Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

No one is sane here on LET.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @needavps said:

Moral of this thread is pick kvm/xen if you want ubuntu 16.04.

I'd like to add "and don't try to be smart and push your provider by publicly painting him as bad if you fuck up".

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:

@WebProject said:

@jarland said:

@WebProject said:
    I never heard that update of OS is causing crash of whole VM what BS excuse is used here or company is using unstable / beta / gamma what ever version software to run the virtualisation.

Often the result of not having much experience.

Do you know I don’t believe in BS? as I personally used not just SolusVM, but other virtualisation (Citrix XenServer, Open XenServer, etc) and never come across with such bullshit excuse like update/upgrade of OS is causing crash, unless you are trying to upgrade from CentOS 3 to 7 (it’s pain in the neck).

The Ubuntu upgrade is very easy and never failed in my experience, especially from Ubuntu 16 to 17..

How many VMs and separate environments have you tested that on though? An environment is not necessarily broken or poorly made if an unknown variable in the future might fail, that couldn't have been predicted but anyone but the OS maintainer.

Take, for example, when systemd started creeping in. Was it the fault of the virtuozzo devs that systemd didn't work with VZ from day one or the fault of the OS maintainer for not thinking about the VZ user? It was neither or both, but definitely not one. OS devs can't prep for every possible environment, and environment devs can't prep for every possible OS change in the future.

Yes, you are right about OpenVZ as it’s never was our virtualisation and we never offer it!

Unfortunately, we do low amount of users per node as I personally can’t stand overloaded nodes as it’s causing too much pain in ass and negativity like service not up to standards!

bsdguy said: Don't be so hard on him! He's just a guy with a couple of ovh dedis and xen on them. And, of course, with awful lots of experience with ovz. Really lots of it. And we're talking the big kind of lots here. As you have seen.

it's your personal opinion only! At least we don't penalise the customers and we do answer tickets without such drama!

At the end of the day, I personally believe that 36 hours unanswered ticket it’s like penalisation of customers!

• @WebProject said:

@jarland said:

@WebProject said:

@jarland said:

@WebProject said:
    I never heard that update of OS is causing crash of whole VM what BS excuse is used here or company is using unstable / beta / gamma what ever version software to run the virtualisation.

Often the result of not having much experience.

Do you know I don’t believe in BS? as I personally used not just SolusVM, but other virtualisation (Citrix XenServer, Open XenServer, etc) and never come across with such bullshit excuse like update/upgrade of OS is causing crash, unless you are trying to upgrade from CentOS 3 to 7 (it’s pain in the neck).

The Ubuntu upgrade is very easy and never failed in my experience, especially from Ubuntu 16 to 17..

How many VMs and separate environments have you tested that on though? An environment is not necessarily broken or poorly made if an unknown variable in the future might fail, that couldn't have been predicted but anyone but the OS maintainer.

Take, for example, when systemd started creeping in. Was it the fault of the virtuozzo devs that systemd didn't work with VZ from day one or the fault of the OS maintainer for not thinking about the VZ user? It was neither or both, but definitely not one. OS devs can't prep for every possible environment, and environment devs can't prep for every possible OS change in the future.

Yes, you are right about OpenVZ as it’s never was our virtualisation and we never offer it!

Unfortunately, we do low amount of users per node as I personally can’t stand overloaded nodes as it’s causing too much pain in ass and negativity like service not up to standards!

bsdguy said: Don't be so hard on him! He's just a guy with a couple of ovh dedis and xen on them. And, of course, with awful lots of experience with ovz. Really lots of it. And we're talking the big kind of lots here. As you have seen.

it's your personal opinion only! At least we don't penalise the customers and we do answer tickets without such drama!

At the end of the day, I personally believe that 36 hours unanswered ticket it’s like penalisation of customers!

If the review is about 36 hour unanswered ticket than it would be a very poor review if the customer has very clear notice not to update to ubuntu 16.04. Was there a 16.04 template? If there is no 16.04 @cociu should outright ban @ZiriusPH and save alot of time because it has ALWAYS been a bad idea to update a vps to a major release for years. No one really recommends but some do it anyway cause they don't have mission critical stuff.

Some do it just to mess with hosts as well.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:
    If the review is about 36 hour unanswered ticket than it would be a very poor review if the customer has very clear notice not to update to ubuntu 16.04. Was there a 16.04 template? If there is no 16.04 @cociu should outright ban @ZiriusPH and save alot of time because it has ALWAYS been a bad idea to update a vps to a major release for years. No one really recommends but some do it anyway cause they don't have mission critical stuff.

No. there's no 16.04 template on his system. I don't think he even has a current CentOS or other tools, to be honest. People have asked him to add them and he always has a fit about it, so people have learned to either do their own updates, or to live with whatever-the-hell-is-available.

Also, banning someone who wanted to update their system and fucked up is a bit harsh. Putting them to the back of the queue as punishment is not really how I'd handle it, but it seems to be on the road to being resolved.

@deank said:

Who is either that bored, lonely, or that much of a dickhead to do something they were specifically told not to do- just to see what it does?

Myself excluded.

• @WSS said:

@needavps said:

No. there's no 16.04 template on his system. I don't think he even has a current CentOS or other tools, to be honest. People have asked him to add them and he always has a fit about it, so people have learned to either do their own updates, or to live with whatever-the-hell-is-available.

Also, banning someone who wanted to update their system and fucked up is a bit harsh. Putting them to the back of the queue as punishment is not really how I'd handle it, but it seems to be on the road to being resolved.

@deank said:

Who is either that bored, lonely, or that much of a dickhead to do something they were specifically told not to do- just to see what it does?

Myself excluded.

... this is openvz isn't it? Was there not a list for os when ordering this plan? Honestly I never bought a vps that didn't have the template I want but unless there was a clear promise? of supporting an updated template than really; this isn't the host fault.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:
    ... this is openvz isn't it? Was there not a list for os when ordering this plan? Honestly I never bought a vps that didn't have the template I want but unless there was a clear promise? of supporting an updated template than really; this isn't the host fault.

Yes, but HS does not have anything that even mimmicks current templates. Everything is old.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • @WSS said:

@needavps said:

Yes, but HS does not have anything that even mimmicks current templates. Everything is old.

So you agree it is the OP fault for being stupid buying a plan that didn't have any current templates? Lemme tell you; Endurance international which bought several vps providers still only provide 2-3 os templates that are all not up to date but since noone buys their overpriced plans than it's not really an issue in the industry.

• WSSWSS Member

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

So you agree it is the OP fault for being stupid buying a plan that didn't have any current templates?

I still think you're being needfully harsh. All @cociu has said has been on LET, afaik- I'm not sure if he has it in his email to stop asking for new templates, but he's made it abundantly clear here.

Everyone's allowed a mistake or two. Yesterday I was setting up a /29 for a buddy, and I accidentally bound the primary NIC to br0 without being over the KVM (wrong window/tired/whatever), so it dropped for a couple seconds while I reset the network interface and bound br0. Sure, 30 seconds later it was fixed, but it was still a "You dumb fuck" moment.

• @WSS said:

@needavps said:

@WSS said:

@needavps said:

So you agree it is the OP fault for being stupid buying a plan that didn't have any current templates?

I still think you're being needfully harsh. All @cociu has said has been on LET, afaik- I'm not sure if he has it in his email to stop asking for new templates, but he's made it abundantly clear here.

Everyone's allowed a mistake or two. Yesterday I was setting up a /29 for a buddy, and I accidentally bound the primary NIC to br0 without being over the KVM (wrong window/tired/whatever), so it dropped for a couple seconds while I reset the network interface and bound br0. Sure, 30 seconds later it was fixed, but it was still a "You dumb fuck" moment.

OMG. You are overly harsh to everyone. You ok. I hope you are well overall.

@Jack said:
    Ubuntu 16.04 and later works fine on OpenVZ as long as you don’t run an extremely old kernel. They fixed it in like 112.

That's the thing. Not all providers update their kernels regularly. It's really for the customer to decide to renew the server in light of how their current service is and whether or not to decide if the providers inability to update templates/etc to choose someone else.

• @cociu - isn't it much simpler too eliminate the cause by adding Ubuntu 16.04 to the list of templates?

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

some of you is gnore some details here :

1) when i tell NO FUTURE UPDATE IN THE TEMPLATE LIST i meen never ...so i will not make it.

2) is not about kernel here like @Jack is think , in the node what the op had his vps we have installed proxmox 4.4 .

3) WE HAVE MODIFIED SOMETHING IN KERNEL TO AVOID WINDOWS IN A OPENVZ CONTAINER ...

So is difficult to undersntand all this ? I offer ubuntu 16 centos 7 , debian 9 , but not in this package what the op was buy. For exemple we offer all this in ssd plans , etc etc. Eaven i have offered in some storage offers here in LET. But in this particulary plan i do not offered and will not be never offered. Is my wish , my rule, i have been verry clear , what is difficult to understand ? You need ubuntu 16 ? choose another package , pay more , etc etc.

• WSSWSS Member

@cociu said:
    3) WE HAVE MODIFIED SOMETHING IN KERNEL TO AVOID WINDOWS IN A OPENVZ CONTAINER ...

You broke qemu without kvm support, then? I suppose that's something.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Unfortunately, we do low amount of users per node as I personally can’t stand overloaded nodes as it’s causing too much pain in ass and negativity like service not up to standards

It's comments like that, @WebProject, that make me suspect many of your posts attempt to build yourself up by tearing other providers down. It's an old dating tactic that never worked very well, diss the guy next to you to make yourself look good.

You're totally free to do so, but if you were wondering why I often take little, lighthearted jabs...

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

WSS said: You broke qemu without kvm support, then? I suppose that's something.

i have spend many days in find a solution against @cassa or what was the user from here was invented this shit with the windows ...

do not get me worong , nothing against him , all my respect because is a smart guy and was invented something good for some of you , but from my part like a provider ....

• WSSWSS Member

@cociu said:
    i have spend many days in find a solution against [person] or what was the user from here was invented this shit with the windows ...

do not get me worong , nothing against him , all my respect because is a smart guy and was invented something good from some of you , but from my part like a provider ....

See, I have a problem with this post. You're calling out a client publicly, and that makes me question how trustworthy you are. Whoever tries to run Windows under QEMU via OpenVZ is a shithead, but to come out and call them for it makes me wonder if I had service and spiked the CPU a few times while playing with my interest-of-the-week, would I be called out for doing so?

That he did you wrong is a good reason for termination, but not for public humiliation- unless he did something so bad that it hurt you, and that should go on FraudRecord/@Harzem.

• LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: See, I have a problem with this post. You're calling out a client publicly

Is he? Or is it a reference to cassa who was making the templates that people were then trying to use it on his service?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSS said: WSS Member

not was the case , but is the principial reason for what i do not offer new templates in some of the nodes. I have verry well comparted my network , eaven the ips , the ISP , the As number , all is specially dedicated to LET offers. So in most of this offers i know what i offer and from where the customer is came , except the direct orders from our websites.

• Lee said: Or is it a reference to cassa who was making the templates that people were then trying to use it on his service?

yes i reffer tho this template , here is not work and will never work :)

Thanked by 1Lee

Both (OP and Coicu) are being dicks in my view.

OP's fault is that he tried to install something that was on no-no list.
    Coicu is being Coicu, I guess.

When dicks collide, kittens die.

• WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

WSS said: See, I have a problem with this post. You're calling out a client publicly

Is he? Or is it a reference to cassa who was making the templates that people were then trying to use it on his service?

If it wasn't, than it's still shitty, because cassa was making a custom image for his own use, and decided to share it. Of course, if it was Windows XP/7/etc that isn't legally allowed to be put on a VPS, I retract my statement, because it's willingly breaking laws.

@cociu said:
    not was the case , but is the principial reason for what i do not offer new templates in some of the nodes. I have verry well comparted my network , eaven the ips , the ISP , the As number , all is specially dedicated to LET offers. So in most of this offers i know what i offer and from where the customer is came , except the direct orders from our websites.

Well, then that person is a shithead, and you're right to terminate them for possibly bringing issues to your product.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

WSS said: Well, then that person is a shithead, and you're right to terminate them for possibly bringing issues to your product.

i repeat the op is not in this case , but something simillar , because i have tell to not update and still try it. And the problem of all this persons is : is hard to understand the tiketing is cost money and time and most of them is telling , fuck i will tray if not work i will left a tiket or eaven open a thread in LET.

Well, OP's avatar sums him up really.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: I'm still baffled why people will choose any of of @cociu's OpenVZ plans.

@cociu's main selling points is that he includes 1TB of space in the price most people are doing just a regular VPS.

It's a wild price that if anything doesn't work like he wants, he's digging into his personal bank to fix it.

Francisco

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2018

Francisco said: @cociu's main selling points is that he includes 1TB of space in the price most people are doing just a regular VPS.

you will be surprised about storage plans , some of them running a webhosting company , another have large data base , all this was adverted like storage plans ... and still continue amny of them to use it like a TOP service.

Any way i will go more deep verry soon in storage plans ... so stay close to be surprised.

• @deank said:
    Both (OP and Coicu) are being dicks in my view.

OP's fault is that he tried to install something that was on no-no list.
    Coicu is being Coicu, I guess.

When dicks collide, kittens die.

OPs sister has a kitten in there? I'm shocked. Can I meet her?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

cociu said: is out of my range to insult you really. So if you feel this "sir" i personally ask apologise "sir"

EDITED: you dont understand my english "sir" but you deducted i am insulted you "sir" so finnaly you understand my english or not ?

You ridiculous little butterfly, you don't even know what you don't understand, I was referring to you swearing and insulting your clients.

Oh, why do I bother, it is like shouting at a foreigner in your own country as if that makes it more likely to be understood

I'm out.

Sorry if anyone feels I was irate, I am not sure what I wrote to give that impression it was not the intent ... See you in the next HS did XYZ (or rather, did not do XYZ) in a few days.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmith said: insulting your clients.

where i have insulted my clients ? This is cheap publicity and i hope you know it. I nevere insulted the OP .

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2615176/#Comment_2615176

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2615191/#Comment_2615191

Anyway, this started with me asking a fairly obvious and simple question, you escalated it for no good reason and blew up.

If the general consensus is that I am the idiot here and have missed the whole situation I will send you a handwritten apology card and a pocket lamp

This discussion has been closed.