Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• So, I bought a 2TB server for 3 years. Accepted the offer for a replacement 1TB server via email but have not heard back anything on the status of that so I don't have a ticket.

Now I can get the additional 1TB that I already paid for, but at an additional cost? And it sounds like quite a few people are in the 1% that have no working nodes at this time.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • @SonOfAMotherlessGoat said:
    So, I bought a 2TB server for 3 years. Accepted the offer for a replacement 1TB server via email but have not heard back anything on the status of that so I don't have a ticket.

Now I can get the additional 1TB that I already paid for, but at an additional cost? And it sounds like quite a few people are in the 1% that have no working nodes at this time.

Yeah, I replied to the previous email in November and didn't hear back.

• @SonOfAMotherlessGoat said:
    So, I bought a 2TB server for 3 years. Accepted the offer for a replacement 1TB server via email but have not heard back anything on the status of that so I don't have a ticket.

I'm in the same boat. If it helps, I posted earlier in this thread a ticket reply in which Ashley assured me I'd get the additional 1TB (eventually, after he gets everything straightened out). I'm still holding out hope, although I empathize that some here might deem it to be another deferred promise.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

I got that email too but hadn't heard anything about a new server (didn't request one though). My client area still lists my two old services and says "Could not create PVE2_API object" as someone above also experienced.

Regarding PP disputes: why would anyone leave their operating funds in a PP account where PP could freeze them?

• willie said: Regarding PP disputes: why would anyone leave their operating funds in a PP account where PP could freeze them?

to pay your upstream provider for instance? nowadays obviously even providers are in a big need for a working paypal account anyway. so if he wants to continue with his business he must sort things out with paypal properly.

maybe he had quite some money in his balance and by now only can send amounts as a refund to payments that are still disputable (in the 180 day period). Other than that the balance is frozen and can't be used to satisfy anything else.

or it's even worse and he does not have money in there left, so he probably needs to add funds to the balance from external to clear out any open cases, before trying to get paypal to lift limitations...

anyway to continue business he needs a working paypal account no matter what (now more then ever).

• Yay, I am in 1% too. Perhaps he made a typo and wanted to say that 99% of costumers still don't have services working ;)

• mansoormansoor Member
    edited December 2017

Oh Wow folks, guess what. After closing my ticket for refund with no response three times Ashley just emailed me (mass email) with new offers to signup for his service. Please see below. So with no VM for three months, no money back, no response to numerous tickets @Ashley has the time to send out marketing emails expecting people to trust him with more money. Wow!

========================================================

Hello Customer,

I hope you have a good long weekend where ever in the world you may be based.

Year Update

As I am sure you are aware the end of 2017 has been a rocky few month's with the large technical failure of our CEPH / Proxmox cluster.

I again would like to apologise for the issues and inconvenience caused at the time, I have been working as quickly as possible to make sure all client's get a replacement service as soon as possible and supporting where possible with your rebuilds.

99% of client's should now be back online @ Hetzner on Raid 10 hardware, if you still have any issues please reply to this email adding (Rebuild) to the end of the subject line stating the OS you require and any further details.

A one month extension for all LET Specials will be added onto your account, this will be put in place over the coming days into 2018.

End of Year Offer

Due to the large amount of new node's setup @ Hetzner to bring services online ASAP we still do have some available capacity, therefore the sale of the LET Specials will be re-opened from now till 01/01/2018 or till stock lasts on the current nodes.

Option 1: New / Extra Separate VM

1.5TB Space
    2TB Outgoing
    Unmetered Incoming
    1 VCPU
    2GB RAM
    KVM
    Choice of OS Templates & ISOs (Including Windows)

$8/Month or $60/Year (These will never be sold / restocked again after 01/01/2018 apart from any future terminates & cancellations)

Option 2: Additional Disk Space to existing VM (Subject to node capacity)

Extra 1TB Space

$6.50/Month or $48.75/Year

If you would like to take up either of these offers please reply to the email adding (Offer) to the subject line.

• @mansoor scroll up this is the email everyone's discussing on this page.

• I asked Ashley directly about the refunds and this is the response:

We are working on the last batch of refund's,currently faced with working around some ongoing delayed disputes with PayPal putting a lock on us sending any money to be able to complete these.

I still have faith in Ashley to refund and continue to provide a service. There is a bit of a perfect storm against him, not helped by the holiday period over here in the UK.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I can say one thing for sure; the dude is a fighter. A wimp would have made his run a looong time ago.

Thanked by 3vimalware WSS lion
  • berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited December 2017

Was the email from the support-address which a replay ends up in an unanswered ticket?

Havn´t got an email, server at ovh-fr still down, tickets unanswered, emails to private address unanswered, skype-request unanswered.

@deank said:
    I can say one thing for sure; the dude is a fighter.

But the communication is expandable

• @berndy2001 said:

But the communication is expandable

Sure but lets remember its a one-man host and this issue has probably overwhelmed him so there's only so much one person can do

• I just replied to the mass mail we got

• Also part of the 1% club.

• @zafouhar said:

so there's only so much one person can do

A short statement which is updated once/twice a week on the webpage/customer panel/let needs 5 minutes and calms many people. Also i havn´t got the email today...

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • This 1% club thing is just a meme now.

'99% of client's should now be back online @ Hetzner on Raid 10 hardware, if you still have any issues please reply to this email adding (Rebuild) to the end of the subject line stating the OS you require and any further details.'

I lol'd at this after reading this thread.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE
  • I am the 1%, very sad.

• berndy2001 said: Was the email from the support-address which a replay ends up in an unanswered ticket?

yes. in my case I replied to that mail and Ashley answered on that very new ticket after a short time.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Had an email from Ashley, it was somewhat different in that it doesn't mention the LET offers but I never had a LET offer service from him.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

I'm also in that 1% :D
    opened a ticket yesterday for provisioning, no response yet

• I am also that 1%, since they don't want to refund, I have to choose replacement, just 1month extension, my server was down over 40 days.The most important thing is that they closed ticket without reply, I still get NOTHING

• edited December 2017

I think I have been as patient as possible, and it really appears the "99%" is not an accurate number. I will send one last email and then explore other ways to recover the funds spent. I really wanted to trust Ashley and hoped he'd turn things around, but instead of sending an explanation email, he sends an advertisement for purchasing more services. Feels like he's looking for funds to cover what is already spent and this whole thing will just happen again in the future when the new funds run out. It's time to cut and run I do believe. Call me a dick, it's been done before, but with zero responses to any emails, tickets or attempts to contact, I really feel I have been left with no other option. I do wish Ashley the best of luck but I'm moving on and will do what is needed to recover my purchase and make my situation whole. If Ashley comes through and provides service then I would be glad to stay, but I feel like I'm getting a handjob while the pimp is stealing my car. Hetrix shows over 50 days offline.

• Cant say im happy with how things went down.
    I waited patiently for things to calm down and replied to the ticket about replacment server.
    When i got my server everything was fine dumped about 460GB back into it.
    Logged in the other day and had problems running apt-get update, did some troubleshooting and after posting here for help found that there are disk errors.
    WTF backup my backup AGAIN and submitted a ticket to the void of ZXhost.

It seems even the replacement for my services is sub par and support is on perma vacation.

1 month extension is useless if you cant use the provided server.

• Update:

I've got replied and a new vps with my former disk img has been setup. See how long it will last.

• Well well... No one really believed me a dime when I was complaining about such careless behaviour by this provider towards paying clients on different topics.

Now you experience it yourselves.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited January 2018

My replacement VPS has been down since Boxing Day, with no response to my ticket and no ability to even reboot from the console. Meanwhile, still waiting for the other 1 TB on this VPS and I get an email trying to sell more accounts because there's still capacity on the nodes? Not a good look.

• I can not login (or reset my password) to vmcp anymore, don´t know what happend.

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited January 2018

Bad morning news:

ZXHost LTD
    Hello XXXX,

Sadly due to many circumstances we willl be unable to continue the operation and running of the LET Special's and that area of our business.

After our CEPH Cluster failure are orginal intention was to EOL the plan due to the thin profit margin / time required to bring all services back online,
    however due to demand from clients we worked to get as many client's back online @ Hetzner on our orginal setups.

However due to still ongoing PayPal Dispute's, and the extreme high support load off the back of this product it is something we will not be able to continue for an extended period of time while still making a profit to operate from.

Therefore the following decision has been taken.

All services will continue to operate till 20th January 2018, please make sure all your data is backed up externally (Please make sure you have cancelled any PayPal subscriptions)
    Pro-Rota refunds will be sent to ALL customers who have paid past 20th January 2018 (this will take some time as will be done as and when the resource to refund is avaliable so please do bare with me)

Again I appologise, but at this point I want to provide notification to allow time for users to make a seamless change to another provider, a hard decision to be made specially after the amount of time I have poured into this over the past month.

For resources and prices around the same as your LET Special I would advise to look @ https://www.time4vps.eu/storage-servers/#quarterly as the next best alterntive.

If you have any questions or anything we can help with please do let me know, however due to the high expected ticket load please expect a delayed response.

After the 20th January will also have a large amount of SX61 that will be avaliable for transfer for free to another Hetzner account, saving you the €69,00 setup fee,
    if you would like to take up one of these from 21st January please send me an email directly to [email protected] these will be on a first come first basis.

Thanks,
    Ashley

Thanked by 1willie
  • I'd like to get SX61 and my old data in CEPH effected vps is important too.

• WSSWSS Member

@fingon said:
    I'd like to get SX61 and my old data in CEPH effected vps is important too.

Comprehension isn't your strong point..

Thanked by 1Falzo