Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostRail / HostSnowy & The Proofs - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostRail / HostSnowy & The Proofs

Comments

• I doubt he did. Limestone changed the rDNS's on the IP's back about ~3 months ago, probably after realising he's not going to be able to pay.

• HostSnowy & The Proofs - good name for a shit band IMO

Thanked by 2Steve81 Roph
  • @innya said: @yomero yeah right, Garman did not refund my money for dedicated.

Damn, then I'm sorry u_u I thought he fixed all his mess :S

• i have nothing against Constantinos, many providers fail. I just called him out on a lie (refunded everyone that asked) providing my data. That said i don't like OneTwo attitude.

@OneTwo You're a member of let for just 3 days, what's your problem? Are you a competitor of constantinos? I called him a liar after i posted my data (and he well know who i am and checked that he really owe me money), but what about you? Why don't you post you paypal receipt? If you don't have the balls to show proof constantonos owe you money and you requested it, just stop it. Your contribution to the community is zero but two days of rants.

sorry guys but LEB/LET must be a great place for providers too. HostRail failed, like many other providers. For me the only problem is Constantinos making false claims about refunds here.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@marrco said: For me the only problem is Constantinos making false claims about refunds here.

My issue is that HostSnowy has been lying to us since day one.

• one two prove that constantinos owe you money cmon. post your paypal reciept. what s your problem? are you ssick

• ONE TWO is let for 3 days?? he came as soon as he have seen hostrail or hostnowy here he must a stalker of constantine what his problemmmmmmmmmm

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

He's been lying like lots of so-called providers here. I'm still waiting to see someone announce his VPS plan admitting he's just a boy, with a budget of 50USD trying to pay for his gameserver. Or telling the truth that they just have 1 single 'server' rented and zero experience in the IT business and lot's of free time. At least he did not use privacy whois and nulled scripts. I guess his business plan was faulty, he should have bough his hardware and just rent a 44U. He was able to get LOTS of customers in a short time, maybe with deeper pockets to finance his growth he could have been successful.
    Many LET users just want to hear they can get plenty of RAM, CPU and DISK for 3 bucks, with zero overselling. And when it looks too good to be true they just buy it.

so some lying is expected from providers here, maybe he just went too far. But he's not much worse than other deadpoolers. Now i'm wondering if he thinks he really learned the lesson and now will be able to set things right and run a successful business, or he's just preparing for a runner.

what do you think, why did he setup a new company?

• The refund request for @marrco has been processed, a screenshot will be posted by marrco.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

I do confirm that. A (pro rata) refund of 14.55 usd received from [email protected] (Refund Request #622542. -- HostSnowy.com) - [email protected] +357 0035722106232

now i'd appreciate to hear mature excuses from Constantinos for all his lies this week, but mostly i'm interested in knowing his real business plan. What did he learn from HostRail, what he changed and why we should trust his new business. Facts, not lies.

So Constantinos, instead of telling what you did, why don't you try to convince us that you learned the lesson and you finally have a great business plan? Care to explain why your offer is better than anything we can buy here, and why we should trust you, considering your recent past?

Thanked by 1LES
  • @marrco I will go ahead and reply to you about my business plan.

I've certainly learnt a lot from my experience with HostRail and here are a few things that i learnt:

• Backup the database of HyperVM and WHMCS DAILY MANUALLY - don't depend on automatic backups as they could fail.
    • No $1.05/month offers as that doesn't even cover the costs.
    • Don't provide Support for anything lower than $20-$30/month.
    • Limit the expansion.
    • Keep customers up-to-date with outages even if the outage is 1min duration
    • Monitor server load averages
    • Monitor incoming and outgoing bandwidth
    • Never buy a ready-made company

What i changed in HostSnowy?

• Manual backups of SolusVM Database and WHMCS Database daily.
    • Unmanaged Service, for Full Management i charge an extra $29.99/m
    • Introduce Stocks to limit expansion (i've had to remove the stock from displaying however the stock is still limited within SolusVM as well as the Servers configs in WHMCS).
    • Panopta now posts to Twitter and Facebook as soon as an Outage is confirmed so customers always have the latest information.
    • Panopta now monitors the server load averages and if it detects a load average of above 10 for 5 continuous minutes it escalates the issue and informs me, Stan and our tech - it posts to our Twitter and Facebook also.
    • We now have Live Bandwidth reporting and can detect anomalies within seconds if not milliseconds and get them resolved.
    • I've built (with Stan) a completely new company from scratch and i configured the servers the way i want them configured.
    • Unlike last time i now have a Business Consultant.

I think that's all, hopefully i haven't forgotten anything.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • Also:

• Never outsource support, its better if i provide limited support rather than outsource support to be able to provide 24x7 support.

With HostSnowy we provide support from 5am GMT until 9pm GMT with some breaks in between. Outside of those hours i may check and reply to tickets however its unofficial. If downtime is reported outside those hours i get informed via Email/SMS/Voice Call and i will take action immediately, even if i am sleeping.

• You've gone from denying involvement to basically admitting you're part of the operation. "We" etc.

I would not go anywhere near any company that had anything to do with you. Your actions with HostFail, the way you handled the death of HostFail, and the way you've acted on LET say to me that you are just not trustable.

You are a cancer of the LEB/hosting market, and though I'm sure you'll ignore it, my advice would be for you to look for another profession.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • OneTwoOneTwo Member
    edited February 2012

@marrco I don't want anything, just the truth to be told. I'm not going to post my personal information in a forum that I don't know anybody. There's no need for it. Hosting companys IS SERIOUS BUISNESS, there are not only 13 years old gettings servers to play with.

Stan Catswon said he didn't know about Constantine and then the company is owned by both of them. He obviously can't say the truth anymore, he's messed up. He's strangling remembering all the lies he said.

This is more serious than you might think, servers and companys are not a game to be plaied by everyone.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

@Roph what's the point of your rant?

Why don't act as an adult and behave instead of calling other ppl a cancer? Does Constantinos owe you some money? Can you show the receipt or it didn't happen.

I'm getting bored with all the children here enjoying to crucifix a fallen provider. He said he did mistakes, he had/kept/put enough money on his paypal account to cover all reversals and he said he's going to refund (already did at least with me) whoever 'lost' his money with HostRail unfortunate business. That's much more most deadpool providers do.

If you feel the urge to let everybody know that you will never buy a vps from him, because he failed in the past and tried to cover his mistakes with lies, i'm sure you can do in an educated way.

Yes, he told lots of lies, but just ask any OVZ provider if he's overselling, and you're usally considered to stopid to receive the honest answer (overselling must be managed, but it's a good thing) and just get a false promise of no overselling.

/me wish LET becomes a great place for users and providers, with adult people able to discuss honest and without insulting each other

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

@OneTwo said: @marrco I don't want anything, just the truth to be told. ITS SERIOUS BUISNESS, there are not only 13 years old gettings servers to play with.

LOL. You can call LEB an interesting (expanding, dynamic, whatever) market, but definitely not a serious business, at least for 99% of the users here.
    I'd bet that the large part of the traffic of most providers is not legal (warez, ddos, spam etc) and i doubt many of Constantinos users giving 1.05 for his most popular package are doing "serious business" with that VPS.

This is more serious than you might think, servers and
    companys are not a game to be plaied by everyone.

Shhh, i tell you a secret, many of 'providers' that post here and on LEB are nothing but kids with a single, rented server and no company nor any professional experience in network management.

Now tell about you. Did you loose much money with HostRail ? Didn't you get a refund? What's your interest in this story? Are you a member of some special religion that all you want is "the truth to be told" ?

But first of all, what's the serious business YOU are running from a leb ?

• @marrco

I would like to see your evidence for that statement. Tons of serious companys operate from here, in fact the ones that are built on lies and ran by "Kids" are usually dug out within a matter of days, like this one.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • @marrco, To answer your questions:

I didn't loose much money from HostRail.
    I don't wanna a refund, I don't really care.
    I asked for one but didn't got it.

I don't care of how most of the guys here think the vps "business" is serious or not but in the real, adult world it is.

I'm of course not running any serious business from a LEB. I'm using dedicated servers and some high-end vps to host important sites and backups.

OK, I lost enough time and sleep for this. I proved what I would like to prove - that HostSnowy is a company by the same guy as HostRail and he's a big lier -, and I'm not going to continue. I have more important things to do and I don't understand why I gave it so much time.

This is probably my last post here, not going to argue more with anybody.

Thanked by 1Steve81
    edited February 2012

@marrco I have to agree with @VMPort. The few active companies on here are serious companies. Even with BuyVM's antics and their off-the-wall IRC channel, they are still 100% serious about what they do if you ever open a ticket with them (yes, even @Aldryic).

While there are A LOT of the hosts you describe out there, most of them are not active on here and only come to advertise once a month.

As for the non-legal traffic. I would have to say maybe 2% of our traffic is for illegal usage based on the reports we've received from upstream providers. A good portion of our traffic is for business usage (backups and monitoring making up most of that but we even have company websites).

IMO, the quality of the users is based on the quality of the company. If a company is willing to sell their soul for $1.05/month then I'm willing to bet they don't enforce their TOS or monitor for abuse.

Thanked by 1Mopsy
  • @VMPort being part of BKVG, running your AS and owning your hardware colocated in a few different DC i think you're an exception in the LEB market. I wish there are more legit company with owned hardware and networking background offering LEBs.

I might be wrong, but from the one i contacted and from being a long time member here, i'd say that MANY was an educated guess. And they often end in deadpool or 'sell the company' in a year or less.

but since you're probably more expert than me, of the new 'provider' listed in the last 12 months, how many are "serious companies" and how many just kids with a rented server? Not many?

by the way, do you OVERSELL on you openvz products?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2012

@marrco

Hey im not saying they aren't out there, because they are otherwise we wouldn't have a dedicated "Deadpool" post every month, im just saying the ones active around here are usually serious companys, not many scams can be bothered to participate other than advertising.

And as for the overselling comment, yes we do oversell our OVZ platforms and we dont lie about it, we just know when to stop and as i have mentioned before i have a box on each of our nodes which i use for general purposes so in realistic terms i am a client of my own company and if something is not performing as it should im going to complain to myself about it :P

I dont give myself account credit though, that would be borderline crazy :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@marrco he bought you with refund? :)
    And why would anyone show paypal receipt here? It's not like hostrail would really refund anyone before. Atleast not from LEB. For me is hostrail story finished, I don't care for those few bucks gone long time ago however I really don't appreciate previously dissapeared Constantinos return just to tell us how he run decent business now (after people caught him on lies!) and how he previously refunded everyone as another obvious lie. All what he said in last few days was lies, lies and again lies. Just like in old times. With or without your sudden refund it's nothing to defend here.
    Some buck returned to make better impression just to pull more bucks from naive people back don't make him better person. If people wouldn't caught his operation under other name and posted their findings on those pages you wouldn't see any your money from him. If you're glad because refund then say thanks to people which caught him operating under other name not to him.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

@KuJoe said: As for the non-legal traffic. I would have to say maybe 2% of our traffic is for illegal usage based on the reports we've received from upstream providers. A good portion of our traffic is for business usage (backups and monitoring making up most of that but we even have company websites).

You just surprised me. I was wrong on this. My guess was 80 shady and just 20% legal. Thx for the info

• @OneTwo: You sound as web hosting provider and that becomes a war here between web hosting companies. And that is obvious you do not want to have such competitor.
    Why don't let us (potential clients) decide?
    There was a company Hostrail and now that is another company. I do believe that Constantinos could not be mentored as well as Hostrail.com while announcing new company of HostSnowy.com. Right? Agree with me?
    I have read all posts and comments here and I have a feeling that Constantinos is the man of the word. He did paid all refunds and he is paying them now.
    Any other company and I believe you as well (who call himself serious company) will disappear next day with no refund paid.
    You use nice words and phrases here. And you try to turn potential clients off. But you are very obvious and I see negative in all of your posts.
    Yes that is not a game.
    That just really rare to find honest provider even the one which have troubles and talking about them.
    No one forced to pay in advance for 1 year. Pay for $1-2 per month and then decide to stay or to move.
    And I will stay for long time with them that will be a prof how good or bad they are.
    Right?

PS - Why should I pay more for the services when I have option.
    If I try and If that will be a mistake. That will be my mistake.

You'd better stop your war here. Let clients decide which company to sign up with.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2012

@Spirit said: @marrco he bought you with refund? :)

definitely, he even offered me a commission of every sale he does this week, and considering he said he already had to restock 3 times now i'm a rich guy.

maybe he even offered something to Rondano, that just joined to defend him. This thread brought LET a few new member. War of the fakes here?

• @Ronaldo to clear things up I don't run or am affiliated with any hosting provider and I'm not trying to turn people against him. You can decide by yourself.

That's all I had to say.

• So @Rondano signed up here 20 minutes ago.......
    Seriously guys, how dumb do you think we are?

@marrco said: I was wrong on this

You weren't necessarily wrong. I'm just one data point. Other hosts out there may tell a different story and we might be an exception to the rule.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

Damn... @Rondano another new account just to defend Hostrail/HostSnowy. How many of them now already exist? @cypriothacker198, @timokarunen, @luther12345678 (?), @Rondano... Constantinos stop opening new and new accounts just to get approvement from own clones! This becoming annoying.

I'll just be happy when the new moderators get here to help clean up. :)