Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treudler will shutdown
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Treudler will shutdown

Dear customers,
Dear friends,
Dear team,

As you're aware, our support response time has increased a lot in the past couple of months. First of all I need to point out that Treudler has not deadpooled or gone bankrupt (greetings to LowEndTalk).

I have done everything alone, indeed my great team helped me with the community, with tickets and some little technical work, but that's not even 10% of the total work. Really special thanks to Jarno, without you in our team Treudler would have shutdowned much earlier. Also thanks Emile, Ripen James, Ricky and James, plus my much loved Senior Customers. You really made my past year complete. Also I wanna thank Robin, who has co-founded this company with me, even if he has left Treudler in late 2016 already.

I took care of over 2700 customers in a period of nearly 3 years. I made profit, which was always re-invested into new host systems for our virtual servers (plus some Steam games for myself).

Since mid of 2017 I have been looking for someone who could take over Treudler as it is. The main problem is that I'm not trusting my lastname to anyone. Before someone else scrapes it, I decided to shut everything down. Please do not send me emails asking if you can takeover my customers. One of the many reasons for this quick shutdown is that I just don't want to work on Treudler anymore. I want to focus on my reallife and personal education. My near friends and customers will understand that.

I did not need any real help or anything like that, I was not overstrained, it just took me too much time and effort to work on everything.

FAQ:

Q: Can I get a backup of my server?
A: Download it yourself. If a customer is terminated, all his files are PERMANENTLY DESTROYED and can NOT be restored, including all server files. According to our terms of service we're not responsible for your data. I’m terribly sorry. Doing backups has to be a standard in 2018.

Q: I have credits left in my account. Can they be paid out?
A: No. All credits are non-refundable. We will keep our billing system up. If I’m ever planning to sell unused resources on my private Hetzner servers, you'll be able to use them for that.

Q: I've renewed my server for 3, 6 or 12 months. Will I get a refund?
A: Yes. We will provide a refund within the next 30 days. There's nothing that has to be done from your side.

Q: You’re owning a few thousand IPv4 addresses at OVH and SoYouStart. Can I buy them?
A: Yes. You can buy /27, /28, /29 and /30 subnets at 1€ per IP independent of if you're a hosting provider or private person. Paypal friends & family only. Contact me at for further details.
The following IPs are still available and they can only be routed to servers in the country below:
PL: 1x /29, 10x /30, 9x /32
UK: 1x /29, 14x /30
FR: 1x /27, 2x /28, 10x /29, 38x /30, 158x /32
DE: 2x /29, 10x /30, 4x /32
CA: 1x /28, 7x /29, 14x /30, 9x /32

I'm actually very proud for what I’ve done in my age of only 20. With distance, Treudler has been one of the best OVH resellers in the world.

Thank you,

Thanked by 1andiklive

Comments

• So, he bought steam games and out of business. At least he's honest.

• Didn’t this happen a few days ago?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2018

@doghouch said:
    Didn’t this happen a few days ago?

Yeah, it seems that he posted the message on his website a couple of days back. But, I just got an email alert about the same and figured that I'd share the info here, considering the number of people that jumped on his 1TB storage server deals not too long ago.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • dedotatedwamdedotatedwam Member
    edited February 2018

K4Y5 said: The main problem is that I'm not trusting my lastname to anyone.

Why start a business if this is an issue???

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @dedotatedwam said:

K4Y5 said: The main problem is that I'm not trusting my lastname to anyone.

Why start a business if this is an issue???

His name isn't worth shit, the kid's delusional.

• @K4Y5 said:

@doghouch said:
    Didn’t this happen a few days ago?

Yeah, it seems that he posted the message on his website a couple of days back. But, I just got an email alert about the same and figured that I'd share the info here, considering the number of people that jumped on his 1TB storage server deals not too long ago.

It was bound to happen eventually. He probably ran out of money after giving so many free/unreasonably discounted servers out.

Thanked by 1graphic
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

deadpool. why else would he not sell off the customers.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @mmuyskens said:

Because the customers are largely bottom-feeding scum that are of no value to anyone else?

• @Nekki said:

@mmuyskens said:

Because the customers are largely bottom-feeding scum that are of no value to anyone else?

So you mean LET crowds?

Thanked by 1pike
  • XeiXei Member
    edited February 2018

I can't imagine running a business at 20, kudos to him I guess. I'm not familiar with this company but I'm not familiar most of the newer hosts.

• ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited February 2018

I'm not gonna kudos him at all - he says is is one of the worlds best OVH resellers - yet OVH has pretty much blocked him everywhere on twitter etc, because he is too childish and invent problems just to talk shit about them :-)

Young guy with little temper - not something that should run a hosting provider.
    So it's kinda nice that he shuts down tbh.

I don't think that the fact is he cannot let other companies use his last name, rather other companies doesn't wanna use his name because he turned it into shit by being a complete dick towards other people.

-- This message apparently caused treudler to feel bad and ban me. Again very childish of him :-)

If you talk bad about treudler, then expect a ban - because that's what kids do these days.

• Steam Games. lol

• K4Y5 said: My ... snip ... customers will understand that.

Not only are they going to understand that but they are even gonna love the fact they'll have to migrate their shit. I mean who wouldn't take a little hardship to ensure some random guy gets more free time?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Dude, you are late. LAAAAATE.

• Treudler has not deadpooled or gone bankrupt

Thanked by 2PrestigeWS Wolveix
  • The writing has been on the wall for months now with respect to Treudler.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2018

Someone send the boy some sweeties to cheer him up. I'm too old... is he quitting because he's now a level 50 warlock?

• @ricardo said:
    Someone send the boy some sweeties to cheer him up. I'm too old... is he quitting because he's now a level 50 warlock?

I'm sure he bought sweets when he was playing his treudler.net funded steam games.

• Zerpy said: treudler.net funded

And buying IPs as 'friends and family'. Pure accounting genius. To be young and make up the rules, bless.

• He will sell all those juicy IP's to his sister...

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

ricardo said: To be young and make up the rules, bless.

It's not fair to pick on him for being young. You should simply pick on the childish behavior and delusional mumbling.

It's been my experience that a good number of hosting companies start out with really young founders. Very often in their teens.

K4Y5 said: I'm actually very proud for what I’ve done in my age of only 20. With distance, Treudler has been one of the best OVH resellers in the world.

This seems a bit self congratulatory. He seems to have a high opinion of himself. Perhaps it's backed up by some genuine success, but I find it hard to believe. Modesty is definitely not one of his virtues.

But there are a lot of smart kids out there. Most hosting companies fail, but as I said, a good many that are around today were started by 'some kid'.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • Zerpy said: So you mean LET crowds?

Is this your alt-account Gordon?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

K4Y5 said: Treudler has not deadpooled or gone bankrupt

tl;dr: they deadpooled.

• randvegeta said: It's not fair to pick on him for being young. You should simply pick on the childish behavior and delusional mumbling.

It's been my experience that a good number of hosting companies start out with really young founders. Very often in their teens.

Or look at it another way, some of those young founders are mature for their age. This one is showing lack of experience. Successful companies run by younger people with little/no experience are the exception to the rule.

Thanked by 2ucxo Rolter

randvegeta said: It's not fair to pick on him for being young.

Yes it is.

randvegeta said: It's been my experience that a good number of hosting companies start out with really young founders. Very often in their teens.

Examples?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • I have never used them before, but this seems like a dick move.

A: No. All credits are non-refundable. We will keep our billing system up. If I’m ever planning to sell unused resources on my private Hetzner servers, you'll be able to use them for that.

Thanked by 2risharde LjL

jamespeach said: Q: I have credits left in my account. Can they be paid out? A: No. All credits are non-refundable. We will keep our billing system up. If I’m ever planning to sell unused resources on my private Hetzner servers, you'll be able to use them for that.

Correction: deadpooled and ran away with clients' money.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @jamespeach said:
    I have never used them before, but this seems like a dick move.

Ask him to send you a steam gift.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @randvegeta said:

K4Y5 said: I'm actually very proud for what I’ve done in my age of only 20. With distance, Treudler has been one of the best OVH resellers in the world.

This seems a bit self congratulatory. He seems to have a high opinion of himself. Perhaps it's backed up by some genuine success, but I find it hard to believe. Modesty is definitely not one of his virtues.

He might have a different definition of success maybe. He could even be thinking purely on quantity rather than quality provided and ignoring the LET fiasco in his conclusion :P