Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• @fingon said:
    I don't know when he will be fixed bug to help me to get my data back....

Data back??? Dude, I would not hold my breath. You would be lucky if you can get your server provisioned

• The only way I got a reaction from ZXHost is by opening a dispute.

I closed the dispute.. because in my opinion 2 things can happen: I will get a working vps or ZXHost declares bankruptcy and I will never see my money again.

Little side note: It has been 2 days and no working vps...

Thanked by 2Falzo beagle
  • Do I really have to open a dispute for my two instances paid for three years in advance?

I'd rather like to get it solved in a good way. :\

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @SwordfishBE said:
    The only way I got a reaction from ZXHost is by opening a dispute.

I paid with Creditcard directly :/

@Golbinex said:
    I talked with Ashley on skype.

I just added him, hope he accepts my contactrequest. Anyone tried to reach him on the phonenumber which is deposited on the paypal transaction (paid first year with paypal)

• @mansoor said:

@fingon said:
    I don't know when he will be fixed bug to help me to get my data back...

Data back??? Dude, I would not hold my breath. You would be lucky if you can get your server provisioned

:-///////// my data......Almost 150GB...

• first ceph, now xfs.

Maybe it's time for ZFS. 3rd time's the charm.

• @vimalware said:
    first ceph, now xfs.

Maybe it's time for ZFS. 3rd time's the charm.

Bite your tongue- there's nothing wrong with ZFS. XFS, in my experience, doesn't crash gracefully- but I haven't played with it in nearly a decade.

• Never had a problem with ZFS, use it to back a lot of things from cold storage to lxc container storage and all is well. But XFS leaves a bunch of zero'd out files when it goes tits up.

But I am getting kind of nervous about the situation. Payed for 3 years up front and bought the SeaFile license for the node. Agreed to a new node with 1TB less storage space in the hopes that when things stabilize the extra TB would be added back. But it's been radio silent since everything went down and I'm wondering what is going on. I really don't want to be a dick and talk to PayPal but I'm starting to see that there may not be any other option. I trust Ashley but if he'd just throw us a bone and give a new status update it would be nice to calm the speculation and the concern.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

I trust Ashley's good intentions but even if he manages to get everyone's servers running again, I'd need some kind of assurance that he has the resources to keep them running til expiration, since a lot of them are on prepaid 3 year plans.

• @willie said:
    I trust Ashley's good intentions but even if he manages to get everyone's servers running again, I'd need some kind of assurance that he has the resources to keep them running til expiration, since a lot of them are on prepaid 3 year plans.

Well, I guess Ashley has the resources if he keeps the $$$ paid for 3 years by all those poor sods who are no longer interested in getting another (trimmed-down) vps, and won't get a refund either...

• Shot2 said: if he keeps the $$$

I think if he hadn't already spent the $$$, then it wouldn't have been necessary to change DC's, he could have sent out refunds to those who wanted them, etc. That makes me think there is no $$$ at the moment.

Thanked by 2Falzo SwordfishBE
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2017

So basically this one-man-company is broke, bankrupt, but refuses to acknowledge it (or anything else for that matter) publicly? Sweet. Smells good for the future of these new VPS...

Thanked by 1netpioneer
  • williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

Shot2 said: So basically this one-man-company is broke, bankrupt, but refuses to acknowledge it (or anything else for that matter) publicly?

Well, bankrupt means filing bankruptcy documents and liquidating the company or handing over control, and I haven't heard ZX has done that.

In these situations there's usually a period of being in difficulty but managing to scrape by from day to day, with the idea of still being able to pull out of the ditch from future revenue. That's what I think might be going on now. Sometimes it works, but it's understandable that nobody wants to advertise being in that situation, since you have to keep selling stuff to make it happen.

I suspect the 3 year storage offers were already part of that process.

• I assume that Ash is doing his best to try to make this right while working a legitimate job, so he can't answer email 24/7. He's also likely sick of spending half of his not-working time telling people that their $0.02/day storage service is not coming back.

Thanked by 2willie Falzo
  • edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    I assume that Ash is doing his best to try to make this right while working a legitimate job, so he can't answer email 24/7. He's also likely sick of spending half of his not-working time telling people that their $0.02/day storage service is not coming back.

I get that and I expect that he's doing a lot of work on the back end of things. But 10 minutes out of that time to dash off an email or a post of what the current situation is, and what the plans are would do wonders. Tell me that it may be Jan/Feb before I get a new node and I'm happy with that. But silence just leads to speculation and seeing reports that now the new servers aren't coming online and there have been additional issues makes things seem really sketchy. I get it, my stuff is gone. I also understand that I'm losing the extras that lead me to pay the 3 years in advance. I'm not asking for my data, I have backups like any sane person would. But I'm coming up on the 180 day mark, the silence isn't comforting.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I'm not excusing it, just trying to expound upon his mental state.

• @WSS said:
    I'm not excusing it, just trying to expound upon his mental state.

Oh most definitely, it's got to be quite hellish on his end to have everything go to hell and really it's not all his fault. CEPH was an upstream bug, and it looks like another bug with CentOS and the kernel. I don't think he's anywhere near scam level, just got hit by a bunch of things going wrong at the most inopportune time. But that $100 is a months worth of donations from my other project so it's kind of a lot for what the node was intended.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2017

$100 in donations to the son of a motherless goat?!

• @Shot2 said:
    $100 in donations to the son of a motherless goat?!

SEMEN ISN'T FREE.

• @WSS said:
    SEMEN ISN'T FREE.

Good thing sisters are.

• @SonOfAMotherlessGoat said:

@WSS said:
    SEMEN ISN'T FREE.

Good thing sisters are.

You donating 100 bucks? @WSS has a cute little blonde that could use it.

• Hell, I could use $100!

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

I just received an email from @AshleyUk, posting this here, in case it doesn't reach everyone:

I hope you have a good long weekend where ever in the world you may be based.

Year Update

As I am sure you are aware the end of 2017 has been a rocky few month's with the large technical failure of our CEPH / Proxmox cluster.

I again would like to apologise for the issues and inconvenience caused at the time, I have been working as quickly as possible to make sure all client's get a replacement service as soon as possible and supporting where possible with your rebuilds.

99% of client's should now be back online @ Hetzner on Raid 10 hardware, if you still have any issues please reply to this email adding (Rebuild) to the end of the subject line stating the OS you require and any further details.

A one month extension for all LET Specials will be added onto your account, this will be put in place over the coming days into 2018.

End of Year Offer

Due to the large amount of new node's setup @ Hetzner to bring services online ASAP we still do have some available capacity, therefore the sale of the LET Specials will be re-opened from now till 01/01/2018 or till stock lasts on the current nodes.

Option 1: New / Extra Separate VM

1.5TB Space
    2TB Outgoing
    Unmetered Incoming
    1 VCPU
    2GB RAM
    KVM
    Choice of OS Templates & ISOs (Including Windows)

$8/Month or $60/Year (These will never be sold / restocked again after 01/01/2018 apart from any future terminates & cancellations)

Option 2: Additional Disk Space to existing VM (Subject to node capacity)

Extra 1TB Space

$6.50/Month or $48.75/Year

If you would like to take up either of these offers please reply to the email adding (Offer) to the subject line.

ZXHost Future into 2018

A new website will be launched in early 2018 along with a new range of services & products both LET & Standard price ranges, however products will differ from our standard previous Storage packages.

If you have any other questions please do reply to this email and I will work to answer them as soon as possible.

Apart from that I hope you have a good last few days of 2017 and wish you all the best and good luck for 2018.

Thanks,
    Ashley Merrick

so, good thing is, he is working hard on staying in business - I respect that.

sad thing is, he still does not answer any requests of people not wanting a replacement at hetzner or even have non-storage services being down...

edit: ofc I am going to reply and see, if he finally answer a request for refunds that way.

• and no mention of refunds at all.

last money grab attempt.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2017

Just got email from ZXHost.

Hello [Poor Sod],

I hope you have a good long weekend where ever in the world you may be based.

Year Update

As I am sure you are aware the end of 2017 has been a rocky few month's with the large technical failure of our CEPH / Proxmox cluster.

I again would like to apologise for the issues and inconvenience caused at the time, I have been working as quickly as possible to make sure all client's get a replacement service as soon as possible and supporting where possible with your rebuilds.

99% of client's should now be back online @ Hetzner on Raid 10 hardware, if you still have any issues please reply to this email adding (Rebuild) to the end of the subject line stating the OS you require and any further details.

A one month extension for all LET Specials will be added onto your account, this will be put in place over the coming days into 2018.

End of Year Offer

Due to the large amount of new node's setup @ Hetzner to bring services online ASAP we still do have some available capacity, therefore the sale of the LET Specials will be re-opened from now till 01/01/2018 or till stock lasts on the current nodes.

Option 1: New / Extra Separate VM
    • 1.5TB Space
    • 2TB Outgoing
    • Unmetered Incoming
    • 1 VCPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • KVM
    • Choice of OS Templates & ISOs (Including Windows)

$8/Month or $60/Year (These will never be sold / restocked again after 01/01/2018 apart from any future terminates & cancellations)

Option 2: Additional Disk Space to existing VM (Subject to node capacity)
    • Extra 1TB Space

$6.50/Month or $48.75/Year

If you would like to take up either of these offers please reply to the email adding (Offer) to the subject line.

ZXHost Future into 2018

A new website will be launched in early 2018 along with a new range of services & products both LET & Standard price ranges, however products will differ from our standard previous Storage packages.

If you have any other questions please do reply to this email and I will work to answer them as soon as possible.

Apart from that I hope you have a good last few days of 2017 and wish you all the best and good luck for 2018.

Thanks,
    Ashley Merrick

Could not create PVE2_API object lolilol

Finally, I'm part of the "1%" \o/

Makes me feel warm inside, as if Ashley's semen was deep in my butt.

• It took a very long time, but it was good to finally having an update.

I also had his confirmation that refunds will be processed in January as initially stated.

He seems to be fighting to get back in his feet, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Let's see how things play out.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2017

Interesting, now I'm sure I can't fix it on my own:

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

as said above I reached out to Ashley again by replying to that mail from today (as it suggested) and finally got an answer!

It says that only at the moment he's unable to refund on services/payments that are already outside of the 180day dispute window - my guess that's most likely because his paypal account still may be limited heavily and therefore only allowing him to send money as refund on such disputable payments...

He's looking forward to have all open disputes cleared out early january and to be able to also refund others after that. my guess again: once he dealt with the open disputes paypal will lift some restrictions so he can make use of his account more freely.

let's hope it plays out well, at least I am calmed down for the moment and will give it some more time again. end of january is the date when I am running out of the 180 days window for the first of three disputable payments - we should have this solved by then I guess ;-)

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • It figures, I'm part of the 1% when I don't want to be :P. My DE server is still offline AND both of my CA servers went offline (more recently than the DE server) and aren't bootable :/. My DE server also no longer shows up in my control panel :(.