Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Euro KVM in Germany - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Euro KVM in Germany

Comments

• I've get it running now :)

Thanks

• @Infinity580 said:
    ha, status page on same server.

No server was availble. It wouldnt have had any effect to put the status page on a different server ;)

• It would be nice if you'd put a gparted live iso up or something.

• Ordered 2 servers 5 day's ago. Got one, but still waiting for the second.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    We kindly ask for your understanding!

Hi, I paid 2 euro for a KVM ordered (by paypal) on 24th Sept but I've still not had it setup. When I login I can't even find my order...

• I paid 3 days ago and no email or anything? what's going on?? @ComsTownWebIT my order # is 5288. When I ordered it said 1-3 days...if this is not the case you should let people know!

• I think they've gone and done a runner. Or he just cannot be bothered setting people up.

• My servers are up and the support writes me. Maybe you should contact them?

• We are very busy setting up new hosts and vms. We just got a new employee.

Please be patient. Ordering will be fully automated soon

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited October 2013

@ComsTownWebIT said:
    We are very busy setting up new hosts and vms. We just got a new employee.

Please be patient. Ordering will be fully automated soon

I sent a reinstall request for 4 days ago,but now still not reinstall done.Your staff always told me "wait for tech..",i already wait for 4 days!I don't think check my request and reinstall need spend a lot of time.

• ComsTownWebITComsTownWebIT Member
    edited October 2013

@Edo said:
    I sent a reinstall request for 4 days ago,but now still not reinstall done.Your staff always told me "wait for tech..",i already wait for 4 days!I don't think check my request and reinstall need spend a lot of time.

You know that this is originally your task? And if our support is too busy with things which we need to do, because it is included in the price. Then you will have to wait!

And why do you buy a German VPS if you are living in China? I mean this is the only problem you have: you are not able to use KVM because your Internet isn't fast enough

• ComsTownWebIT said: And why do you buy a German VPS if you are living in China?

@ComsTownWebIT wow, just wow. anyway, here ya go: http://bit.ly/1aEGk77

• WOW very unprofessional....@ComsTownWebIT your lack of delivering a service or at best customer service is shocking...I'm glad I only made a deposit of 2 euro seeing as how I doubt you will ever render services for services that have been paid for....unreal!!!

• @Toadyus said:
    WOW very unprofessional....ComsTownWebIT your lack of delivering a service or at best customer service is shocking...I'm glad I only made a deposit of 2 euro seeing as how I doubt you will ever render services for services that have been paid for....unreal!!!

I think 2 EURO is only pay for the KVM not for the service, this is un-managed KVM.

So far, I am happy with my KVM after the hard disk RAID upgrade on node 5.

edited October 2013

@craigb said:
    ComsTownWebIT wow, just wow. anyway, here ya go: http://bit.ly/1aEGk77

Thanks for your reminder, anyways he knew that his internet speed is too slow to germany. He isn't even able to use our Control Panel.
    I mean: If I want power and support I would have bought something that is closer to me and I would pay definetely more than 2 Euro!

@Toadyus said:
    WOW very unprofessional....ComsTownWebIT your lack of delivering a service or at best customer service is shocking...I'm glad I only made a deposit of 2 euro seeing as how I doubt you will ever render services for services that have been paid for....unreal!!!

Same to you: what do you expect of 2 Euro?

I think you have different ideas of what is possible for only 2 Euro!

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited October 2013

@ComsTownWebIT said:
    No server was availble. It wouldnt have had any effect to put the status page on a different server ;)

Thats why people host status.mycoolvpshost.com in a different datacenter. You should just grab webspace at hetzner or any other host so that you are able to post "we're having a great barbecue by the fire the DC is making. oh btw your hosts are all down" and then we are actually able to read this.

@ComsTownWebIT said:
    And why do you buy a German VPS if you are living in China? I mean this is the only >problem you have: you are not able to use KVM because your Internet isn't fast enough

Seriously? Great chinese firewall? Ever heard of it? I know customers can be (very) annoying, but what makes a good hoster is being patient and helpful. Posting "your internet sucks" is NOT really the way you treat customers very long before they look out for other providers.

"And why do you buy a German VPS if you are living in China? I mean this is the only problem you have: you are not able to use KVM because your Internet isn't fast enough"

would be:

"We investigated the problem and it seems that your internet connection is too slow to use the KVM console. Please keep in mind that our services are unmanaged and that we cannot provide support for the offered price. However we could offer to install your operating system of choice for a small fee. Please contact our support if you want us to do this."

Or if you don't like to do this keep the last part "However.." out and write "Please try a different internet connection."

Support is one thing but blocking support in a friendly way is the other..I absolutely understand, that for 2€ there is absolutely no support possible, but stay friendly. This is just an advide.

@ComsTownWebIT said:
    Same to you: what do you expect of 2 Euro?

Come on, stop posting that. I know thats the way it is. I am dealing with customers as well and of course customers, who pay more are more important for business in a monetary way, but you need to give everyone the feeling that you are working hard on providing the best service for everyone. No customer is worthless, even if he pays <1€. If it is like this you should stop offering such low-priced offers. Why do we have this unfriendly attitude towards customers in germany.. :(

@smile93
    I think 2 EURO is only pay for the KVM not for the service, this is un-managed KVM.
    So far, I am happy with my KVM after the hard disk RAID upgrade on node 5.

I am happy with my KVM as well. Paid it for 2 years, working great. And yeah the price obviously is for unmanaged services. Never seen such a cheap KVM vps in germany. I don't care about support or not by the way, the server has to be running, everything else is nonsense ;D

edited October 2013

@chrisp:
    Thanks for your advice. I tried to be friendly several times - and I told him he has to stand by because we are very busy - and i told him about the internet problem.

But if he asks several times a day when we care about his reinstall... I mean after a time it gets really annoying!

You are telling me I am not working hard enough? Are you kidding me?

You tell me I am unfriendly? I do not understand that.

• @chrisp said:
    No customer is worthless, even if he pays <1€. If it is like this you should stop offering such low-priced offers.

This is what I explained to this guy while ago. Its bad for his own company. People will get the impression that these VPS's are play toys and never usable for professional projects. And not many people want VPS's to play.

edited October 2013

We had "professional plans", on SSD Raids, Xeon processors, redundant network and power...

But nobody wanted them...
    We are going to plan new projects: managed hosting, higher perfomance products etc.

Have a look (is currently in development): http://v2.comstownit.de/

• Do you stop providing these cheap KVMs?

• ComsTownWebIT said: You are telling me I am not working hard enough? Are you kidding me?

Definitely not, that's not what I wanted to say. I wouldn't say that to anybody. It's just..stay calm :)

• @trexos said:
    Do you stop providing these cheap KVMs?

No ordered services will be continued

@chrisp said:

Sorry, it is just annoying...

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Sorry, it is just annoying...

Oh,Hi,ComsTownWebIT,i saw your comment,i'm so sorry about annoy you.Now,i could Connect VPS via VNC,so needn't reinstall VPS.But only a problem:http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15381/vnc-problem
    Can you tell me how can fix this problem?Because my password include symbols and uppercase letters,i found this problem,i can't input password,can't login.

Thank you.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited October 2013

Maybe it was a mistake to lift the IP ban on some countries...

• @ComsTownWebIT

But you wont offer these old deals in the futur?

• comstownitde is a toy company

• @ComsTownWebIT

Am I still able to purchase a KVM server?

• @Edo said:

You wrote that you are using the American Keymap?

I will try to set the VPS to American Keymap.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Maybe it was a mistake to lift the IP ban on some countries...

If he was unable to connect because of country blocking, he could not order it ;)

@skunk said:

comstownitde is a toy company

Yay, I love toys :)

@trexos said:
    ComsTownWebIT

But you wont offer these old deals in the futur?

They will not be offered if v2 is released.> @taronyu said:

ComsTownWebIT

Am I still able to purchase a KVM server?

Yes you are

• @comstownwebit

Bought one yesterday, waiting for setup ^^

• @taronyu said:
    comstownwebit

Bought one yesterday, waiting for setup ^^

Setup of all ordered servers will be done today. We ran out of IP Addresses. We got a new subnet now