Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found cheap VPS in Poland - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Found cheap VPS in Poland

Comments

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

serverfood said: any way for outsider to purchase in there?

I'm not Polish and I purchased back in November.

First there was a 12mo promotional offer for each plan, for a maximum of three VPSes. Then, it seems they allowed only 1VPS for each promotional time-span (so, 3mo/6mo/12mo instead of 12mo/12mo/12mo). Then, people started reporting it wasn't possible to input a country that wasn't "Polska" when registering a new account (and from what I see, it's still true).

So, you're better contacting them via mail and ask them why the drop-down menu "Kraj" doesn't allow different options on the registration page.

• lemonlemon Member
    edited January 2018

@Aidan said:

lemon said: doubled the cpu (2 vcores)

Did the performance double as well, or is it only on paper?

not doubled, but from 50 H/s to 90 H/s on cryptonight

PS: No, I don't use that vps to mine, I was just curious how the cpu performance was, so I did a quick test run.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @lemon said:

@Aidan said:

lemon said: doubled the cpu (2 vcores)

Did the performance double as well, or is it only on paper?

not doubled, but from 50 H/s to 90 H/s on cryptonight

PS: No, I don't use that vps to mine, I was just curious how the cpu performance was, so I did a quick test run.

Usually, we use Geekbench/etc to test it, though that'll work :P

That's really odd, they doubled the CPU allocation with no notice..?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

They promoted NVMe Start to NVMe Biznes with no notice. This includes RAM too.

I still don't get the doubled disk space except in the Panel Klienta, @lemon where do you see it? Did you reinstall? I have only /dev/sda1 25G

• lemonlemon Member
    edited January 2018

@mfs said:
    They promoted NVMe Start to NVMe Biznes with no notice. This includes RAM too.

I still don't get the doubled disk space except in the Panel Klienta, @lemon where do you see it? Did you reinstall? I have only /dev/sda1 25G

Well, I have 2x NVMe Start, the first one 12 month the second one 6 months.
    I just saw the doubled disk space in proxmox control panel

(/dev/sda1 50G)

Then I looked on htop and saw 2 vCPU instead of one, and as I monitor my servers I looked into librenms and saw this

on the second server too:

But there was no more disk space on the second server (/dev/sda1 25G)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

lemon said: there was no more disk space on the second server (/dev/sda1 25G)

I see, I only wonder if we'll see some dirty tricks down the road (some Polish users warned about unsavoury practices from this provider on the first pages of the thread)

I got no mails as well, not even in the spam folder (except https://www.nazwa.pl/mailing-15-01-2018/ but it seems to be unrelated); I'm going to reach out nazwa and ask them directly why they silently rebooted and upgraded those VPSes and if this is supposed to mean something more in the future..

• I can confirm the doubled disk space, check with fdisk -l , you might need to resize your partition/fs to make use of it of course.

proxmox might be a different case if it's using lvm thin, dunno...

• @Falzo said:
    I can confirm the doubled disk space, check with fdisk -l , you might need to resize your partition/fs to make use of it of course.

proxmox might be a different case if it's using lvm thin, dunno...

I don't use lvm with proxmox, as they dont allow custom ISOs, i had to use the debian 9 template and install proxmox over it. They expanded the partition for you.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

Falzo said: I can confirm the doubled disk space, check with fdisk -l , you might need to resize

I did check with fdisk -l and

Disk /dev/sda: 25 GiB

I've rebooted again and now it's

Disk /dev/sda: 50 GiB

(/dev/sda1 is still 25G as expected)

• @lemon said:
    They expanded the partition for you.

# fdisk -l
    Disk /dev/sda: 50 GiB, 53687091200 bytes, 104857600 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device     Boot Start      End  Sectors Size Id Type
    /dev/sda1  *     2048 52428766 52426719  25G 83 Linux

not for me but that's no problem anyway...

can't remember if I used their template, but .bash_history at least shows that I purged qemu-agent directly after the start ;-)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Falzo said: I purged qemu-agent directly

same

• lemonlemon Member
    edited January 2018

Make sure to purge cloud-init, thats just crap.
    But ok cool, reboot shows second server /dev/sda 50GB, but i removed qemu-guest-agent there too, thats why there was no resizing.

Now i just have to find a way to expand this, normally I use gparted live iso, but thats not possible in this case :(

Edit: Ok fdisk and resize2fs did the job just fine.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Seems it's only cheap if you buy for 3 months now?

If I change to 6 months or 12 months price is really high

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

lemon said: Make sure to purge cloud-init

removed that too

Just received an email from them (entirely in Polish) stating that I'll be contacted in the next few hours about my inquiry

Mr_Tom said: Seems it's only cheap if you buy for 3 months now?

Yes, they modified the promotional terms quite a bit

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

mfs said: Yes, they modified the promotional terms quite a bit

Seems fair enough.

• @mfs said:

lemon said: Make sure to purge cloud-init

removed that too

Just received an email from them (entirely in Polish) stating that I'll be contacted in the next few hours about my inquiry

Yes they always answer in polish.
    once they send me like 10-15 sentences, google translate made crap out of it, so i asked them to translate it to english. the answer were 3 words.

• Maybe it's an upgrade so that renewal price is for a bigger & more expensive product?

• They changed it for me also, when i bought the server was NVMe Start but the offer then was 4gb ram 1cpu and 25gb hdd. Now in server info i saw they changed my plan to NVMe Biznes also doubled the resources without the ram. Not any kind of notification, just same shitty spammy mails i get daily from them.

• You get daily mails? Damn I should check my spam folder.

• Am i the only one who can't boot up his vps after they made the changes?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

lemon said: they always answer in polish

They made an effort to write in a mixture of Polish and English when I asked for VAT removal back in November. But yeah, always short sentences. I try to be nice and use Polish terms whenever possible

mfs said: I'll be contacted in the next few hours about my inquiry

They didn't get back at me yesterday, now it's CET Saturday morning so I guess they'll reply next week

cpsd said: Am i the only one who can't boot up his vps after they made the changes?

I've rebooted the upgraded instance more than twice since this change and I had no issue. Is there really nothing helpful in Openstack's dashboard to aid in debugging? Log, console..

• There is not any log or console available right now in my vps. If I turn it on, in a couple seconds it forces a shutdown. Damm it. I will wait for their support.

• Ok cool my third server which i bought as buiznes now got upgraded too, 4cpu and 100gb disk, ram still 8gb

• athensguyathensguy Member
    edited January 2018

does it come with DDOS attacks? and what is the price for extra IP4?

As I can see we have lately some bad reviews about service.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

lemon said: my third server which i bought as buiznes now got upgraded too

Yup, it was rebooted ~15 hrs ago here.

ram still 8gb

the current "NVMe Biznes" has 4 GB RAM. Anyway, in the Panel Klienta I still see

vCore: 2

RAM: 4 GB

Powierzchnia dyskowa: 50 GB

so details haven't been updated there, given that it's 4vCPU, 100GB disk, 8GB ram: the specs of the current "NVMe Pro" plan.

In all frankness I'm a bit annoyed they silently rebooted and upgraded; even more if this is an excuse to bill more in the future (if I decide to keep some of these boxes)

EDIT: and in fact, if I go and try to extend ( Opłać serwery ) the "former NVMe Biznes upgraded to NVMe Pro but still tagged as NVMe Biznes" I'm asked for 599,88 zł/12 mo, whereas the "former NVMe Start now NVMe Biznes" wants 299,88 zł/12mo

599.88 zł (145€)/12mo is the base price for NVMe Pro

• mfs said: in fact, if I go and try to extend

Yeah that's a way to force people to renew with higher end specs. Really weird, don't give confidence in that provider.

Specs still decent for the price, but ugly business practice...

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

mfs said: so details haven't been updated there

Details have been updated in Panel Klienta on Saturday. Anyway, CET Monday has almost passed and they haven't replied any further to the mail I sent them on Friday.

• I didnt recieve my 2 server still. I bought on november.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

So, I've just received an answer from them. Here is the English translation.

I kindly inform you that the VPS NVMe Start service has been withdrawn from the offer. You have received a message to the contact e-mail address regarding the change of server options to the current VPS NVMe Biznes server.

This doesn't quite add up. The "Start" entry line is still there, and I did not receive any e-mail about this change. Moreover, the "Biznes" server has been upgraded too.

I sense they want to play along the line of subtle differences on the promotional offers. See:

emperor said: when i bought the server was NVMe Start but the offer then was 4gb ram

now the NVMe Start offer has 2GB Ram, so what I believe they are trying to convey is that the "old" NVMe Start has already one of the spec of the current Biznes line.

Too bad that the price difference of the Start and Biznes line is relevant, and the difference between Biznes vs Pro is dramatic. Also, I never agreed to this change and I found nothing in the promotional documents that allows them to unilaterally change the offer, especially if this means an increased burden on the prospective client.

No one here seems to have received any mail about this change. If you have received an e-mail about this upgrade, please tell me so.

Terrible business practice, I'm probably going to cancel these.

56gomez said: I didnt recieve my 2 server still. I bought on november.

Did you try to contact them via e-mail?

Thanked by 1solarman
  • I won't neither renew them.