Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treudler will shutdown - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Treudler will shutdown

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@WebProject said:
    haha, new hosting company probably by the same guy: https://fulltimehosting.net/ ("TREUDLER" promo code will offer an exklusive 10% discount.)

My original comments about Treudler were right as this project will not last more than 6 months!

The Discord invite is from Emile, which is one of the persons who did Support at Treudler, when you join, you see him as CEO.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@tarasis said:

@WebProject said:
    haha, new hosting company probably by the same guy: https://fulltimehosting.net/

Delightful email address for the admin: [email protected]

haha, it sounds like they don't trust in own email server/service! and the TREUDLER owner can easily open any email addresses at Gmail, yesterday his email account was [email protected], today is [email protected], day after will be [email protected] - who care?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: Yes it is.

Some youngsters are smart!

raindog308 said: Examples?

Brent from HostGator. Nuff said!

• @Neoon said:

@WebProject said:
    haha, new hosting company probably by the same guy: https://fulltimehosting.net/ ("TREUDLER" promo code will offer an exklusive 10% discount.)

My original comments about Treudler were right as this project will not last more than 6 months!

The Discord invite is from Emile, which is one of the persons who did Support at Treudler, when you join, you see him as CEO.

Seems like they're selling 20+ "dedicated threads" on a single i7 6700 from SYS game line there.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

he tried to shill here with emilevirus account for fulltimehosting . did that account banned already ?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@teamacc said:

@Neoon said:

@WebProject said:

Seems like they're selling 20+ "dedicated threads" on a single i7 6700 from SYS game line there.

Nothing new. Treudler was selling 8 dedicated cores on an i7 3770 before.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

German Joshua prout

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2018

randvegeta said: Brent from HostGator. Nuff said!

The point went over your head. Of course some young people are smart, IQ isn't age specific. Maturity and (past) experience come with age though, ever heard of the the saying not born yesterday...

It was obvious that the email shot was written by a young person. Most of it was about him and his feelings rather than the point of him in the context of his customers.

Thanked by 3ucxo hostdare lazyt
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2018

@mksh 8 cores @ 250 MHz each :]

jkjk

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited February 2018

@Xei said:
    I can't imagine running a business at 20, kudos to him I guess. I'm not familiar with this company but I'm not familiar most of the newer hosts.

Wait, they hand out kudos for failing nowadays?

I should get a Nobel prize and a TV then.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @raindog308 said:

[randvegeta said]I(/discussion/comment/2683306/#Comment_2683306): It's not fair to pick on him for being young.

Yes it is.

randvegeta said: It's been my experience that a good number of hosting companies start out with really young founders. Very often in their teens.

Examples?

Hostgator is one.
    There is no shortage of companies that started with young people and a passion. I

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Then sold to EIG for 225m. I guess that's the goal.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@hostdare said:
    he tried to shill here with emilevirus account for fulltimehosting . did that account banned already ?

Yep, found another account of his that was banned too... for shilling Treudler...

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@doghouch said:
    @mksh 8 cores @ 250 MHz each :]

jkjk

I think HVH has the one trademarked, don't they?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

ricardo said: The point went over your head. Of course some young people are smart, IQ isn't age specific. Maturity and (past) experience come with age though, ever heard of the the saying not born yesterday...

Oh I got the point. I just don't think it's entirely fair to judge someone by age. I mean.. of course mature, intelligent and successful youths are the exception, not the rule. This Treudler guy definitely does not seem to be such a person.

It would also be fair to say that there are a lot of older people who act like a bunch of 12 year olds. Especially on the internet! Some 40 year olds act like adolescent teens online while some 14 year olds can pass for a 'professional'.

Just my 2c

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

randvegeta said: It would also be fair to say that there are a lot of older people who act like a bunch of 12 year olds. Especially on the internet! Some 40 year olds act like adolescent teens online

I'm rubber and you're glue - insults bounce off me and stick to you, poopie pants.

• @teamacc said:
    non-profit sounds good on paper, but when you think about it, it makes you want to run way further away.

I agree.
    Of course I'm totally not against donating profits to charity.
    But to define your own business as a charity does smell as a tax-evasion strategy.

I had a time where I was running a business that was mainly providing services FOR charities (mostly for free, so it was by all means charitable) but still I would never have considered it itself to BE a charity.

The CEO of a company will get paid regardless of wether or not it is a non-profit or not.

A "CEO" is a hired employee that gets a salary.
    A "Kleinunternehmen" (small business) does usually not have a "paid CEO". It has an owner. He carries the full business risk: he is liable to the full extent of his private assets.
    If things go south, he will be seized down to his underwear (Well, sort of).

So in this sense you are not fair against him: With this legal ehtity that his business had, he IS in for better or worse no matter if his business is a charity or not.

The only difference is that the company itself is not making profit, and hence has no money saved up for future expansion/innovation.

That's not correct.
    A charity can also (with certain limitations) build up "savings" (for Germany: see § 62 AO).

The charity can, however, not simply distribute its profits to owner(s).

But they can (and usually will) have some money set aside, depending on their individual risks for unforseen expenses etc.

• I have paypal disputed him

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

In Germany you are not allowed to start a business/company without the aim of generating profit. The tax authority will declare your company a hobby and will punish you for that.
    You can start a non-profit-organization but there are very strict rules when you are a npo and when not and you can get punished too when you break them. And reselling ovh ressources to customers is never a npo no matter what he tells you.

btw are there any rules regarding providers talking about other providers on let?

• @FR_Michael said:
    btw are there any rules regarding providers talking about other providers on let?

No. You can freely piss on someone without any consequences with fat and nice layer of your own company shilling. /s

@LTniger said:

@FR_Michael said:

No. You can freely piss on someone without any consequences with fat and nice layer of your own company shilling. /s

only piss or also shit and jokes about his sexual preferences?

• Who will host Club Penguin now?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @FR_Michael said:

@LTniger said:

@FR_Michael said:

only piss or also shit and jokes about his sexual preferences?

Go ahead please.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • mail to [email protected], thats the tax authority for his area.

• there goes my 4 bucks that he 'refunded' and I thought I'll get something in future :D

• Treudler is a not a non-profit company. Non-profit means that they don't make high profit overtime.

• @Pilovali said:
    Treudler is a not a non-profit company. Non-profit means that they don't make high profit overtime.

Huh? It was never a question about treudler being non-profit. I think from a few threads a few people will be mentioning this to his tax authority..

Non profit has nothing to do with "high profit overtime". Non profit is a designation for a tax exempt entity. Many tax exempt or non profits make a boatload of money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: Examples?

I myself started when i was 18, now im soon to be 23 and feel damn old.
    By that time i was still in school and my teachers were surprised that i have my own company ^^

I also know multiple other hosting providers who started around that age.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

As company you can do as much profit as you want.

As NPO, you do also profit, you still need to pay your employees and up to a certain amount this is tax free, which seems to be higher as if you would run a company.

But you are charitable, which does mean, you need to help other people for example inside of your city.
    If you just pay your bills, you are not charitable.

For me, Treudler is a company, not a NPO.

I am not aware of any point, that Treudler was charitable, except the 0.01€ vps boxes.