Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Easter, show me what you've got! Providers, Give us the crazy deals! Mega-request thread! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's Easter, show me what you've got! Providers, Give us the crazy deals! Mega-request thread!

Comments

• @ehab said:
    @Neoon what you think of LXC ?

LXC ??? not heard of , KVM is better

• lemonlemon Member
    edited April 2018

@zhuyijun said:

@ehab said:
    @Neoon what you think of LXC ?

LXC ??? not heard of , KVM is better

depends

• MultiMulti Member

Well, ran some tests and imo its performing not bad. Lets see how fast they deadpool ^^

• Def super oversold CPUs, but everyone is probably smashing benchmarks. Paid for 6 months so will see how this goes lol

• donlidonli Member

@mikewazar said:
    Def super oversold CPUs, but everyone is probably smashing benchmarks. Paid for 6 months so will see how this goes lol

There didn't seem to be any additional discount for 6 months (it was just 2 x the 1.99 Euro for 3 months) so didn't see the need to go for the longer term.

• MultiMulti Member

@mikewazar said:
    Def super oversold CPUs, but everyone is probably smashing benchmarks. Paid for 6 months so will see how this goes lol

Well, I expect all of us are running tests and smash the CPU like there's not tomorrow lol

• donlidonli Member

@Neoon said:
    They were founded 7 months ago, and seem to have mostly positive ratings.

Lowendtalk will be sure to put an end to that.

• lemonlemon Member
    edited April 2018

@mikewazar said:

it's not oversold yet

load average is ~1.5, not that bad on a 6c/12t

• Any idea if their support can speak english?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited April 2018

I have 4 spare servers with dedicated GPU, other specs: Intel Quad Core cpu, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 100Mbps unmetered. The GPU is either of these RX580, RX480, GTX1060. The servers are located in NL. No control panel, so manual reinstalls via ticket. Linux only. Price is $60/mo each non-negotiable. No IPMI or BIOS access. Trusted members only - send a mail inquiry to [email protected]

• MultiMulti Member

@WebGuru said:
    Any idea if their support can speak english?

They should be able to speak atleast basic english.

• @Multi said:

@WebGuru said:

@Multi said:

@WebGuru said:

lets see wanted to ask them a couple of questions

• MultiMulti Member

@WebGuru said:

@Multi said:

@WebGuru said:

Post the results. The support went offline 1,5h ago. (the live support)

• Multi said: I just found a nice offer. As far as I can tell just availble for a few minutes:

https://store.itefg.de/shop/index.php/announcements/6/April-April.html

2VCores

2GB RAM
    20GB SSD Storage
    300Mbit/s Uplink
    Unlimited Traffic (really Unlimited)
    only 0,99€ monthly or 1,99€ every 3 month.

KVM?

• MultiMulti Member

@mtsbatalha said:

Multi said: I just found a nice offer. As far as I can tell just availble for a few minutes:

https://store.itefg.de/shop/index.php/announcements/6/April-April.html

2VCores

2GB RAM
    20GB SSD Storage
    300Mbit/s Uplink
    Unlimited Traffic (really Unlimited)
    only 0,99€ monthly or 1,99€ every 3 month.

KVM?

LXC

• donlidonli Member

@Multi said:
    LXC

That explains why w is showing a 1.45 load average when I'm not running anything.

• @Multi said:

@WebGuru said:

@Multi said:

@WebGuru said:

Post the results. The support went offline 1,5h ago. (the live support)

Replied to my ticket within 5 minutes and in english!

• Second reply within 2 minutes and that too in proper english (not google translation) so good news guys they offer english support!

• donlidonli Member

@zhuyijun said:

@mikewazar said:
    3.98EURO lmao

so the vps location is ??

myLoc datacenter in Dusseldorf, Germany.

• Maybe a n00b question: why are most of the deals right now from Germany (or generally Europe)? Because my impression was bandwidth and parts are relatively more expensive in Europe compared to North America...

• @pullangcubo said:
    Maybe a n00b question: why are most of the deals right now from Germany (or generally Europe)? Because my impression was bandwidth and parts are relatively more expensive in Europe compared to North America...

Electricity and bandwidth is cheap in Europe

• @pullangcubo said:
    bandwidth and parts are relatively more expensive in Europe compared to North America...

nah

• nulldevnulldev Member
    edited April 2018

@WebGuru said:
    My only concern after ordering from itefg.de is that i will have to use translate feature every time and that they don't have english support i guess

BTW you can click the globe icon in the top right of WHMCS to change the billing/management panel to English.

Thanked by 2ehab donli
  • hanerhaner Member

Anyone know if the virmach storage code is dead? Keeps saying I need active service which I do have.

• donlidonli Member

@haner said:
    Anyone know if the virmach storage code is dead? Keeps saying I need active service which I do have.

I just checked and 30offeaster still works.

If it complains about "active service" it's probably an issue between virmach.com and
    vpshared.com logins (lots of us had that problem). Logout, clear all your cache/cookies and
    login to virmach.com again.

• hanerhaner Member

@donli said:

If it complains about "active service" it's probably an issue between virmach.com and
    vpshared.com logins (lots of us had that problem). Logout, clear all your cache/cookies and

Thanks, still not working for me. Tired chrome, FF, and IE. Still complaining I need an active service. Oh well.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebGuru said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Maybe a n00b question: why are most of the deals right now from Germany (or generally Europe)? Because my impression was bandwidth and parts are relatively more expensive in Europe compared to North America...

Electricity and bandwidth is cheap in Europe

Wrong. For both. Its pretty expensive actually.
    @Clouvider surely agrees with me.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • spammyspammy Member
    edited April 2018

@haner said:

@donli said:

Thanks, still not working for me. Tired chrome, FF, and IE. Still complaining I need an active service. Oh well.

Had the same issue yesterday, tried to raise a ticket to ask them, first response was "I confirm you have an active service" (ya, I know that)

second response was asking me for a screenshot of error. I sent the screenshot and that was the end of that conversation, never heard from them since.

I know they are cheap, but that's enough to put me off on place any more order with them, they probably have enough orders that one or two more doesn't really mean much.

My guess is they probably forgot to include some specially discounted service as "active service", so people who have a regularly-priced (or other "specials") service qualifies but people who have discounted service don't.

Also, the guy handling the ticket always close the ticket every time he respond to it. My guess is they outsource the customer support and that guy is trying to make the resolution time stats looking good.

Either way, before someone accuse me of expecting 5-star service with a super-cheap VPS, I am not here to complain, but just sharing my experience and letting people know what to expect. They are cheap, of course.

• hanerhaner Member
    edited April 2018

@spammy said:
    Had the same issue yesterday, tried to raise a ticket to ask them, first response was "I confirm you have an active service" (ya, I know that)

second response was asking me for a screenshot of error. I sent the screenshot and that was the end of that conversation, never heard from them since.

I know they are cheap, but that's enough to put me off on place any more order with them, they probably have enough orders that one or two more doesn't really mean much.

My guess is they probably forgot to include some specially discounted service as "active service" snip-snip

Yeah, I hear you. Spent the last 30 minutes trying this. Even nuking all my browsing history/cookies across my browsers which isn't ideal. Tried incognito/private, same thing. Tried logging in first, then adding to cart, adding to cart, then logging in... all results in the same error. Time is money and for the time I spent trying to get this to work, I might as well look for another offer. Pretty sure they won't hurt without my $5 bucks.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@spammy said:

@haner said:

@donli said:

My guess is they probably forgot to include some specially discounted service as "active service", so people who have a regularly-priced (or other "specials") service qualifies but people who have discounted service don't.

Also, the guy handling the ticket always close the ticket every time he respond to it. My guess is they outsource the customer support and that guy is trying to make the resolution time stats looking good.

Either way, before someone accuse me of expecting 5-star service with a super-cheap VPS, I am not here to complain, but just sharing my experience and letting people know what to expect. They are cheap, of course.

Report that to @Virmach. Something doesnt sound good there. Specially closing the ticket and ignoring the issue.