Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LET dedicated box pricing (USD$84/month) discussion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New LET dedicated box pricing (USD$84/month) discussion

NodePingNodePing Member
edited February 2018 in General

So my request thread was hijacked by discussion about the new price point for dedicated boxes...

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, since this Limit is up, we will see more ovepriced dedis, i guarantee it.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @Neoon said:

And we’ll laugh them out of town, like we always do. Seems to me that this will flush out the money grabbers.

The old limit never prevented sub $20 deals, so why should this?

Thanked by 2Aidan Cam
    edited January 2018

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

And we’ll laugh them out of town, like we always do. Seems to me that this will flush out the money grabbers.

True

The old limit never prevented sub $20 deals, so why should this?

Well, we had 49$ before, if a provider needed to put a 20$ promo on it, to let it be posted here, now he can just do a 10$ promo and make more profit.

I am sure we will still see 20$ deals arround here, but lets wait to see the results of the impact.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

We might possibly see a LET mining special w/ dual E5's within the new price point. Would be interesting. Would give providers the opportunity to dump some old E5v1 gear with minimal bandwidth and RAM.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @MasonR said:
    We might possibly see a LET mining special w/ dual E5's within the new price point. Would be interesting. Would give providers the opportunity to dump some old E5v1 gear with minimal bandwidth and RAM.

Personally I’d hate to see all that mining shit invade, but I’m probably in the minority there.

Thanked by 2Ewok tarasis
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@Neoon I did worry about that, it was a concern, but I just knew you would be all over anyone doing that.

the idea is to bring more hosts in that have slightly higher prices for good reason and also bigger spec servers that are still a great deal.

I promise you if the primary net impact is what you fear, it will be reverted.

Honestly, i expected the change to the 14 day limit on posting offers to create a bigger noise :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited January 2018

I guess lifting limit of VPS/Dedi a bit up will allow alot of quality providers come back. I have personally used the good providers from 2014-15... then moved to lower cost providers from mid 2016-2017... but I'm now slowly moving back to the better providers for production systems. For personal not-so-important stuff it is okay, but the ultra-low-end providers tend to be a pain when dealing with commercially viable projects for reasonably paying clients.

• >

Honestly, i expected the change to the 14 day limit on posting offers to create a bigger noise :)

I expect providers to do a "once every 2 weeks, kinda" schedule, with less worry about actually staying over the 14 days.

Of course there are a few providers on here that seem to post by cronjob only, who will edit their cron accordingly.

• The discussion about the change is happening on the announcement thread. This is a request thread. I wanna see some offers!

Thanked by 2Clouvider geekalot

Yep you may not get offers over the new (trial) price point, part of the goal was to bring new hosts in which I am working on.

• LeeLee Veteran

I remember Maarten and I went out to quite a few providers with the suggestion we temporarily move the pricing to let them make some offers. The answer was a resounding "LET, lol. Feck right off". Doors were immediately shut as they didn't want an approved association.

Will be interesting to see if that has changed and more come in, when I say more come in I don't mean the over-priced CC type resellers with older hardware.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Is the Isle of Man a location you'd consider? :) this new price point certainly lets us open up more offers.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

JSCL said: Is the Isle of Man a location you'd consider? :)

Is for me.

• JSCL said: Is the Isle of Man a location you'd consider?

Definitely. What you got to offer?

Lee said: I remember Maarten and I went out to quite a few providers with the suggestion we temporarily move the pricing to let them make some offers. The answer was a resounding "LET, lol. Feck right off". Doors were immediately shut as they didn't want an approved association.

Will be interesting to see if that has changed and more come in, when I say more come in I don't mean the over-priced CC type resellers with older hardware.

I am going to be making direct contact to try and pull new blood in, that was the purpose of my other thread asking who your goto hosts are that are not present on LET :)

There really has been change in the background, its refreshing, if it had have been more of the same I would not have even lasted 48 hours, I won't waste my time, hopefully, the people with the feel for the history of the place like you know I would not just sit here in this role for the fun of it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Every offer in this thread sucks. Quick, @qps, save us!

• This rule will not exist in max. two weeks guarateed :)

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @Neoon I did worry about that, it was a concern, but I just knew you would be all over anyone doing that.

the idea is to bring more hosts in that have slightly higher prices for good reason and also bigger spec servers that are still a great deal.

I promise you if the primary net impact is what you fear, it will be reverted.

How about: If providers post offers lower than any of his post before, they can post anytime.

• singhigh said: How about: If providers post offers lower than any of his post before, they can post anytime.

With minimums, otherwise you end up with -0.01 / day

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Great idea to run the market to the ground and deadpool a few hosts

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @AnthonySmith My request thread done been hijacked for discussion. I can no longer edit the title or move it to the appropriate category. Please make those edits or close it. I'm not going to get any requests amidst this mess. Thanks.

• For that matter I don't see an actual request, saying what you want, location, budget, etc. It looks like just a normal discussion opening post.

• willie said: I don't see an actual request

Look a little closer, willie... A request is there.

NodePing said: I'm in the market so let's see some offers! I prefer E3s but will consider whatever you got, wherever you got it.

That covers what I want (E3), location (wherever - I need boxes all over the world), and budget is framed by the new rules ($84/month).

Thanked by 1sibaper

Maybe make a new post today, it was still to raw I think :)

@WHT said:
    This rule will not exist in max. two weeks guarateed :)

It is a 3 month trial, the trial will be concluded.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2018

@Clouvider said:
    Great idea to run the market to the ground and deadpool a few hosts

How exactly would that run the market into the ground if they're increasing the price limit, not decreasing? And secondly, how would that deadpool other hosts?

Would it affect your business negatively at all? I'd imagine it would now allow you to post more of your offers that were previously too expensive for the LET rules.

Unless that's some kinda provider joke that us customers don't get..

dahartigan said: How exactly would that run the market into the ground if they're increasing the price limit, not decreasing? And secondly, how would that deadpool other hosts?

Would it affect your business negatively at all? I'd imagine it would now allow you to post more of your offers that were previously too expensive for the LET rules.

He was referring to the post directly before his I would assume: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2650738/#Comment_2650738

i.e. "How about: If providers post offers lower than any of his post before, they can post anytime."

Which in practice would mean $49, $48, $47, $46, $45, $44, $43, $42, $41, $40, $39 .. etc etc.

obviously that would run you in to the ground.

It is important to read the whole thread here, not every reply has context against the original post.

Thanked by 2Clouvider dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

dahartigan said: How exactly would that run the market into the ground if they're increasing the price limit, not decreasing? And secondly, how would that deadpool other hosts?

He was referring to the post directly before his I would assume: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2650738/#Comment_2650738

i.e. "How about: If providers post offers lower than any of his post before, they can post anytime."

Which in practice would mean $49, $48, $47, $46, $45, $44, $43, $42, $41, $40, $39 .. etc etc.

obviously that would run you in to the ground.

It is important to read the whole thread here, not every reply has context against the original post.

Touche! I actually did read the posts above, but for some reason I didn't put the two together. Maybe I need glasses, lol. EDIT: I have to admit, I don't always read word for word every post by certain people so I skip to the next, which failed me here.

Sorry @Clouvider!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited February 2018

That was quick:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/136912/loveservers-manchester-uk-dedicated-servers#latest

E3, 8GB, 500GB for 84$

As I said, oveprice as fuck.

Thanked by 1Junkless