Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive may have DeadPooled

Comments

• @DomainBop said:
    BurstNet finally stopped announcing VD's IP space and VD is now single peered to AS33597 InfoRelay Online Systems. InfoRelay has a better network than Burst (which I know from my experience as a Host Virtual customer because their US network relies heavily on InfoRelay)

InfoRelay rocks and it isn't a cheap option either :)

• GienGien Member

i see volumedrive is back online, atleast there website. Still no news on most people servers..

all seems very fishy..

• @Gien said:
    i see volumedrive is back online, atleast there website. Still no news on most people servers..

all seems very fishy..

Just saw on WHT some servers are back. VD has problems to release their IP blocks from BurstNET.

However, I guess VD will suffer a lot of imagedamage coming days.

• @Gien said:

all seems very fishy..

I hear some servers are back up.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Well. We all know that some of VD servers are with BurstNET's datacenter at this point. I doubt they'll make any money since people probably going to get the backups if they're lucky enough and move somewhere else.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited August 2013

And I think Inforelay should cost them more than Burst

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

@dnwk said:
    And I think Inforelay should cost them more than Burst

InfoRelay definitely costs more. Unless they're planning on increasing their prices they're going to have a hard time turning a profit. InfoRelay also isn't going to put up with the spammers and botnets that VolumeDrive is infamous for hosting.

Based on the traceroute from HostVirtual at InfoRelay 60 Hudson St, VD's main website is in the same DC. Info on 60 Hudson

traceroute to 204.124.180.67 (204.124.180.67), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
     1  69.169.80.217  0.341 ms  0.315 ms  0.299 ms
     2  69.169.80.61  0.317 ms  0.307 ms  0.298 ms
     3  199.115.248.254  0.422 ms  0.488 ms  0.629 ms  <--LGA1/60 Hudson St
     4  204.124.180.67  0.589 ms  0.580 ms  0.565 ms</pre>

• Looking forward to them being kicked out.

• Any word from VD regarding this yet? Someone please update me.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@Setsura said:
    Looking forward to them being kicked out.

Pretty much this.

• GienGien Member

@DomainBop said:
    InfoRelay definitely costs more. Unless they're planning on increasing their prices they're going to have a hard time turning a profit. InfoRelay also isn't going to put up with the spammers and botnets that VolumeDrive is infamous for hosting.

As they did with with Burstnet.. dont cover the running cost and then skip town..

@Setsura said:

Only time will tell. I just recently looked at there offers, prices are good. Would love to see those somewhere in NL :D but then again, who will challenge there pricing if they sell below cost

• dnwkdnwk Member

@DomainBop said:

So is VD going to run away from Inforelay again pretty soon?

• are they dead or not?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Setsura said:

+1

• Plans are the same price as a lot of LEB hosts, that's quite good for a 'major' company!

• smansman Member

@asterisk14 said:
    Plans are the same price as a lot of LEB hosts, that's quite good for a 'major' company!

With all the money they save on doing the dine and dash with their colo providers why wouldn't they be.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Plans are the same price as a lot of LEB hosts, that's quite good for a 'major' company!

What's major about them except their turning tricks?

• @serverian said:
    What's major about them except their turning tricks?

Well there's a certain provider in Buffalo who claimed that 200 VPS nodes made him one of the "big boys", so I imagine VD's 1000 servers would make them "major" by comparison. :)

Thanked by 2Zen Jeffrey
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@DomainBop said:

you are implying Cx?

• http://volumedrive.com is loading fine from here.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@Jack Nope only burstnet. One which hasnt been online in over 7 days (still awaiting support reply).

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Fortunately our fallback system worked for most people and those that it didn't work for (e.g those who needed a set ip for firewalls) got transferred elsewhere.

Burstnet is a joke. And so it also seems is VD.

• xsetxset Member

@splitice what kind of fallback system? What kind of services?

• @Jack said:
    gsrdgrdghd moved in June/July.

That was lucky, I remember you moaning about them a few months back.

• jakejake Member

I thought VolumeDrive were moving into their own facility in PA according to Shawn from BurstNET? Now it's InfoRelay NYC?

I cannot see how they can sustain the prices they offer in New York City, InfoRelay isn't cheap either.

• they seem to be back online but they will take a lot of hit

• my server now up...

• What kind of response are people getting from VD?

• c0yc0y Member

Lol, burst gave people different hardware setups, only one disk and sometimes blank disks, clearly they must have ripped the disks out of the VD servers so they can offer them themselves.

Burst is such a shitshow