Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from EaseVPS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from EaseVPS

Comments

• aubsaubs Member

BTW, the more this thread goes on, it's likely the better Google page ranking it will get.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic After the move to Kansas everything was stable, No hiccups and we had confirmed one week prior to the move that their would be a port downgrade.

Read above, It's clear and obvious, Alright the client did order a 1Gbit Port which we now have on all Kansas nodes, But despite the move and the SLA which was prior to the move, He had a sound service with very few hiccups.

I will still work to resolve any issues with him, Even give him a free month to see that we are more stable. But how can I do that when he has disappeared?...yet this is first page on Google, Which is not fair for our business at all.

I know WHT has similar workings, When someone creates a trashy title they change it the provider can justify them selves.

@aubs Working on it, Hopefully I can get it pushed down.

• AldryicAldryic Member

I'm not saying that you haven't made effort to square things away with the client. Just giving my own two cents as a user.

While waiting on Chief to approve a title change, why not get with the mods and see if they'll let you write one final post explaining that you're attempting to work things out with the client (whom hasn't yet responded), and have this thread closed right after?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jacob said: Many companies that compete in the budget market, Do not even provide any sort of SLA or Credits if downtime occurs.

False, a refund should have been supplied.

• beardbeard Member

Can we open up a new providers discussion about terms out of concern of the discussion appearing on the top of Google for the OP and his company because I'm interested in hearing from all sides about how TOS should be done

• LAKidLAKid Member

You just said there's no more stock, then how can you give him a free month of service?

@DotVPS said: Chris,

Surely When you sign up for a company you accept what ever is in there terms?

Yes, but the user did not sign up for what happened to him. He did NOT sign up for Kansas, did NOT sign up for 100mbit port.

When people have an issue with me that is actually our fault, I supply the refund and get them out the door as quick and happy as possible so threads like this do not start.

Any business owner can calculate that refunding a few dollars is well worth not having a hassle. If your so uptight about a few dollars because it "cuts into your margins" then you are not doing something right.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@Aldryic said: The SLA was an account credit, wasn't it? That's not very helpful to someone that doesn't intend to remain as a client.

is that exactly what SLA mean? i refunded all my clients money when my NL Node get "burn".. :P

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

You should update your FAQ which states each node has a 1Gbit port.

I think the customer is right in this case. However despite this, I'm going to sign up for their Manchester node and give them a try.

• earlearl Member

I think a move to a DC in California would have made more sense...

• JacobJacob Member

Manchester and Jacksonville are still on 100Mbit, No point specificly upgrading one server to 1Gbit, When we get our own rack then sure. :-)

Going to sort all this mess out tomorrow hopefully.

@DotVPS said: It does now. :) Atleast there Kanas one's do when i was with them.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob
    Just ordered from EaseVPS using an old Febuary discount code and it's not off to a good start..

"Instant Automated Activation - Start your VPS Experience with EaseVPS, Your VPS is activated and processed within 5 Minutes!"
    It's been over five minutes, still no setup email and the order is pending. This should be instant after the payment.

"24/7 Professional Support Staff - We are available 24 Hours a Day via Live Chat, Helpdesk, Phone."
    Live chat Link doesn't work. Where is your phone number? Opening a ticket through WHMCS seems to be the only way to contact them.

There's also other missing links and information on the website.

• AsadAsad Member

@DotVPS said: What Payment Gateway?

2Checkout, the invoice is marked as paid.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@AsadHaider said: Live chat Link doesn't work. Where is your phone number? Opening a ticket through WHMCS seems to be the only way to contact them.

Thanks for the idea, gonna start adding that to my sites posts, what type of support providers, provide :) +rep points you :) Also @op it's unfortunate you've had some issues with EaseVPS, hopefully can be worked out.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

I have processed your order, Phone is available but only for a few hours per day, Live Chat is online when I am at my phone, desktop(not logged in on desktop).

I know, I know, We have some none working hyperlinks, Or text without hyperlinks, Build foundations before fixing decorations...(Doesn't make sense, But Yeah.)

@AsadHaider said: Just ordered from EaseVPS using an old Febuary discount code and it's not off to a good start..

"Instant Automated Activation - Start your VPS Experience with EaseVPS, Your VPS is activated and processed within 5 Minutes!"
    It's been over five minutes, still no setup email and the order is pending. This should be instant after the payment.

"24/7 Professional Support Staff - We are available 24 Hours a Day via Live Chat, Helpdesk, Phone."
    Live chat Link doesn't work. Where is your phone number? Opening a ticket through WHMCS seems to be the only way to contact them.

There's also other missing links and information on the website.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob said: I have processed your order, Phone is available but only for a few hours per day, Live Chat is online when I am at my phone, desktop(not logged in on desktop).

I know, I know, We have some none working hyperlinks, Or text without hyperlinks, Build foundations before fixing decorations...(Doesn't make sense, But Yeah.)

Thank you for processing the order. I'm not too worried about the missing hyperlinks, what concerns me more is the lies on your website. Services do not have "Instant Automated Activation" if you have to manually process orders.

Even worse is claiming to have "24/7 Professional Support Staff" when it's only available for a few hours a day, and the information isn't even listed on the website. What are your clients supposed to do if a node goes down during the middle of the night? or they need urgent support?

You didn't have a test IP for your Manchester location, the vps I just purchased as a pretty poor network latency for someone testing it from Manchester.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@DotVPS said: That has to be your ISP I'm around 20-30 miles away and get 12-18ms

No, definitely not my ISP. Low latency to other boxes in the UK down south, and the ones in my office (near the city centre).

• JacobJacob Member

@AsadHaider I am clearing stock from overdue invoices and suspended services. Normally it is automatic.

Check http://easestatus.com, I get notifications to my phone. I have all the major bits covered. I run a tight ship and provide a solid service, Even jack can vouch for that.

Likewise Eliot, Damian, Taylor, Etc also use me.

• aubsaubs Member

@AsadHaider to be fair, it sounds like you signed up specifically to have a go at @Jacob because of this thread. I'm not a customer, but give him a break.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • yomeroyomero Member

And if everybody is necromancing this thread, it will be never de-indexed from google

(LOL at my words...)

• AsadAsad Member

@DotVPS said: Doesn't look "Horrible" to me?

Well no idea why it's not as low for me. It's not enough to make a big deal over, I just expected better seeing as I'm from Manchester myself.

@Jacob said: @AsadHaider I am clearing stock from overdue invoices and suspended services. Normally it is automatic.

Check http://easestatus.com, I get notifications to my phone. I have all the major bits covered. I run a tight ship and provide a solid service, Even jack can vouch for that.

Thanks Jacob, good to know :) and you should keep your website updated

@aubs said: @AsadHaider to be fair, it sounds like you signed up specifically to have a go at @Jacob because of this thread. I'm not a customer, but give him a break.

Not at all, I'd like to form my own mind on them.

I've seen the good reviews and comments around here about EaseVPS, so I thought I'd give them a go. I'll be using them for a month at least, if they have good service then I'll be more then willing to upgrade and post a positive review of my experience with them here.

• AsadAsad Member

@DotVPS said: Well if your with TalkTalk , BT or Sky That might be why!

If your with Virginmedia I have no clue.

I'm with BE (same as O2 I think), gonna write a post on their forums seeing if anyone else has issues with BurstNet.

• AsadAsad Member

@DotVPS said: BE/02/ using BT's line.

Well yeah, they all use BT's line apart from Virgin. But O2/BE have their own network.

Anyway, I've asked BE to take a look at it and see if they can help.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

@Jacob said: Likewise Eliot, Damian, Taylor, Etc also use me.

Well, I use your services. Whether I'm using you is up for debate ;)

If it makes any difference to the direction of this thread, I'm thoroughly pleased with my VPS in Manchester with EaseVPS.
    Nice fast nodes, no problems at all.

For the couple of tickets I've put in (RDNS) they've been answered quickly and courteously.

@AsadHaider said: Well no idea why it's not as low for me. It's not enough to make a big deal over, I just expected better seeing as I'm from Manchester myself.

Another Mancunian! Routing is always a bit awkward in the UK, with most of it going through London before anywhere else.
    I'm on Virgin, and I get routed through Leeds and back enroute to BurstNet Manchester, for example.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

my 2 cents for the index in Google

:)

lol

• jcalebjcaleb Member

i like the fact that there was no downtime. i will consider easevps for future needs.

• gsxgsx Member

@Jacob Your TOS is a little hard to find. No links on your website that I can locate other than the little checkbox in WHMCS. Your TOS actually does not mention your refund policy, so some could argue that the refund policy is simply your policy and not legally binding to the customer.

• The OP said he would have been satisfied with a $2.xx pro-rated refund, and that IMO would have been the "least right" thing to do. Just because a client requests a cancellation effective at the end of the billing period doesn't mean they should be treated any differently than a recurring client for the duration of that period.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

I would be worried about any provider who gives a 4 day money back guarantee. I guess if they're paying outrageous bandwidth costs, but a LEB refund is not going to break anyone's bank I hope. Loss of customer is bad enough, but one pissed off customer will cost you 10 customers. That was how I was taught working in various jobs as a teenager and I find it doubly so in my 30's that it's still true.

Was 8 dollars really worth 102+ posts discussing various aspects of your service in a non flattering way?

This discussion has been closed.