Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2017

Tickets are being closed, Virtualizor is not loading the list of virtual servers. Just hangs after I log in. VPS also not working.

Guess I'll wait a bit.

Looks like closed = fixed :P

• My ticket is being ignored I guess.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I paid in September 6th for the 2TB 3 years up front, so still within my 180 days thankfully. The lack of communication is annoying, last email was 23rd Nov. Even a "Okay we note you haven't responded for a alternative server, therefore we've put you on the list for a refund" would be nice.

• so my initial ticket got closed automatically the second time by now after 14 days without any reply. I just opened a new one to avoid being pushed down the queue, will see how this works out.

I am quite disappointed to not receive any kind of answer at all :/

• @tarasis said:
    I paid in September 6th for the 2TB 3 years up front, so still within my 180 days thankfully. The lack of communication is annoying, last email was 23rd Nov. Even a "Okay we note you haven't responded for a alternative server, therefore we've put you on the list for a refund" would be nice.

I doubt you'd really enjoy getting email "you don't want a new server so... well, screw you, caveat emptor, thank you for your $100 anyway, xoxo"

Don't expect a refund - that's not how it works with one-man hosts.

• Mine cannot boot up any more. I've tried several times.

@svmo said:

You - never know till you test it .. tried to enable rescue mode myself ...
    ... and got a theme error on the web interface that went away after a few minutes ...

VNC does work in recue mode .. networking seems to be configured OK with ssh on port 22
    Your VM disk is /dev/vdb - and not mounted by default - mount and chroot into it

You can send ctrl/alt/del from vnc mode / then press esc / and you will get a qemu? boot menu

Disable rescue - and restart vm from web if works as expected.

• @GustafRiemann said:
    Mine cannot boot up any more. I've tried several times.

A little more information, would be nice, if we are to help you recover...

• Which Linux version do you have on the VM
    • I would also suggest you check Logs and Status Logs in the Virtualizor web interface

Suggested course of action:

• power off and put in rescue mode from Virtualizor web interface
    • once in rescue mode - try to start VM -
    • check the Logs in Virtualizor - if any error here you will need to open a ticket with @AshleyUK and quote the error message from the logs

If logs show succes your VM is OK and you should be able to:

• ping your VM's IP - to verify the VM is running
    • open a VNC terminal in the browser by using the Virtualizor web Interface

If you manage to get rescue mode running and have doubts on how to proceed let us know ...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Falzo said:
    so my initial ticket got closed automatically the second time by now after 14 days without any reply. I just opened a new one to avoid being pushed down the queue, will see how this works out.

Probably wise and also seems OK ...

I am quite disappointed to not receive any kind of answer at all :/

I agree that communication from Ashley has been less than stellar ..

On the bright side however is that Ashley - until now - has delivered on his stated intentions ...

Those who wanted - are getting new VM's - and I think that those of you who wanted out will have to accept that resources - both time - which is likely a limiting factor - and probably also som money for Hetzner are being put into relocating and setting up at Hetzners.

Remember we are talking major disaster recovery here:
    quote: "...After our recent full CEPH Thursday 16/11/2017 resulting in 90% of our customer base being unavailable ..."
    emphasis is mine

Given the effort being shown here I would also find it likely that Ashley will make good on his other intention

if we do not hear from you we will work to start processing pro-rota refund's as and when possible.

... but you may likely have to wait till january - as originally stated -

If at that future point zxhost is unable to operate and money is not there - no amount of Paypal chargebacks now will secure you a refund - rest assured that Paypal will get their complaint processing fees first.

So relax , drink some beer, and watch in awe the recovery attempt we are witnessing ...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Yura said:
    My 180 days are over too. What are our options if he decides not to refund?

Chargeback trough your bank.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

And prepare to get banned by paypal.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member
    edited December 2017

@MagicalTrain said:

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

I believe, I raised a Paypal dispute perhaps once or twice, after using PayPal for about a decade or so. I never had a need to chargeback before. But being so frequently on LET... It's perhaps bound to happen sooner or later. I don't want to initiate dispute or chargeback, never a fan of such measures.

Are you sure Paypal will see this as a bannable offense? They don't offer protection after 180 days and I certainly don't get the service I paid for, there is basically no communication and no refund for 2.5 years of paid service. Seems like a Catch 22.

I seriously doubt that Dom would suggest such an action to potentially put my paypal account into a jeopardy. But thanks for heads up.

P.S. Opened new ticket on Monday and waiting Ashley's response. Rooting for a graceful resolution.

• My VPS is down for over 2 months. WTF..

@MagicalTrain said:

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

I’m the last one to recommend such measures, but I don’t see a genuine alternative here. I’d recommend same if you told me you bought holidays to Miami with a travel agent that is not responsive and didn’t provide you with the trip.

For a proper chargeback ? Not one that abuses the system and opens you up to some nasty fraud charges ? For the actually not delivered service ? I’m yet to hear of such a case. I can’t imagine they would be allowed to stay as a merchant long if they denied the very basic protection that everyone of the big 3 (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) offers. Not to mention the bad press. This comes as a package.

You can, of course, try talking with PayPal but you’d need to be extremely lucky for them to willingly take a hit when the other side does not have money on the account and the protection expired.

And chargeback on the debit (not Credit) card might fail if the merchant doesn’t have money on the account. It doesn’t mean one shouldn’t try to get their money back if they feel are legitimately wronged.

• @Clouvider said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

I’m the last one to recommend such measures, but I don’t see a genuine alternative here. I’d recommend same if you told me you bought holidays to Miami with a travel agent that is not responsive and didn’t provide you with the trip.

I dont have an opinion on that. If a chargeback is justified, thats how it is.

For a proper chargeback ? Not one that abuses the system and opens you up to some nasty fraud charges ? For the actually not delivered service ? I’m yet to hear of such a case. I can’t imagine they would be allowed to stay as a merchant long if they denied the very basic protection that everyone of the big 3 (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX) offers. Not to mention the bad press. This comes as a package.

>

You can, of course, try talking with PayPal but you’d need to be extremely lucky for them to willingly take a hit when the other side does not have money on the account and the protection expired.

This and the paragraph above is closely intertwined. In the past, how it was is that after the 180 days paypal will not grant you a chargeback. (you can always try ofc, but I havent heard of it) And if you chargeback through your bank, paypal will be hit by the chargeback process and has to pay out of pocket+whatever chargeback fees. Which is why they will close your account until you pay them back.

And chargeback on the debit (not Credit) card might fail if the merchant doesn’t have money on the account. It doesn’t mean one shouldn’t try to get their money back if they feel are legitimately wronged.

Not saying otherwise, but paying through paypal has its advantages and disadvantages. You gain paypal protection, but you basically lose cc/bank protection unless youre ok with losing your paypal account.

Trying to contact paypal and getting them to chargeback even after the 180 days is your best bet. Calling them is my recommendation. Actual persons on the phone are always more inclined to help if you can show why you have been wronged.

• I wish I placed orders with the fund from bank, however as I almost order hosting with my available PayPal balance, there is no way for me to fire a chargeback with my bank. It seems that I have no hope of returning a part of my $360 from their services.

The thing I regretted is that I did not fire a PayPal dispute on time (within 180 days). It seems that waiting for a provider for several weeks without any response is a bad practice, at least for customers.

Now this would ring a bell for many people here. I know that all providers hate disputing, however, is there any "standard" / "normal" waiting time that you can suggest us the clients? I am afraid that many customers will be frustrated on waiting and creating more and more impatient clients for other cases.

I think you’re mixing two procedures here.

Chargeback is on the cards.
    PayPal disputes are on PayPal.

It’s the merchant / PayPal Seller that gets hit with the chargeback fees, as well as, by the contract needs to repay PayPal and not the buyer.

• @Clouvider said:
    I think you’re mixing two procedures here.

Chargeback is on the cards.
    PayPal disputes are on PayPal.

It’s the merchant / PayPal Seller that gets hit with the chargeback fees, as well as, by the contract needs to repay PayPal and not the buyer.

Yes, but if you chargeback on your card, the CC company (or bank) will try to retrieve the money from paypal. And at the very least here in Germany Paypal has closed accounts for this.

For non-fraudulent claims or for the claims where one pretends to be a different person and claim unauthorised ? These are two very different things.

• I'm glad mine is only a small amount that I can afford to lose. I think after the ceph death the customer refunds should have been dealt with first before creating new services/servers then see what money was in the pot.

• @lurch said:
    I'm glad mine is only a small amount that I can afford to lose. I think after the ceph death the customer refunds should have been dealt with first before creating new services/servers then see what money was in the pot.

Yes but their PayPal account was limited so no refunds can take place and it probably still is. So no point on beating a dead horse is there?

Thanked by 1svmo
  • Ashley has provided me a replacement VPS on Hetzner with the same config as the one on CEPH, the problem is that is very unstable, now is currently dead, I've opened a few tickets but he never solve completely my problem, I don't know what to do, do you think that Paypal dispute will work or I just need to hope that Ashley will stabilize my new VPS?

• @zafouhar said:

@lurch said:
    I'm glad mine is only a small amount that I can afford to lose. I think after the ceph death the customer refunds should have been dealt with first before creating new services/servers then see what money was in the pot.

Yes but their PayPal account was limited so no refunds can take place and it probably still is. So no point on beating a dead horse is there?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8FswjRpmFXU

• @etilico said:
    I just need to hope that Ashley will stabilize my new VPS?

Do you honestly believe this?

• Welcome among those who elected to stay :-)
    My new vm - as well as others - did initially have poor performance but is now running perfectly,
    hopefully yours can be sorted out as well ...

@etilico said:
    Ashley has provided me a replacement VPS on Hetzner with the same config as the one on CEPH, the problem is that is very unstable,

Work the problem, and please be more specific .. then we might be able to help you pinpoint the root of the problem.

now is currently dead,

Have you tried booting rescue mode in Virtualizor .. ? - Whats in the Virtualizor loga - ?

I've opened a few tickets but he never solve completely my problem, I don't know what to do, do you think that Paypal dispute will work or I just need to hope that Ashley will stabilize my new VPS?

A Paypal dispute will not get you a working VM if that is what you desire.
    Being precise in your description of the problems you have - and collecting and submitting precise information ... might.

• My new VPS is on node he01. Now is totally unreachable.
    I also cannot access the CP, after login is stuck in "loading" state and doesn't work.
    I know that with the Paypal dispute I won't have a working VM but at least I'm going to have my money back which is better than nothing.

• @Clouvider, @MagicalTrain, I spoke to Paypal representative and it was a very pleasant discussion. They suggested me to explore any and all legal opportunities to resolve this situation. They won't bear a grudge against me if I will chargeback. Even more - Paypal is the one to recommend it.

@ashleyUK, please, communicate!

• @etilico said:
    My new VPS is on node he01.

FYI he01 dot zxhost dot co.uk - is not the node your VM is running on but the machine running the control website for all nodes running VM's under the new system.

Now is totally unreachable.
    I also cannot access the CP, after login is stuck in "loading" state and doesn't work.

I just checked and I am able to login ... you might try clearing browser cache and cookies

You will likely have recieved an automated e-mail which includes VNC details for your VM.
    I got it a day after I recieved the setup answer to my ticket.
    The VNC IP in that mail - is the node actually running your VM - check if that is alive with ping
    If it is then for good measure try pinging your VM IP - to see whether it is actually running but stuck ...

I know that with the Paypal dispute I won't have a working VM but at least I'm going to have my money back which is better than nothing.

Well - you got a new VM - I'm sure whatever initial glitches there are are fixable ..

• @etilico said:
    My new VPS is on node he01. Now is totally unreachable.

he01 here too. And I can tell you, everything is working fine on my side. Yes, I finally didn't get what I ordered but so far it's working good.

Check again before loosing everything!

Thanked by 1svmo
  • Ok, got it.
    Now I can access the CP, it says that the VM is offline, when I try to restart the VM it says: "The operation could not be Completed."
    In the VM logs the same, status: There was some error while starting the VPS, Progress: Task could not be Completed.

I haven't received any VNC related email :(
    The VNC box accessible via CP has no info about port or IP.

• Does anybody on old or new Hetzer machines have IPv6 support running?
    Without it, the vps is rather un-usable for me.