Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Euro KVM in Germany - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Euro KVM in Germany

Comments

• @skunk said:
    I cannot mount centOS, please add iso centOS 5...

I will work on this and then notify you here

@trexos said:
    That would be really awesome. Own Iso upload :P

Sorry, that wouldn't be possible. But I will add an option to suggest an ISO from the CP

@andrzej said:
    Guangzhou, China.

It's unblocked now!

@trexos said:
    I'm quite satisfied with my VPS. Only the disk isn't so fast. Write speed was 40MB/s. Do I have to worry?

Good to hear :) I will see how to improve that. Maybe the next host will hold SSDs?

• Still not got my order yet :( i ordered the 1024

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Still not got my order yet :( i ordered the 1024

Sorry for that. I am currently processing orders

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Good to hear :) I will see how to improve that. Maybe the next host will hold SSDs?

Do you use RAID? RAID 10 could improve it. SSDs are a bit expensive in my opinion.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Sorry for that. I am currently processing orders

I am also waiting. Hope to be processed soon too.

• ComsTownWebITComsTownWebIT Member
    edited September 2013

@trexos said:
    Do you use RAID? RAID 10 could improve it. SSDs are a bit expensive in my opinion.

Currently we use 2x 2TB WD 10k SAS in RAID1

I will see then.

• Got the server. And thanks to @trexos for guide on page 4

• Got mine!!
    Thanks again to @trexos for virtio drivers :-)

• Players on my server get ping arround 4-35. Epic service. Will use it for many years.
    Will write soon reviews for some sites.

• Well, when everyone starts to run benchmarks, the actual capacity is often shown diminished. :)

I finished main tuning of VMServer 1024. It's definitely faster than Amazon Micro instance, and costs less than it.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Tell me if it is good or not

not, disk very poor in speed

root@debian:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 38.4955 s, 27.9 MB/s

http://dmtinc.cl/imagenes/3Jwsm.jpg

• I agree, the disk could be a bottleneck. As several of us are doing tests and installs I think we affect each other. I do not mind disk bandwidth of 30-40MB/seg as I will not do disk intensive tasks, but my server has been "elapsed" for a while and it could not be possible to surf the web (for example, trying to open a browser and read this forum) as I have latencies of more than 10 seconds on windows statistics, so it took almost 1 minute to open this page :-(

Hope this will happen less times after initial installation :-?

• enrique750enrique750 Member
    edited September 2013

It is happening again, you can see low disk activity, 22seconds of disk response time and almost 100% busy :-(

http://dmtinc.cl/imagenes/15aev.png

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I didnt received the email, but checked the CP and there's it :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

hmmm me to, i got max 40Mb/s

• @ComsTownWebIT You done a very good job!

I'm not rushing you, but just asking when the Windows 2003 will be available?

• @skunk said:
    not, disk very poor in speed

It depends. When I used 2GB data file for 'dd' command and 'deadline' elevator, I get 75-79MB/sec.

• @all: ISOs will follow today. I am working on the disk speed... Maybe I will add some disks to do a Raid 10...

I will inform you then

• I have to say I'm really happy with the VPS. It's cheap and it does its job. And the support is friendly and replys in time. Only thing is disk speed, but thats not a big problem for me.

• @trexos said:
    I have to say I'm really happy with the VPS. It's cheap and it does its job. And the support is friendly and replys in time. Only thing is disk speed, but thats not a big problem for me.

That is good to hear.
    There will be an HDD upgrade on Host5. So there will be a downtime. But all of you will be informed about it before it starts...

• ComsTownWebITComsTownWebIT Member
    edited September 2013

Informations about Windows ISOs 32-Bit.

I tried Windows Server 2003 R2 32-Bit, but neither german nor english version worked. I think they are incompatible with the cpu infrastructure. I'll check that on another CPU

Edit: Also not compatible with Intel Xeon E5-2620. I think its a problem of the ISO files. I am looking for other ones

• Do you install a new RAID, new HDDs or just need more space?:)

• @trexos said:
    Do you install a new RAID, new HDDs or just need more space?:)

There will be a Raid 10. Not more space, but better performance.

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited September 2013

@ComsTownWebIT said:
    I think its a problem of the ISO files. I am looking for other ones

If you want ISOs directly from MSDN send me a PM

• @ComsTownWebIt

Awesome! Do you have an ETA?

• We are going to open a forum: http://forum.comstownit.de/
    It will be German/English. Still in setup!

• How do you get ctrl+alt+del working on VNC to a vindows vps? I have found no way to do it.

• How do you get ctrl+alt+del working on VNC to a vindows vps? I have found no way to do it.

• @enrique750 said:
    How do you get ctrl+alt+del working on VNC to a vindows vps? I have found no way to do it.

I already got this suggestion, i'm working on it!

• @ComsTownWebIT
    Do you have an ETA when RAID 10 will be installed on Node5?