Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what I get from HostSolutions.ro
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is what I get from HostSolutions.ro

PeterCxyPeterCxy Member
edited April 2018 in Reviews

So, as usual, I saw some VPS advertisement and found HostSolutions.ro quite interesting due to its location in Romania, which I have not seen very often. Since the price is not very high, I decided that trying for a few months is a good idea.

I ordered a KVM VPS and paid the invoice via Paypal. Things seem to be working as usual and the VPS was activated soon after my payment. However, the whole thing was actually not working at all -- the VPS IP is unreachable and no working VNC console is available. I assumed that there should be something really wrong (e.g. ongoing DDoS attacks / server hardware failure), or the operating system is simply not installed correctly (their operating system list only says "Linux 2.6 / 3.x kernel", without even the distribution name), thus I opened a support ticket in their WHMCS system.

No response in the following hours. Their website even went 522 error for several times during the time I was waiting. Tried to reboot / rebuild several times but nothing was working. I saw there was a CentOS 6 disc mounted on the machine but how on earth am I supposed to do the installation myself without a proper working VNC console? And how on earth would a proper provider not notice when their service is broken for such a long time?

Or maybe I should have posted here before I open a Paypal dispute. Maybe the problem could have been fixed if my first reaction was to post the ticket here at "LowEndSupport". But I chose to open a Paypal dispute, and after which I quickly received a cursing response to the ticket I have opened.

And yes I got back what I paid. I am posting here only for those who would like to try this or similar providers. Maybe it is not a good idea to deal with some provider that could not even spell English words correctly, and could not even deal with the Linux operating system images correctly.

Attachment is the full conversation between me and the support team.

--- EDIT ---

And yes, what finally convinced me to "dispute" was searching something about this provider and found some earlier threads, for example

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/135412/hostsolutions-ro-problem-and-resolution

but I know it's not going to work as a reason here.

And I am not wasting my time on this matter any more. Posting here is only for reference for anyone who might want to deal with the provider. It's completely up to your evaluation, and I am not expecting anything here.

Thank you.

Thanked by 2UnnoTed BlaZe

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

PeterCxy said: No response in the following hours.

So you submitted a ticket to a budget provider, didn't even wait 24 hours, and then opened a Paypal dispute.

Or maybe I should have posted here before I open a Paypal dispute.

Maybe you should have given @cociu time to respond.

Maybe the problem could have been fixed if my first reaction was to post the ticket here at "LowEndSupport". But I chose to open a Paypal dispute,

PeterCxy said: And yes I got back what I paid.

And Mario got hit with a chargeback fee. Seem right to you?

Ah, China vs. Great Europeans...I feel like I'm watching a LowEndCivilization game.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Name calling aside, the general rule of thumb (especially for LE providers) at least for me is to wait for a ticket response for at least 24 hours before taking any actions. And don't bump the ticket as that puts you back at the bottom of the ticket queue.

Thanked by 2JackH FHR
  • imokimok Member
    edited April 2018

LowEndLoled when I reached the "Are you idiot?" part. I know it's not a good way to reply from a provider but funny.

And then "Regards".

ROFL.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't even give 24 hours.

Fucked up.

• donlidonli Member

No perfume for you.

• Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @MasonR said:
    Name calling aside, the general rule of thumb (especially for LE providers) at least for me is to wait for a ticket response for at least 24 hours before taking any actions. And don't bump the ticket as that puts you back at the bottom of the ticket queue.

I would definitely wait at least 24 hours if the VPS is at least working or I can at least access it via SSH or VNC after completing the invoice. But this was not the case, the service seem to be completely not working and the website even went down for some time, which drove me worrying about whether the provider is still here or is it just a dead website -- and that's why I chose to dispute after such a short time.

It's my fault not coming here earlier.

• @PeterCxy said:

It's my fault not coming here earlier.

The 24+ hour timer counts for LET threads as well as PayPal disputes. I think it's: Support ticket, wait 24 hours, post on let, chargeback.

• emghemgh Member

Sure, charging back is a dick move. You should feel ashamed, but replying, as a company, with ”are you an idiot?” is honestly nearly worse.

• @deank said:

Fucked up.

If it was like some other providers that requires waiting some ~24hrs working time before the services can be activated due to their verification process, it would be totally fine.

It would also be totally fine if things at least seem to be working, network is at least reachable or there is kind of announcement on the website stating that things have gone terribly wrong. I have even waited for ~1week when other provider just got their servers DDoSed and had to migrate when they at least have some kind of announcement. When the website is even going down for 522 error, I was really in doubt whether I could ever receive a reply.

And sorry I am not visiting LET regularly so I did not know he's on LET regularly.

• Op, you're in the wrong here.

Thanked by 1pike
  • And yes, what finally convinced me to "dispute" was searching something about this provider and found some earlier threads, for example

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/135412/hostsolutions-ro-problem-and-resolution

When you divorce your wife, you always first attempt to talk through.

What you've done is file a divorce first and then seeking council from people.

• One person wrong doesn't make another person right. Yes, the OP opened the dispute, but it doesn't mean the provider can get away with being rude. I wouldn't stay as a customer anymore, canceling my services.

Thanked by 1AstroProfundis
  • Is patience such a rare skill these days? There is a reason why you have 180 days to file a dispute on PayPal...

Marius' English isn't perfect and sometimes tickets might take a while, but overall you're still getting good service for the money.

However, what I have no understanding for is this toxic shit of generalization, both by OP and Marius. I'd rather get called an idiot by a provider than "Dear insert nationality people".

Overall I still blame OP tho, all of this mess could have been avoided if he wasn't such an impatient jerk. Even 24 hours aren't that much when timezones are involved...

• donlidonli Member

@PeterCxy said:
    And yes, what finally convinced me to "dispute" was searching something about this provider and found some earlier threads, for example

Hostsolutions.ro clearly isn't for everybody.

• low budget servers = keep the one that does whatever it takes to maintain your data safe, whatever else is just a plus or bling blings, that's why I come here "low end" out of blingblings that I don't need.. if you need stuff made full of ui's that do everything for you, then go for highendservers :thumbsup:

• It's quite surprising to me that people don't feel wrong when a provider call its client "idiot" directly.

I myself had some experience dealing with hosting business and fully known how much a Paypal dispute sucks, but cursing client is way more worse and enough for me to blacklist this provider from future choises.

Thanked by 1Dwayne

No, I don't feel anything wrong with a host calling a client "idiot" in this specific case.

Thanked by 3default pike jvnadr
  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@AstroProfundis said:
    It's quite surprising to me that people don't feel wrong when a provider call its client "idiot" directly.

I myself had some experience dealing with hosting business and fully known how much a Paypal dispute sucks, but cursing client is way more worse and enough for me to blacklist this provider from future choises.

Think of it like a cheap diner with a cranky waitress that insults customers when they ask where their food is.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • edited April 2018

@donli said:
    Think of it like a cheap diner with a cranky waitress that insults customers when they ask where their food is.

If you mean this level of service is what the OP paid for, well... I got your point. But I'll surely go with some other providers as long as I have different (not worse) choices.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@PeterCxy said:

@deank said:

Fucked up.

If it was like some other providers that requires waiting some ~24hrs working time before the services can be activated due to their verification process, it would be totally fine.

It would also be totally fine if things at least seem to be working, network is at least reachable or there is kind of announcement on the website stating that things have gone terribly wrong. I have even waited for ~1week when other provider just got their servers DDoSed and had to migrate when they at least have some kind of announcement. When the website is even going down for 522 error, I was really in doubt whether I could ever receive a reply.

And sorry I am not visiting LET regularly so I did not know he's on LET regularly.

Have you ever considered that it can be shite connection from your side? As 10 out of 10 your gov is spies on you or you use cheap VPN crap service and this means you connection is unstable!

• NdhaNdha Member

And then @cociu network got problems..

Even website unreachable, vps down..

• @Ndha said:
    And then @cociu network got problems..

Even website unreachable, vps down..

Lol it actually is. Riperoni.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited April 2018

Keep on bashing OP LET. Surely its impatience and incorrect to raise a PayPal dispute without trying to resolve it with the host first. But ask yourself, does the OP deserve all those insults especially when all his communication has been very decent and mannered.

Are you folks going to justify any level of rudeness, abuse and arrogance from this pathetically unprofessional & incompetent host just because he often brings good deals to the table? If hostsolutions is so against orders from China, just not take them in the first place like some other actual & real hosts do. How this behavior from a so called service provider gets tolerated and approved here is beyond me.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Chinese people make other people racist towards Chinese people.

Thanked by 2pike WebProject
  • @dynamo said:
    Keep on bashing OP LET. Surely its impatience and incorrect to raise a PayPal dispute without trying to resolve it with the host first. But ask yourself, does the OP deserve all those insults especially when all his communication has been very decent and mannered.

Are you folks going to justify any level of rudeness, abuse and arrogance from this pathetically unprofessional & incompetent host just because he often brings good deals to the table? If hostsolutions is so against orders from China, just not take them in the first place like some other actual & real hosts do. How this behavior from a so called service provider gets tolerated and approved here is beyond me.

No offense but banning Chinese customers altogether is often justified from an accurate stereotype of fraud or friendly fraud such as OP. In other words, OP is an idiot.

Thanked by 2default WebProject
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@dynamo said:

Yep, OP jumped the gun a bit, I agree with you on this.

Everyone needs to remain calm, this was not a charge back, it was a dispute, I don't think it deserves racist insults either way.

In these cases, it is important to but feelings aside and consider the real root cause and catalyst for these events.

Thanked by 2Shazan soulorr
  • @randvegeta said:
    Chinese people make other people racist towards Chinese people.

Ugh, it's complicated. You should know well from Hong Kong and Shenzhen.

But again, let's not derail it entirely.

Website of Hostsolutions is certainly down, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was yet another LET DDoS.

OP could have waited but there wasn't a need to lose temper like @cociu did.
    I am still keeping my server and as I said before, it's been working really well for me and it's up right now as well. I wouldn't mind too much if a provider somewhat rightfully called me an idiot, but that's me as I prefer more direct means of communication and also we're talking about lowend servers.
    We all know that a lot of providers in this price segment are small companies and to some extent I guess many of us enjoy the fact that it's actual people who behave like people who run the companies. It's not this corporate super professional environment hiding behind a a wall of anonymity and venture capital. Either way, it's not the ultimate excuse to behave improperly at all times.

• TionTion Member

@dynamo said:
    Are you folks going to justify any level of rudeness, abuse and arrogance from this pathetically unprofessional & incompetent host just because he often brings good deals to the table?

Cociu is known to be a rude asshole and chinese clients are known to (ab)use the PayPal dispute. Kudos to PeterCxy though. His written english is the best I've seen from a Chinese on LET so far asuming he isn't from Hong Kong but mainland China.

Thanked by 1BlaZe