Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostSolutions.ro] problem and resolution

Comments

• lurch said: Tbf some people can't reinstall wether they'd previously tried to upgrade or not.

I like a rule , if you broke it is your risk , if you broke your vps durring the upgrade will never came back until a teck guy will make the job fisically.

• AnthonySmith said: Wtf, someone ask why clicking reinstall in solusvm leaves a vps offline for 36 hours in Spanish or romainian please because English is obviously a waste of time.

i wast the time now with you. do you offer a horse for a penny ? i am sure not.

To be more clear , i have this offers in ssd wich is more espensive and yes i offer the latest iso there but is more expensive, also i have this offers (the chepest what i offer in LET) where we offer maximum ubuntu 14.04 , centos 6 , debian 8. Is difficult for you to understand way ?

Pay for your need , this is my explication.

Have a great day , be more good , spend more time with your friends.

Do you need a spanis translate ?

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Wtf, someone ask why clicking reinstall in solusvm leaves a vps offline for 36 hours in Spanish or romainian please because English is obviously a waste of time.

Because that isn't precisely what happened- and you know very well that SolusVM shits itself when it's in optimal conditions. OP already admitted to doing an upgrade on OpenVZ with a currently-iincompatible update.

Long story short: OpenVZ considered harmful, and it should be banned.

• cociu said: today will be fixed , or if ubuntu 16 is a must you can ask a refound i hope i am clear now.

Thanks mate, looking forward to it :)

• WSS said: Because that isn't precisely what happened- and you know very well that SolusVM shits itself when it's in optimal conditions. OP already admitted to doing an upgrade on OpenVZ with a currently-iincompatible update.

is the first time when i see you like a man , not a sister ! Thanks for your explication

Thanked by 2doughmanes quick
  • @cociu People should really know that buying a vps with you is a major risk. So many exploits that can be done on those EOL kernels and templates. I'm predicting more major downtime because of that. I hope for you I'm wrong.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • SwordfishBE said: @cociu People should really know that buying a vps with you is a major risk. So many exploits that can be done on those EOL kernels

are you sure ? we have patched all the doors.

• @cociu said:

lurch said: Tbf some people can't reinstall wether they'd previously tried to upgrade or not.

I like a rule , if you broke it is your risk , if you broke your vps durring the upgrade will never came back until a teck guy will make the job fisically.

No upgrading was done before and still couldn't reinstall and you are aware of the issue.

• Have a great day people , we are full of work and unfortunatly dont have time to stay here and work in the same time.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: Because that isn't precisely what happened- and you know very well that SolusVM shits itself when it's in optimal conditions.

So he did not really reinstall and did not really wait 36 hours for a response?

Sorry I really do seem to need an interpreter here.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I tried to do a reinstall from the initial original one and it failed and took a week to get a response.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: Because that isn't precisely what happened- and you know very well that SolusVM shits itself when it's in optimal conditions.

So he did not really reinstall and did not really wait 36 hours for a response?

Sorry I really do seem to need an interpreter here.

Which part of "If user does shit that has been explained to not not work about 1000 times and then opens a ticket, that user will be last in support line" do you fail to understand?

And why is it that OP seems to be OK with @cociu's explanation but you, who does not even have a VPS there, are not? Other than a desire to create smelling trouble, that is.

@ZiriusPH

From how I know @cociu I guess that the mixture of you staying polite and fair and him being a nice guy will lead to a satisfactory solution (like some HS support guy getting you running again as soon as they find a free minute).

• There is a known issue where reinstall fails whether you have previously done shit or not.

• I've seen bad command line upgrades that require a terminate/create in WHMCS. I can't recall the reason of the breaking other than writing it off as Ubunturd related.

• @cociu said:

WSS said: Because that isn't precisely what happened- and you know very well that SolusVM shits itself when it's in optimal conditions. OP already admitted to doing an upgrade on OpenVZ with a currently-iincompatible update.

is the first time when i see you like a man , not a sister ! Thanks for your explication

Trying to decide whether that's a curse or a compliment ...

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2018

@SwordfishBE said:
    @cociu People should really know that buying a vps with you is a major risk. So many exploits that can be done on those EOL kernels and templates. I'm predicting more major downtime because of that. I hope for you I'm wrong.

Well, Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6, and Debian 8 are all still supported.

Thanked by 2doughmanes vimalware
  • SwordfishBE said: People should really know that buying a vps with you is a major risk. So many exploits that can be done on those EOL kernels and templates. I'm predicting more major downtime because of that. I hope for you I'm wrong.

Centos 6, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14 are not EOL! Even Ubuntu 12.04 will be updated as of security maintenance till 2019, for Canonical registered users. There are plenty of distros that can be used in this super-cheap vps.

• angstrom said: Well, Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6, and Debian 8 are all still supported.

jvnadr said: Centos 6, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14 are not EOL! Even Ubuntu 12.04 will be updated as of security maintenance till 2019, for Canonical registered users. There are plenty of distros that can be used in this super-cheap vps.

Ok they are still supported for security/maintenance updates, but still running on an antique kernel. Everyone can buy whatever they want, however I'm staying away from hosts that are taking shortcuts to make more money.

• I am with @AnthonySmith here and wonder why he gets so angry replies. he clearly seperated doing whatever upgrade stuff that won't work from a simple reinstall (to whatever available template) within solus.

while I assume he doesn't have a problem with any specific OS not being upgradable to, he simply asked, why a reinstall via solus left the customer with a broken VM (if that is what happened).

so either the customer didn't really do a reinstall or the whole solusVM setup from @cociu is somehow messed with, but that shouldn't be a problem on the customers end because there simply is nothing he can do about.

the reinstall option should always work no matter what the customer did before - to ensure any customer can start from scratch on an unmanaged service after messing things up...

in any case no reason to shout at @AnthonySmith for asking what case we're talking here.

maybe if it really is a problem with solus like @lurch also pointed to, @AnthonySmith would be the one to get help or valuable input from on what could be the reason or how to work around...

bsdguy said: Which part of "If user does shit that has been explained to not not work about 1000 times and then opens a ticket, that user will be last in support line" do you fail to understand?

I understand that PERFECTLY, that is NOT the OP though is it!

Which part of "reinstall" and 36 hours without a response from support do you not understand?

ZiriusPH said: I only reinstalled OS

ZiriusPH said: I have 36 hr old ticket without response about my server which is also down for 36hrs now

• Why are you taking the OP's side about response time when his support tickets aren't even screenshot to show the issue? It could be no response after 36 hours (with the OP bumping the ticket every 2 hours)

• Somebody could take Anthony's replies with my observation and come to the conclusion that its an axe to grind with cociu.

• @doughmanes said:
    Why are you taking the OP's side about response time when his support tickets aren't even screenshot to show the issue? It could be no response after 36 hours (with the OP bumping the ticket every 2 hours)

Well, I think that @cociu would have leaped at the opportunity to point out that the OP kept bumping his ticket if it had been the case.

Instead, it seems that the OP's ticket was low priority because he should have read the warning "Don't try to upgrade your Ubuntu!".

• I'm still baffled why people will choose any of of @cociu's OpenVZ plans. I mean for the price he is charging on his site, they are uberly expensive for OpenVZ plans. I could get a slice from @Francisco for a little bit of @cociu's price. Heck, even Ramnode OpenVZ plans are cheaper and seem to have more stability from what I hear around here.

Am I truly missing something for why people choose @cociu's plans? Does he have some dirt cheap deals not shown on his site? That would be the only reason why people are choosing him, perhaps is all promo deals that these people are buying.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE

Sorry guys, I just asked a fairly obvious question, perhaps I am struggling to get other peoples perspective because I actually understand the difference between a reinstall and an upgrade not just the meaning, the actual difference in the backend processes, as it's my daily grind and I cant personally fathom why any host would have someone waiting 36 hours for such a ridiculously simple ticket.

The host added nothing relevant to the key issues, he just clarified that you cant upgrade ubuntu 16

Steps in my head just so everyone is clear.

1. Upgaded ubuntu 16

2. OS broke

3. Logged in to solusvm

4. Clicked reinstall

5. VPS remained offline (I know that this is not normal and I know that this is in no way linked to borking a container os).

6. Opened a ticket (which is fair), waited 36 hours

7. OP Is not sure why his container remained offline

8. Op is not sure why he waited for 36 hours for a reply.

Host comes along and says he has told people a billion times not to upgrade ubuntu 16, that takes us up to step 2 above and no further.

That is my confusion, it is genuine, I obviously did not use the right words when asking for clarification it seems as we are still not past step 2.

It's great that the OP is happy, what I am trying to get to is, is the OP bullshitting about 'reinstalling' or something else.

I guess it does not matter either way, shit happens no one died.

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I guess it does not matter either way, shit happens no one died.

..and enlightenment was attained!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith

I guess what happened is something like this: OP tried to upgrade and found his vps fucked up. Then opened a ticket to ask (he says he didn't know then that his upgrading would fuck things up). HS support reading something about his attempt to upgrade switched into "if you ignore plenty warnings, we put you at the end of the support line" mode (and hence didn't even know the stories next part of OP trying to reinstall).

I think there was no evil will on any side. It might, however, have been smarter from OP to send cociu a PM but again, he was at least polite and fair.

Yep, that is essentially what I was trying to get to the bottom of as that is a pretty different story to the one told.

• LeeLee Veteran

I just cringe every time I see hostsolutions mentioned. It's true though, offer it cheap enough and any stapled together service will attract people and they will make do.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • Again...there is an issue with reinstalls whether you have attempted an upgrade or not. There was also apparently an issue with their support system where tickets went missing "not sure of resolved or not.

Thanked by 2doughmanes kkrajk
This discussion has been closed.