Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treudler will shutdown - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Treudler will shutdown

Comments

• bjrjkbjrjk Member
    edited February 2018

Haha.I am also a teenager using many providers' services.There was something bad with this provider according to my experiences.But when I found he was 20 years old,it became understandable in a way.Everybody made mistakes in his/her childhood. Right?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanked by 3LjL DewlanceVPS Wolveix
  • @raindog308 said:

randvegeta said: It's been my experience that a good number of hosting companies start out with really young founders. Very often in their teens.

Examples?

Not sure if it counts as a hosting company.. But cPanel Inc? Nick was a teenager when he started developing cPanel :-D

Thanked by 1subhojitdutta
  • @raindog308 said:

good right ... more like scumbag move justified by fineprint...

• I doubt this is legal in Germany.

Thanked by 2LjL DewlanceVPS
  • Accepting a payment with the intent of providing a service & in the end not rendering a service is fraud, no ToS is gonna allow you to override consumer protection laws.

Lying about being a non-profit company is seriously dodgy as well, especially in Germany.

When I was 20, I was already a tax administrator - this guy has no reason to be this bloody stupid.

Thanked by 1LjL
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@Aidan said:
    Lying about being a non-profit company is seriously dodgy as well, especially in Germany.

Yeah, non profit my ass. Like he is rendering a public service by providing hosting... Besides if hes basically a charity how come his profit is able to buy him steam games? I don't get it...

• Can someone tell me which type of company he was running? (GmbH, UG)?

Thanked by 2southy DewlanceVPS
  • @Aidan said:
    Accepting a payment with the intent of providing a service & in the end not rendering a service is fraud, no ToS is gonna allow you to override consumer protection laws.

When I was 20, I was already a tax administrator - this guy has no reason to be this bloody stupid.

Lying about being a charitable foundation/non-profit isn’t just illegal in Germany — it’ll get you in a pretty deep hole as well if you commit this kind of fraud in the UK, CA, the US; etc.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited February 2018

ricardo said: And buying IPs as 'friends and family'. Pure accounting genius.

I hope no one everyone sent a link to that page to Paypal.

Thanked by 1LjL
  • @lion said:
    Can someone tell me which type of company he was running? (GmbH, UG)?

"Treudler Hosting & IT-Lösungen" & "Treudler Hosting " is not registered in any of the 16 federal states & has never been registered with the European Business Register or any comparable official entity.

Good ol' Josh is using his father's address as his place of administration.

Pretty sure he's guilty of tax evasion as well.

Lying about being a charitable foundation/non-profit isn’t just illegal in Germany — it’ll get you in a pretty deep hole as well if you commit this kind of fraud in the UK, CA, the US; etc.

Indeed, my point was that doing it in Germany is just about the worst place to do it.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

sue the fucker already lmao

• @Aidan said:

@lion said:
    Can someone tell me which type of company he was running? (GmbH, UG)?

"Treudler Hosting & IT-Lösungen" & "Treudler Hosting " is not registered in any of the 16 federal states & has never been registered with the European Business Register or any comparable official entity.

Good ol' Josh is using his father's address as his place of administration.

Pretty sure he's guilty of tax evasion as well.

Indeed, my point was that doing it in Germany is just about the worst place to do it.

Well according to his legal page ( https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:5G7QYUNYBusJ:https://www.treudler.net/legal/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nl&client=firefox-b-ab ) he is under the "Small business status"...

Now if I look correctly that means his turnover hs been less than 17500 a year :')
    So you have less than 17500 in turnover with thousands of IPs. Seems legit indeed.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So easy to scam in hosting industry.

And people keep falling for it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Basically, he said on Discord that he is paying OVH alone 3k+ per month.

So you can calculate that he exceeded already 17.5k turnover per year.

Thanked by 1LjL
  • Now if I look correctly that means his turnover hs been less than 17500 a year :') So you have less than 17500 in turnover with thousands of IPs. Seems legit indeed.

Services delivered to Non-EU residents are kinda exempt so it's possible through some shady location settings.

That being said, I can't find his entity registered anywhere nor can I find any annual returns - the kid is 100% defrauding the state.

• Aidan said: That being said, I can't find his entity registered anywhere nor can I find any annual returns - the kid is 100% defrauding the state.

Don't worry, he's a nonprofit charity org.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Aidan said:

Now if I look correctly that means his turnover hs been less than 17500 a year :') So you have less than 17500 in turnover with thousands of IPs. Seems legit indeed.

Services delivered to Non-EU residents are kinda exempt so it's possible through some shady location settings.

That being said, I can't find his entity registered anywhere nor can I find any annual returns - the kid is 100% defrauding the state.

Pretty sure he is/was a so called "einzelunternehmer". They don't need to be registered like a gmbh or ug and don't need to release yearly business details that could be found online. They just need to send details to the tax authority without making them public.

The turnover can exceed 17500€ in the first year it will just change his status in the following business year. so there is basically no way to find out about his turnover or if he did shady things but you can give german tax authority a hint that yo suspect that he lied about is turnover.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • farnoxfarnox Member
    edited February 2018

@Aidan That might actually be possible. „Einzelunternehmer“ do not have to publish any documents and there is no public register about them. You could phone his city to ask if he has a Gewerbe but they will likely not tell you.

Thanked by 2First-Root Aidan
  • @Neoon said:

Sigh.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Amitz said:

@Neoon said:

Sigh.

Well, since my last comment about Treudler ended in a discord ban:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2679460/#Comment_2679460

I am gone from there discord, so he still keeps browsing LET for sure.

However, he said it in voice, otherwise I would have put up a screenshot.

Additional to that, a friend of mine warned me, because he knew him doing some kind of shady stuff before.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Generally, a crook is always a crook. It's not that he doesn't know the honest way. It's just that he is comfortable with the shady way.

• @Neoon said:

@Amitz said:

@Neoon said:

Sigh.

Additional to that, a friend of mine warned me, because he knew him doing some kind of shady stuff before.

My "Sigh" was more towards the assumption that expenses are part of the turnover.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Amitz said:

@Neoon said:

@Amitz said:

@Neoon said:

Sigh.

My "Sigh" was more towards the assumption that expenses are part of the turnover.

Seeing as he stated that he bought Steam games with his non-profits profit, it'll be reasonable to assume that his revenue was close to his expenditure.

• non-profit sounds good on paper, but when you think about it, it makes you want to run way further away.

The CEO of a company will get paid regardless of wether or not it is a non-profit or not.

The only difference is that the company itself is not making profit, and hence has no money saved up for future expansion/innovation.

@Francisco has actually mentioned his "war chest" several times. That is a thing non-profits dont have.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

teamacc said: @Francisco has actually mentioned his "war chest" several times. That is a thing non-profits dont have.

Every profitable company has a "war chest", it's literally just a savings account.

Francisco

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • @Francisco said:

teamacc said: @Francisco has actually mentioned his "war chest" several times. That is a thing non-profits dont have.

Every profitable company has a "war chest", it's literally just a savings account.

Francisco

That's not the way I wanted my post to be interpreted. I was just pointing out that treudler claimed to be non-profit, and hence does not fill his company's savings account.

Which is a sure way to deadpool before the end of the year.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

haha, new hosting company probably by the same guy: https://fulltimehosting.net/ ("TREUDLER" promo code will offer an exklusive 10% discount.)

My original comments about Treudler were right as this project will not last more than 6 months!

• @WebProject said:
    haha, new hosting company probably by the same guy: https://fulltimehosting.net/

Delightful email address for the admin: [email protected]

Thanked by 1doghouch