Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSByCall: free VPS over the phone [1.5 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 100 Mbps unmetered] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSByCall: free VPS over the phone [1.5 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 100 Mbps unmetered]

Comments

• @TarZZ92 said:
    I tried joining up for the sake of it. but when i tried calling no answer.

And to everyone who disapproves we have something similiar here in the UK called samba mobile. which you watch ads for mobile broadband credit. and it's quite popular.

Wow, first comment that was somewhat positive. Thanks. :)

About no one picking up - thats strange. I just tried the UK numbers and it works.

• @VPSByCall said:
    My reply is that the manual labor required is hitting redial on your phone.

Hmmm, once again.

Listening to ads distracts me, so to say politely. The estimated loss has already been mentioned.

Also, I wonder how do you plan to handle those who tune to your ad stream, then simply mute sound and do whatever they like instead of listening to ads?

• @Master_Bo said:
    Also, I wonder how do you plan to handle those who tune to your ad stream, then simply mute sound and do whatever they like instead of listening to ads?

That's nothing we can control.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    This should be deleted, it is an offer and you have complied with none of the rules, thank you and good night.

@rm_ said:
    It is more a WTF, than anything else. Mods please don't delete this, it's hilarious. Close if you must, but even then I see no reason to.

I don't think that someone really consider this as "offer". It's taken more as unique and potentially failed business plan. But then who knows... :)

@DomainBop do we really need to read about same unrelated issues in every thread? It's getting old and boring. Beside that your statement isn't correct (2 days != 4 days). I won't say more as people don't come here to read about cvps all the time. It's not all about them unless YOU make it that way.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Can I have:

32 MB RAM

500 GB Bandwidth

5 GB Disk

1 IPv4

for 150 minutes/monthly(Minutes are expensive)?

I am also in Bulgaria.

• Err, Anyone familar with there own providers TOS, Many of them state a fair usage policy even On unlimited plans, There is never such thing as UNLIMITED, they let you do like 10 hours then anything over they define as abuse an charge u for it.

This plan is stupid an just someone who wasted there time an effort creating something which is as dumb as fuk.

• I can see where this Ideal "could" work if structured a little better. In the US we have a service called hitbliss.com you watch videos and earn money that can be used to rent movies or tv shows. I use it to get Pandora One for free. 1 minutes is roughly 1 dollar. If someone could use the hitbliss model you chould have a decent vps for less than 10 minutes of watching video ads.

• Plus I'm pretty sure he's giving you a VPS on a 3 euro OVH atom.

• This is the funniest thing I've ever read.

• @VPSbyCall Can't believe you trolled! ;)

• Is this some kind of a joke? Notice that their Facebook page was created on Friday the 13th of this month. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vpsbycall/1402739239954287

• And will this even break even the cost incurred to charge my phone battery to call for 70+ hours?

• I think there's a very good chance this is an elaborate joke.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Can I have: ...

No.

• @ztec said:
    Plus I'm pretty sure he's giving you a VPS on a 3 euro OVH atom.

No, own infrastructure + hardware.

• Only got one word for you guys Insanity at its best.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

What can I have for 150 minutes monthly?
    @VPSByCall

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    What can I have for 150 minutes monthly?
    VPSByCall

Nothing.

• @shawn123 said:
    Only got one word for you guys Insanity at its best.

That's 4 words. ;)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2013

It's going to fail, simple as.

*edit - It's already failed.

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited September 2013

@VPSByCall said:
    No, own infrastructure + hardware.

HAHA
    this?
    VPSbyCall

• Yeah. facepalm

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Reviving thread cause woooo.

https://freevps.us/thread-11654-post-137215.html#pid137215

Seems like someone got a VPS from them :P

• Of course. By now we've given out a good amount of VPSes. :)

• It says that the number I dialed is no longer in use while trying to call UK. Same also happens with Germany and USA. Seems like you guys are having some problems with calls

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Lucky that this isn’t up anymore. Loads of people would’ve just used Google Voice or something on a VPS and milk it out for the free one.

• Yeah, they were bought out by Facebook for half a billion dollars about 3 years ago. Somehow Facebook gets users to spend double the hours, and doesn't even give you a free VPS!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

For all you younguns who never heard the tale, this entertaining thread was featured on LowEndBox today.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/the-most-ridiculous-vps-company-of-all-time/

• Necrooooo

• This is classic LET. Nobhead turns up, chats shit, gets banged by everyone.

No fucking bleeding hearts siding with someone who’s clearly an idiot, no snowflakes, no shitty memes, just pure unadulterated verbal arse-raping.

Thanked by 2raindog308 fragpic