Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from EaseVPS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from EaseVPS

124»

Comments

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

@Jacob said: Likewise Eliot, Damian, Taylor, Etc also use me.

Do you not have a privacy policy?

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Boltersdriveer said: privacy policy?

I have recommended them on this forum so I have no problem with this.

edited May 2012

Just looked through their site and they don't seem to have one. Just a suggestion for them, though :) . People may not like it if they're just called out for using services from them.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Boltersdriveer said: Do you not have a privacy policy?

That doesn't mean they shouldn't adhere to UK laws. Good spot.

Although I'm not particularly bothered that people know I have a VPS from EaseVPS, It's a bit worrying that information not in the public domain was disclosed so freely, without my permission.
    I'm not a lawyer by any means, but surely disclosing identifiable information regarding clientèle is breaking the UK's Data Protection Act.

• @elliotj : IF you can be traced from the leaked info (here: nick), then yes. In your case, I think there's a decent chance it could be linked to a full name/address?

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@quirkyquark said: @elliotj : IF you can be traced from the leaked info (here: nick), then yes. In your case, I think there's a decent chance it could be linked to a full name/address?

Meh. We're just creating a storm in a teacup, to be honest. No harm done :P

@quirkyquark: It's highly possible. Even if you have a garbage nickname, e.g. @mitgib (sorry, just an example :P ), but you use it on other sites and eventually you can be traced to your name, then yes.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Boltersdriveer said: Even if you have a garbage nickname, e.g. @mitgib

What's next, hating on my Zombie?

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited May 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: Even if you have a garbage nickname, e.g. @mitgib (sorry, just an example :P ), but you use it on other sites and eventually you can be traced to your name, then yes.

Just check the whois info on the domain in his signature. Full name, address, phone number, etc

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

This post actually has got me a few sales, Strangely enough.

@FRCorey said: Was 8 dollars really worth 102+ posts discussing various aspects of your service in a non flattering way?

Good Point, All the legal stuff does need to be re-written or Checked over by a person more familar with the Legal workings.(Most of it is pretty solid, Just need to get the privacy policy up).

@Boltersdriveer said: Just looked through their site and they don't seem to have one. Just a suggestion for them, though :) . People may not like it if they're just called out for using services from them.

And to who ever stated that we do not have any refund Policy, It is stated clearly in AUP.

Refund and Returned Order Policy

All Product and service activations are Instantly provisioned and welcome email is sent, You have four days from the day you order to request a Full refund. We reserve the right to deny a refund request to a client who has(but not limited to), Failed to abide and accept our Legal Documents, Rude and disruptive too members of staff, Abusing Server resources, Late on Invoices & General Misuse of Service. This is to be determined by EaseVPS.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Your still wrong in this case.

• gsxgsx Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob You may have received sales within the past 24 hours but I really don't see how this thread specifically gained you sales.

• You have shown that you are willing to change data centers and specs with only a 24 hour notification. When a customer is unhappy with that you bring up your refund policy.
    • You don't have a privacy policy so who knows what you are doing with a customers information. You could be selling it to a spam list for all we know.
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

The customer after 20 Days of service requested a refund, with atleast a week gap in between being moved to kansas and the refund request.

@CVPS_Chris said: Your still wrong in this case.

1. We sent notifications out 1 Week prior to the move, As shown above, The reason is also stated above, We are in much, much better financial situation and have our own hardware in the UK.
    2. That's really low, Judging a service, and or individuals related to the company on that level, Please do not comment, As I am pretty sure you are not a customer and have no prior experience of our services.

@ElliotJ, @Taylor, @DotVPS No private Information was supposed to be leaked, But I was calling you by your forum names, Which are clearly public so whoever made that accusation, The claim wouldn't have a leg to stand on infront of a Judge probably considering the information is available on a public forum and linking, or mentioning a member is not in anyway against the law.

@gsx said: You may have received sales within the past 24 hours but I really don't see how this thread specifically gained you sales.

You have shown that you are willing to change data centers and specs with only a 24 hour notification. When a customer is unhappy with that you bring up your refund policy.
    You don't have a privacy policy so who knows what you are doing with a customers information. You could be selling it to a spam list for all we know. 

/Thread

• JacobJacob Member

I know, But I did mention you.

@DotVPS said: @Jacob I didn't moan about you saying I was a client?

This discussion has been closed.