Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Euro KVM in Germany - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Euro KVM in Germany

Comments

• Ordered the 256MB KVM :)

BTW nice pings to Sri Lanka 140ms~

• @Ruchirablog said:
    Ordered the 256MB KVM :)

BTW nice pings to Sri Lanka 140ms~

• @ComsTownWebIT said:

any information about when the VPS will be setup? My product ID is 5150

• @Ruchirablog said:
    any information about when the VPS will be setup? My product ID is 5150

Currently working on this

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited October 2013

this is what Im getting on Host1

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 57.7316 s, 18.6 MB/s

• wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model :  Common KVM processor
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  1999.748 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 245 MB
    Total amount of swap : 508 MB
    System uptime :   10 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 4.12MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.00MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 756KB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 259KB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 7.42MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.91MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 252KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 550KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 558KB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 982KB/s 
    I/O speed :  14.0 MB/s

• Yes host1 is our first server we had bought (Genius :P), that's why disk speed is low...

• Quick question. Is Centos 32bit available? I saw the mounted isos, but it seems its only 64 bit version

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Yes host1 is our first server we had bought (Genius :P), that's why disk speed is low...

Tested again and

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 58.1049 s, 18.5 MB/s

Well under 20MB/s is too low to run anything other than the OS itself. I would consider 50MB/s is totally acceptable but not this

• @Ruchirablog said:

Sorry, can't do anything about this as the price is 1€!

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Sorry, can't do anything about this as the price is 1€!

I'm not being mean but this type of attitude isn't good for your business. You shouldn't have offered your services for this kind of price if you cant provide a reasonable service.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ComsTownWebIT Any way you can add a custom ISO ? I have my own key (Win7)

• @Ruchirablog, you may be right, but I get this guy because he offered me the cheapest kvm that I have ever found, and I have the vstarter 1024 plan.
    I have just seen that there is a kvm plan for 1€.
    I have been with other providers paying more thant 5$/month and having low disk performance.
    I do not know if you can afford the 2€ plan, but I have seen that it has also SSD.

Maybe it is my opinion and of course I respect yours, but I have tried a lot of providers and I am happy with this. It is not the faster, but for me it has the best price/quality relation.

• @Ruchirablog said:
    I'm not being mean but this type of attitude isn't good for your business. You shouldn't have offered your services for this kind of price if you cant provide a reasonable service.

What do you mean by reasonable? I do not understand you in no way! If you want better disk speed, 1€ shouldnt be too much!

What do you think from where I should get better hard drives if there are only 10 customers each paying 1€?

And remember: we just upgraded hard drives on host5, i dont know why my "attitude should be bad for my business"? You just have to think REAL!

@netomx said:
    ComsTownWebIT Any way you can add a custom ISO ? I have my own key (Win7)

I will add them later this day

• @ComsTownWebIT, please add iso centOS 5.9 thanks,

• where is ,as the title,the 1G kvm with windows for only 2EURO?

• @ynzheng said:
    where is ,as the title,the 1G kvm with windows for only 2EURO?

This offer is sold out for weeks :P

• @Ruchirablog said:

1€, what do you expect? I would say that offer is great if you need a sandbox or some place for your "2 visits a day" customers.

BTW: If i had the money to spare on such a project i would offer "Servers" based on GNUBlins for 0.50€/month each, would net you a 180 MHz ARM with 32 MByte RAM running Debian from an 4 GByte SD. Now that would be low end and a challenge for the seasoned LBE-people. :) (And yes, you could send in a prepared MicroSD card.)

• Did the pending order get provisioned now?

• I placed an order earlier today for the vStarter256, when will I receive it? I thought this was automagically done.

• ComsTownWebITComsTownWebIT Member
    edited October 2013

@YellowSloth said:
    I placed an order earlier today for the vStarter256, when will I receive it? I thought this was automagically done.

Actually ATM it is by hand.

• skaska Member
    edited October 2013

@YellowSloth said:
    [...] automagically [...]

I doubt that the people from @ComstomsWebit hold a degree from Hogwarts ;-)

@Ruchirablog said:
    Well under 20MB/s is too low to run anything other than the OS itself. I would consider 50MB/s is totally acceptable but not this

That was a good joke in io-speed, but, people might not get it as such and think you mean that for real. A standard class 10 SD-Card reaches 10MB/s. This is where the Raspberry Pi runs from. And people do way more than simply running an OS with GUI from it. It is the same SD-Card that is used for Full-HD video recording. People are running their RPi media-centres from 20MB/s.

Most things that you will use on a smaller VPS will be handled in RAM: VPN, DNS, Webserver, Mailserver. All the configs of those tools are handled in RAM. Remember that it is a 1 Euro VPS. It's made for small purpose.

• Site is down? Cant reach it on my mobile :/

• Just ordered the 1euro plan as it's right what I needed for my VPN. Great stuff.
    Thank you very much @ComsTownWebIT

• I've ordered a few days ago, it's shows as running, but I don't received any emails.
    My product id is 5136

• I keep getting a "Login to Proxmox Host failed." message trying to access my server settings. Also the live support doesn't seem that live.

It seems there is also no option to use a local VNC client, but I haven't verified that yet.

• I had ordered a 2nd VPS yesterday and got it after 5mins.

• I can't open the website now, anyone can access it?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I can't open the website now, anyone can access it?

https://comstownit.de/status

Hello,

causing of massive DDoS-Attacks against our shop, our firewalls and some of our customers, our High-Availability Cluster failed.

There may be some downtimes due to maintenance work.

We kindly ask for your understanding!

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

ha, status page on same server.