Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled

1235»

Comments

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@Frost said:
    Lol, burst gave people different hardware setups, only one disk and sometimes blank disks, clearly they must have ripped the disks out of the VD servers so they can offer them themselves.

Burst is such a shitshow

Can't see why they would do that since HD's are so cheap and easy to come by compared to other things. Someone the size of Burst would probably have hundreds or maybe even thousands of those things lying around. So I gotta call BS on your statement.

Only reason I could see them doing that is to try get the customers data off of it. Perhaps that is what you mean't.

• c0yc0y Member

@sman said:
    Can't see why they would do that since HD's are so cheap and easy to come by compared to other things. Someone the size of Burst would probably have hundreds or maybe even thousands of those things lying around. So I gotta call BS on your statement.

Maybe you should try use your brain more instead of calling everything bullshit: I obviously mean they would rip the drives out so they could put them in new servers and sell those servers to ex-VD customers with data and everything on it.

• smansman Member

@Frost said:
    Maybe you should try use your brain more instead of calling everything bullshit: I obviously mean they would rip the drives out so they could put them in new servers and sell those servers to ex-VD customers with data and everything on it.

Why? Are we talking windows servers as well? Oh and if they have RAID cards then you gotta take the raid cards as well. But then what if your servers don't have PCI slots or PCI-x or whatever the raids use.

So right back at you. Did you really think that statement of yours through? We aren't talking a half dozen servers here either. I could see them maybe taking the whole server and firing it up. I think they may have mentioned that possibility.

• c0yc0y Member

@sman said:
    So right back at you. Did you really think that statement of yours through? We aren't talking a half dozen servers here either. I could see them maybe taking the whole server and firing it up. I think they may have mentioned that possibility.

Think of it: they got their whmcs too. And you can pull a disk from a raid 1 array while it runs ;-)

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

They just replied to the WHT thread:

To all current VolumeDrive clients',

We apologize for lack of updates during this migration process. We have been working endless nights and days to restore access to every single customer. At this point, we are nearing the completion of all services being restored. If anyone is still offline, please open a support ticket. Your continued patronage and loyalty is greatly appreciated.

Please contact if you have any questions that you'd like to discuss with us. We will be issuing a credit for downtime during this difficult migration process.

Thank you again for your support.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8823494&postcount=1611

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • cupidcupid Member, Host Rep

Look at that :-()

Hello,

As you are likely aware, recently there was an issue with VolumeDrive abandoning a good portion of their servers in our facility, after defaulting on their contract us. A good portion of their servers are actually owned by a leasing company, and as it turns out, they were also in default with that vendor as well. BurstNET has already been contacted by this leasing company, and has permission to take over any of the servers left with us.

We are sending you this notice because your specific server(s) is currently located in our facility, and we are offering you the opportunity to bring the service back online directly on our network. Any server not contracted with us before September 20, 2013 will be returned to the leasing company, and at that point, any data in the server will be lost.

If you wish to have your server brought back online please open a ticket to [email protected] as soon as possible with the ServerID# you had with VolumeDrive and we will guide you in what steps you need to take to bring your server back online.

Please note that the Sales department keeps normal weekday hours of 9AM to 5PM EDT Monday to Friday so responses to your tickets may be delayed however we will be periodically checking over the weekend so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Regards,
    BurstNET
    Sales Dept

BurstNET® - an INC500™ Company

BurstNET® - The Speed the Internet Travels™

To place an order, or for more info, contact;
    BurstNET® - [email protected]
    PO Box #591 Scranton, PA 18501-0591 USA
    Unit #31, Greenheys, Pencroft Way, Manchester, M156JJ UK
    Phone (US) +1.5703432200 - Fax +1.5703439533
    http://www.burst.net & http://www.burstnet.eu

Copyright 1996-2013 © - BurstNET® - All Rights Reserved.