Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSByCall: free VPS over the phone [1.5 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 100 Mbps unmetered] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSByCall: free VPS over the phone [1.5 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 100 Mbps unmetered]

Comments

• Any benchmarks?

• Domain privacy on a less than 12 months provider?

@jcaleb said:
    Any benchmarks?

I guess no one has completed the 70 hours path to free VPS...

• DylanDylan Member
    edited September 2013

The best thing about this thread is that it's already the first thing that comes up if you Google "vpsbycall"... so now any potential advertisers are going to see the "company" telling people not to actually listen to their ads.

Yup, I'm sure advertisers will just be lining up to be taken advantage of.

• we need to stay to phone 2 hours per day to get a VPS??? LOL
    This is the best terrible idea that I have seen!

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

Did you have trouble deciding on a name?

all registered on the same day:

hostingbycall.com
    mumblebycall.com
    teamspeakbycall.com
    serverbycall.com

http://www.dailychanges.com/he.net/2013-07-15/

• Why not give vps first, then we will call later

• how about phone battery ;)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Not sure if srs.

• This offer looks almost like a trolling attempt... has anyone got their VPS yet? ;)

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited September 2013

this is retarded.

5 dollars > 60 hours....

just because its a pain in the ass.

EDIT: LOLOL its 70 hrs.

• How do you get support? Do you have to call and listen to an hour of ads before they reply to your ticket?

• 4166 minutes. 2.89 days of ads non-stop.

No way. First, I really care about my brains, that amount of audio junk will harm them.

Second, since listening to ads inevitably prevents me from any creative activity, that time will be lost. With my average rate per hour it means > 1.5k $ lost to listening ads.

That's simply ridiculous. However, I don't doubt you'll find people willing to sacrifice both brains and time.

• I'm wondering, why not write a script for asterisk linked to an outbound unlimited voip provider that calls every once in a while, listens to the ads for a reasonable amount of time, then hangs up. once an use their free vps to set up the script and do this, ;-P

• zimbozimbo Member
    edited September 2013

Unusual offer,
    70 hours - toooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

• Do you really think someone is going to call for 70 hours just to get a VPS?

Doesn't make any sense to me

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Right so here we go again:
    First of all. your have private whois.
    Secondly you only registered here yesterday.
    Thirdly you posted an offer in general.
    Fourthly... omg what were you thinking.

This should be deleted, it is an offer and you have complied with none of the rules, thank you and good night.

• Just want to say NO. wtf, cheaper purchase VPS directly than pay for Skype and listening to your ads make my day worst

• Members must have 5 posts and have been registered for 7 days to be allowed to post in this forum.
    • Providers under 12 months old need to display valid Public WHOIS information on their domain.
  • I don't understand why a provider wouldn't want to display valid WHOIS information for their domain, doesn't matter if the provider is old or new.
    I mean people have the right to know who they are dealing with.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2013

This should be deleted

No, this should be covered in tar and feathers and driven around the village to entertain people.

it is an offer

It is more a WTF, than anything else. Mods please don't delete this, it's hilarious. Close if you must, but even then I see no reason to.

• @rds100 said:
    I don't understand why a provider wouldn't want to display valid WHOIS information for their domain, doesn't matter if the provider is old or new.
    I mean people have the right to know who they are dealing with.

It's unlikely that LEB/LET will ever require all providers to display valid WHOIS info since LowEndBox just featured an offer from a provider with private WHOIS info named CHICAGOVPS at the top of their home page for 4 straight days last week. :)

• ChicagoVps should just change their whois information to public then. What's there to hide? They are a registered company after all, have an office address and so on...

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2013

I tried joining up for the sake of it. but when i tried calling no answer.

And to everyone who disapproves we have something similiar here in the UK called samba mobile. which you watch ads for mobile broadband credit. and it's quite popular.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    I tried joining up for the sake of it. but when i tried calling no answer.

And to everyone who disapproves we have something similiar here in the UK called samba mobile. which you watch ads for mobile broadband credit. and it's quite popular.

It's really comparing apples and oranges isn't it mate? With Samba you only need to watch a few ads (3 minutes of your time) to get something that you can actually use. With this, you need to chuck in 3 days worth of time before you see any benefit.

• @raindog308 said:
    VPSByCall - you have not awarded a single VPS yet, have you...

Why all the jealousy? :) No we haven't, we have launched yesterday.

• @Dylan said:
    The best thing about this thread is that it's already the first thing that comes up if you Google "vpsbycall"... so now any potential advertisers are going to see the "company" telling people not to actually listen to their ads.

Read again what I wrote. I said the ads are repeating and it's totally understandable if anyone won't listen carefully for 70 hours to the same ads over and over at this point in time.

• @DomainBop said:
    Did you have trouble deciding on a name?

For future services based on the same concept. :)

• @concerto49 said:
    How do you get support? Do you have to call and listen to an hour of ads before they reply to your ticket?

Via eMail, found in the user area.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Second, since listening to ads inevitably prevents me from any creative activity, that time will be lost. With my average rate per hour it means > 1.5k $ lost to listening ads.

You're repeating what others have said already. My reply is that the manual labor required is hitting redial on your phone.