Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from EaseVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from EaseVPS

ktmudktmud Member
edited February 2012 in Providers

I never had such an unhappy experience with a LEB provider before.

I bought one VPS from them about one month ago. During the first couple of weeks, everything went well, except for a hardware time incorrect problem (I found out this problem the first minute I got the box, and opened a ticket for inquiry. They assured that there was no problem on their side, twice. Then after four days, I got an email said that they have updated the system time.).

But only two weeks after my purchase, they encountered an "OpenVZ Virtualization Bug". My VPS went down for 13 hours, longest I have ever experienced. They did provide a $8 SLA credit ($1 per hour, $8 is the maximum). But in less than two days, they started to transfer all the clients in Phoenix DC to Kansas, with no more explanation, only mentioned that there was a "undergoing dispute".

The connectivity to Kansas is not as good as Phoenix from here. What's more, they started to trottle the speed from 1Gbps down to 100Mbps. I found this behavior very irresponsible, so I decided to cancel the service. I raised the cancellation request, and asked for some refund. They just ignored me... OK, maybe they just didn't see that, so I opened a ticket for this matter. They said my vps is cancelled 25 days ago, and I replied:

ticket
ticket
ticket

So I guess this is it. The refund is not possible, even if they failed to provide service they advertised. And yes, there is a 4 days money back policy, so I stopped asking for a refund. But I think I still have the right to share my experience with the community. You guys decide whether to have business with them or not.

By the way, their website seems to be hosted on hostgator.com and it is full of 404 pages, like link on the logo in the client area. What kind of decent hosting service provider would host their own website on another hosting company's shared hosting service? Or, did they just ripped hostgator's 404 page?

Comments

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited February 2012

If they offered you a refund but you merely never replied... well... you want one now so they should give you one. You're an unhappy customer and now they have a bad review to deal with. In my Tips For Providers discussion I told providers to not be greedy or this would happen.

• Wow, surprise.

Thanks for the info and all the evidence.... :S

Let's wait the counterpart

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

In regards to the cancellation, Your service start date was 01/01/12. I checked your email log and confirmed this but I have not checked our email logs yet.
    We provide a Four Day Moneyback guarentee, Shall the service delivered not be what you expected. You agreed to the TOS / AUP on the registration of EaseVPS and the signup to any service.

We are now in a stable place and have no node issues for the past week, We would be happy to try and rebuild this not so good experience. :-)

Also a honest reason of why we moved out of PhoenixNA is because there was no onsite tech guys at infintie.net untill around 5PM(GMT) and the server hardware was old.

• @EaseVPS said: You agreed to the TOS / AUP on the registration of EaseVPS and the signup to any service.

And you advertised about location A with network speed x, but provide services in location B with network speed y. False advertising, huh?

• @Breton
    Emails was sent out regarding the new port limitations, All clients had full acknowledgement of this or atleast should because prior notification was supplied.

• Pics or never happened lol

• bretonbreton Member
    edited February 2012

@EaseVPS said: All clients had full acknowledgement of this or atleast should because prior notification was supplied.

So what? Suppose you buy an access to all Star Wars episodes in 1080p on some site, they allow you to download 2 episodes and then just tell "well, no SW anymore, watch these 3 Twilight movies in 480p instead".

• @Breton
    That is irrelevant, We provided constant updates if they was requested by the client and the transfer to Kansas City was around 24 Hours and It was only the clients with huge diskspace that got a hour or so downtime.

I agree, this situation could of been handled better on our behalf bur we would be happy to resolve this if the client had contacted us.

• @ktmud said: But in less than two days, they started to transfer all the clients in Phoenix DC to Kansas, with no more explanation, only mentioned that there was a "undergoing dispute".

@EaseVPS said: That is irrelevant, We provided constant updates if they was requested by the client and the transfer to Kansas City was around 24 Hours and It was only the clients with huge diskspace that got a hour or so downtime.

Have you read the original post and do you understand what is the issue described there?

Anyway, I am not going to discuss it here any more. The picture is clear for me now. Same for others, I think.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

Here is the entire email which states the maintainace and gives clients full acknowledgement of when the transfer takes place and of the new updated network limits.

Dear, Removed.

General Announcements

EaseVPS will be ending our service(s) that are currently provided in Phoenix, Arizona. The reasons cannot be disclosed currently due to a ongoing dispute.
    As of the 19Th of January we will be transfering all service(s) located in Phoenix to the new facility in Kansas City.

Network Announcements

Previous configurations was a Maximum network limit of 1000Mbit(1Gbit), As of the 18Th of January we will be throttling all Inbound / Outbound network activity to a 100Mbit limit.

If you have questions or complaints due to the recent changes then please reply to this email, We will happily respond and co-operate with you to find a solution.

Regards,
    EaseVPS Sales & Support
    Customer Phone: 084 3289 6765

• @ktmud said: so I decided to cancel the service. I raised the cancellation request, and asked for some refund. They just ignored me...

• @yomero

there is a 4 days money back policy, so I stopped asking for a refund.

Refund would not be possible as it is company policy, We would be happy to further resolve any previous disputes or misunderstandings that you have experienced with EaseVPS.

• Since you changed locations AND port speed (thus changing what the customer paid for) you should have offered a refund or at least a discount. Company policy or not the right thing to do is allow customers who are being affected to move on with a refund or at least some kind of discount.

The Customer PAID for and expected a certain service (Phoenix and gigabit) which was then removed from them.

Thanked by 2Indic [Deleted User]
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

The client was issued $8.00 which was more then his monthly service was worth, He had already recieved the next month paid for.

They did provide a $8 SLA credit ($1 per hour, $8 is the maximum).

Many companies that compete in the budget market, Do not even provide any sort of SLA or Credits if downtime occurs.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

Unacceptable at all.

If company change to somewhere with better resource or connection and same price, I think it is acceptable most customer, otherwise you should decrease your price or offer somewhat to match previous offer.

Edited:

@EaseVPS said: The client was issued $8.00 which was more then his monthly service was worth, He had already recieved the next month paid for.

So this is miscommunication between you and your customer. As you stated in your email to all of your customer, 19th will be the transfer date. When you sent the email ?

• The email was sent on the early morning of the 18Th, We provide 24 Hour notices prior to maintainances where it is possible.

• Considering the customer received downtime compensation worth more than he was paying, I don't think the customer deserves a refund.

While the refund and SLA are two different issues, don't be greedy OP.

• @Kairus said: Considering the customer received downtime compensation worth more than he was paying, I don't think the customer deserves a refund.

I gotta agree there, if the client recieved more money than what he paid for the month, he could have cancelled the service and ended up with more money than he had before.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

@ktmud, How much you pay to EaseVPS and for how long ?

• @Kairus said: Considering the customer received downtime compensation worth more than he was paying, I don't think the customer deserves a refund.

While the refund and SLA are two different issues, don't be greedy OP.

I am quite sure that this credit was given to his whm account, not paypal.

• You cancelled your services 25 days prior to 1/28, which would be 1/3, and you're wanting a refund for a service change that happened on the 19th?

!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

You cancelled your services 25 days prior to 1/28, which would be 1/3, and you're wanting a refund for a service change that happened on the 19th?

Percisely, It's like buying clothes and returning them a month later without labels or reciepts.

We have a clean reputation and provide excellent services for the market we compete in, I hope this misunderstanding with @ktmud can be resolved.

• yowmamasitayowmamasita Member
    edited February 2012

@ktmud said: My VPS went down for 13 hours

@ktmud said: they started to trottle the speed from 1Gbps down to 100Mbps

@EaseVPS said: The client was issued $8.00 which was more then his monthly service was worth, He had already recieved the next month paid for.

this was for the downtime, not the network speed. as i see it, you still owe him.

and an $8 credit for a host im not interested anymore < $0.01 back on my paypal, just sayin

• @yowmamasita said: this was for the downtime, not the network speed. as i see it, you still owe him.

In some way, yes

Thanked by 1Indic
  • Sorry if I did an error in english, I speak french and i'm still learning english, I do my best to correct and verify everything, correct me if I did a mistake please.

[sarcasm]
    I will do the same, I will start a VPS hosting and the next month I will switch the customer to my basement :D with similar performance but a great 2 mbit/s of upload :D. I will give them 8$ in credit so they can pay for the next month and everybody will be happy :D.
    [/sarcasm]

When you change the offer, you should give them the opportunity to cancel and get a refund for the month they loose. It's not free for somebody to change of provider and it's even much more worse if you give them only 24 hours to do that.

@Damian4IPXcore said: You cancelled your services 25 days prior to 1/28, which would be 1/3, and you're wanting a refund for a service change that happened on the 19th?

But he did paid for the month. It's not because you cancel that you don't pay. He pays for a month of usage, he got less than they offer him during about half of the month... He also asked for a refund the day they changed, which is 24 hours after they did send him a notice.

@EaseVPS said: Many companies that compete in the budget market, Do not even provide any sort of SLA or Credits if downtime occurs.

But many compagnies respect their offer and would offer a refund(which mean real cash, not a credit) if they change the offer during the course of a month. This is not about the SLA they offer(that they respect too), it's about the respect of their offer.

And you said that this 8$ credit is more than the price of his next month. it seem he won't use your service anymore. So what the problem to refund him less than his credit?

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

@dwild
    The client asked for a refund 18 - 19 Days in to his service, What do we do with the cost of bandwidth, power that his VPS has consumed?

Your only viewing this from the clients perspective and not the providers aswell.

• @EaseVPS said: The client asked for a refund 18 - 19 Days in to his service, What do we do with the cost of bandwidth, power that his VPS has consumed?

Your only viewing this from the clients perspective and not the providers aswell.

So you would feel great if one day your provider would switch your server in another datacenter with a notice of 24 hours? This would cost you nothing? It's all about the client, not the provider. He has trusted you. He pays to get 1 month of 1 vps with 1 gbit in Phoenix and what he got? 18 day of what he paid. You did a mistake(taking a provider that don't cover your need), he should not have to pay for it.

• @EaseVPS

What is the cost of power and bandwidth compared to your rep on the forum? If your going to have a drama on hear compared to losing a little cash its going to cost you a lot more in the long run.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

@Taylor
    The OP Agreed to our Terms of Service and company refund policy upon signup.

There is two sides to every story.

• @EaseVPS said: There is two sides to every story.

There are two sides to every story.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.