Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

stay away from EaseVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

stay away from EaseVPS

Comments

• @Naruto said: There are two sides to every story.

Stop grammar-policing.

• @Naruto do you have any friends?

Thanked by 3yomero Infinity marrco
  • @dclardy said: @Naruto do you have any friends?

Wow

• Maybe @EaseVPS will ask whatll be the use of their ToS if it will not be followed by occasional exemptions. Then please change and indicate on your plans that they will be getting X mbps ports where 0<=X<=1000 [depending on frequency of disputes with DC], with 24 hours head room.

• @Naruto
    I am responding to all posts on my phone.

• AdamAdam Member
    edited February 2012

Well as I see it EaseVPS should at least provide a pro-rata based refund for any clients not wishing to continue service after the move.

On another note, 24hrs for moving datacenters is not reasonable/acceptable. 24hrs for maintenance such as upgrading RAM or upgrading a HDD is acceptable, but moving locations deserves 3days-1week notice.

I too would be pissed off if I only had 24hrs notice for a location based move (especially one that isn't in the same city, yet alone the same state).

• @EaseVPS, you should have e-mailed your clients and asked them if they wanted to be transferred over. And if they didn't; leave them on the Phoenix Node and warn them that it will not be available next month.

As the others stated; I don't believe it's a good business practice to switch up on what you've advertised half-way through their service period... at least without their "OK" on it.

• And you are handing out advice? That sure is a good way to end up in the dead pool.

if they didn't; leave them on the Phoenix Node and warn them that it will not be available next month.

• @EaseVPS said: And you are handing out advice? That sure is a good way to end up in the dead pool.

Ah, I doubt that action would lead anyone to the deadpool; would more likely probably end up with happy customers.

Why would I give advice to you? I'm just providing hindsight.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited February 2012
  • @Taylor said: had to be done

LOL!

• ktmudktmud Member
    edited February 2012

As I said, I don't expect any refund now. I'm just sharing my experience with the community, and more or less, asking for an explanation. If the provider's explanation sounds reasonable for you, you can still have business with them. After all, I did have two weeks of happy time.

But there are a few things need to be clarified:

1. The $8 is given to the account credit, and is compensation for the 13 hours of downtime.
    2. The cancellation request was first submitted in 1/19, by directly reply their migration announcement email, in which they said I can "reply to this email". By this time, the service was used for about 18 days, including the 13 hours.
    3. I also asked for a refund when making the cancellation request in WHM, which is 1 or 2 days after I sent the email and not get any response. So basically, they ignored me twice.
    4. The ticket is submitted at 1/28, after my Spring Festival vacation. I don't know how the "25 days" is calculated.

Whether you were going to provide a refund or not, you should give a word. I don't like things get "solved" by simply ignore them. And I just can't let it go, after so much unhappiness. By the time of I submit the ticket, even a refund on the unused portion of time, which is only about $2, would make me happy.

I'm sure not going back to their service, so they can take back that $8 credit. So wait, they should have made money of $6.79 - $2 + $8 = $12.79 from me, by only providing me a buggy VPS for 17 days!

I know this is not how you do accounting in the real world. So stop calling me greedy!

And stop making excuses like, "this is a budget service", "many other company do this too".... It just makes you look like more unreliable.

Finally, pardon me for my poor English. I'm Chinese after all. Oh, yes, I'm Chinese. Sorry for all the Syria people. I don't like my government's decision. But I cannot stand up against it. All I can do is to stand up for my own rights, against you UK people, haha..... :)

• @ktmud

To officially qualify your service as "Cancelled" / "Pending Cancellation" You would need to submit it directly from the client area, If you can provide dates and The subject line of the email that provided such Information then we would be happy to cooperate and Investigate further.

I agree, It was not a good month as we had constant problems with that Node in specific, Fortunately we moved to Kansas and for this exact reason. The network provided in PhoenixNAP Datacenter is far superior then WholesaleInternet's Facility.

But more to the point, I actually had server moved today(empty) and moved to a 1Gbit capable switch. I am seeing around 300Mbit Burstable on a 1Gbit port, I don't know if their is high usage but I cannot complain as this is about average for a shared 1Gbit port at "Budget" Datacenters.

Let me know if you are Interested in Choosing EaseVPS again, As we will make sure the second impresison is a good impression. :-)

• JacobJacob Member

Can I have this cleared up, This is first page on google and I have tried and resolve this with the OP but he has not responded back or contacted me.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It would be best to ask Chief with regards to that, I wouldn't rest my hopes on it being deleted if I was you though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Infinity said: It would be best to ask Chief with regards to that, I wouldn't rest my hopes on it being deleted if I was you though.

Last time I heard from Chief about a company requesting such his reply was 'Lifes a bitch, next time dont be a prick'

Francisco

• JacobJacob Member

I highly doubt Joel has the time, Not requesting a removal. Just renMe the thread title, OP just wanted everything his way, He had been issued SLA and used his service for 20 Days and then wanted a refund.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob said: OP just wanted everything his way, He had been issued SLA and used his service for 20 Days and then wanted a refund.

Because you didn't provide what he paid for. Not even in first billing cycle. How can you put blame on him for this at all? It's big market and when we order service somewhere it's because specific reason. It seems like some hosts have trouble to understand this and move clients like a chess figures around without preparation to compensate for troubles caused to them. Simple refund and "sorry because we didn't meet your needs" would do the magic. Lesson for future.

Thanked by 2nabo [Deleted User]
  • JacobJacob Member

@Spirit We provided $8 SLA more then his service amount, The VPS was stable at the time and the only problems encountered was the Hardware time.

The reason we moved from Phoenix to Kansas was the only choice, Otherwise we would be in the deadpool.

1Gbit to 100Mbit on a $4 VPS which had 1.5TB Bandwidth, What is bad about that. You could even burst the full 100Mbit.

We supplied a week or so prior notice for the move, No downtime was involved.

OP cannot have it both ways, SLA and a refund, and 20 Days service.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

SLA for non related issue have nothing to do with whole issue here.

@Jacob said: 1Gbit to 100Mbit on a $4 VPS which had 1.5TB Bandwidth, What is bad about that. You could even burst the full 100Mbit.

Read my post above.

What is bad about that? That he didn't get what he paid for and you fail to understand that. Unless you think that things like location doesn't matter for your clients.

@Spirit said: It's big market and when we order service somewhere it's because specific reason. It seems like some hosts have trouble to understand this and move clients like a chess figures around without preparation to compensate for troubles caused to them.

It's nothing bad about that it's just not what client need and what he paid for. From your point of a view he used your service 20 days from client point of a view it's wasted his time in those 20 days with you. Setting up server and stuff.. just to get days later something what you don't need or move away (and then again new set up) is nothing else than waste of time assuming that people actually spend some time with working on vps.

No matter what you said, SLA (credited account because downtime?) has nothing to do with all this and with cancellation and refund of payment for month of not be capable to provide him what he paid for it's completely irrelevant. Thing is actually very simple as long you're not greedy. You can't deliver him what's he paid for? No problem, here is your money back and good luck. Problem solved.

Don't get me wrong. I am not attacking you. It's just bad how you fail to understand that people pay for this what they want not for something random.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • LAKidLAKid Member

Wanted to order, but bugging out, thanks for this thread.

• AldryicAldryic Member

The SLA was an account credit, wasn't it? That's not very helpful to someone that doesn't intend to remain as a client.

As someone else also mentioned:

@yowmamasita said: an $8 credit for a host im not interested anymore < $0.01 back on my paypal, just sayin

It looks to me like he tried to give you a chance and things just didn't work out. Seems to me like it would work out best in everyone's interest to just give the guy at least a pro-rated refund, if not full. I doubt the cost of an LEB is worth all of the hassle this thread has produced.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic thank you for explaining better than I did with my limited english :)

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • DamianDamian Member

• JacobJacob Member

@LAKid We are out of stock.
    @Aldryic Regardless our AUP and TOS are there for a reason, If he was unsatisfied within the first four days, In this case which he was so he could of requested a refund.

Despite the change of location and the port change, Which was not optional, We corrected the HW time and to our knowledge he was happy.

If we do not stick and enforce Policies, We may aswell let spammers run loose on our servers.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob said: Despite the change of location and the port change

Yeah, tiny unimportant changes for customer... :S

@Jacob said: If we do not stick and enforce Policies, We may aswell let spammers run loose on our servers.

Just that thing was righ opposite here. It's your issue which affected his usage of service not his issue which affected your service. With some common sense you would realize that and simply refund him with apology not be able to deliver him what he paid for.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • JacobJacob Member

@Spirit He continued his service for more then 10 Days after these changes.

Sure I could of refunded him, but why continue a service you do not like for so long after these changes. ;)

• TaylorTaylor Member

Cant believe this got 79 google +1s ha

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Jacob said: @Spirit He continued his service for more then 10 Days after these changes.

Looks to me like he was just trying to be a good sport and give you a chance?

• aubsaubs Member

To put things in to context, if you were to hire a holiday caravan right by the sea and after a few weeks of enjoying it every other weekend and spending a fortune buying furniture, curtains etc. and spending time customising it to your tastes, only for the owner of the van to decide to move it to another site a few miles inland. That's not what you signed up for, not what you wanted and not what you paid your money for.

This discussion has been closed.