Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you start bitcoin mining if power is free ? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will you start bitcoin mining if power is free ?

12346»

Comments

• @ricardo said:
    All this deliberation and the OP could've profited by 15 cents by now.

Lolx I aint plan to make tons if money

But 100usd at the end of the month does seems nice :-)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Need to invest some in hardware though if you want to make 100usd.

• @deank said:
    Need to invest some in hardware though if you want to make 100usd.

I am still doing the maths bro

You are looking at low few grand in investment for hardware to make a hundred bucks monthly.

• Last time i try some cpu coin mining with dual x5650 for a month i get around $30 you can get server from ebay with those cpu

• @robohost said:
    Last time i try some cpu coin mining with dual x5650 for a month i get around $30 you can get server from ebay with those cpu

CPU Mining is dead

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

Oh wow, you’re talking work ethics...

This is insulting to read.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

my only thinking is there enough cooling ?

will hardware cost worth later as per investment ? will you be able to resell those hardware in case of failure .

• @Clouvider said:

Care to ellaborate :-(

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@noaman said:

@robohost said:
    Last time i try some cpu coin mining with dual x5650 for a month i get around $30 you can get server from ebay with those cpu

CPU Mining is dead

Monero mining is profitable to mine on CPU still. No real advantage to use even GPUs. The only issue is that the power costs are normally to high to really make money, but since you don't have any cost, it's 100% profit.

I've got 30 disused old servers mining Monero and I can tell you that an old E5 can generate about $0.50 /day. These E5 (v1) boxes are cheap, and you can build a small rig for around $200. So your break even time would be about 1 year.

@hostdare said:
    my only thinking is there enough cooling ?

will hardware cost worth later as per investment ? will you be able to resell those hardware in case of failure .

Cooling isn't generally an issue unless you start a farm of 5+ rigs.

ROI is generally a year but, if you are into it somewhat hardcore, a vicious circle begins. Unless you mine with ancient hardware without resell value, you need to keep selling components before they lose too much value and buy new gears. It's a minor headache on its own.

None of these applies to OP though since he claims the power is free.

• I also want to deal in that what the problem is that I cannot find the authentic trader in this industry.

• @anajames said:
    I also want to deal in that what the problem is that I cannot find the authentic trader in this industry.

My inity goal for mining bitcoin was to add another payment method whe buying hosting

And I thought if i could make a few dollars side of it would be worth it

Now considering the hardware requirements i am more of interested in buying bitcoins or hashing power and mine bitcoins

If i could buy hashing power of 10 USD and generate bitcoins around 9 usd that would be worth it

• noaman said: We are producing around 35-40 mega watt per hour

Say what ?

• More than a light bulb needs, but less than needed to send Mary McFly to 1985

• @Whoa said:

noaman said: We are producing around 35-40 mega watt per hour

Say what ?

Its a coal based capacitive power plant

I am not the owner just an employee

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

noaman said: If i could buy hashing power of 10 USD and generate bitcoins around 9 usd that would be worth it

Why would someone sell the hashing power if they could make 10% more by mining themselves? Makes no sense. This is a gamble. You buy hashing power to mine coin at immediate 'loss' hoping the coin will continue rising in value at which point you might have a profit.

• emgemg Veteran

Epitaph: Here lies the Planet Earth. Its inhabitants converted all their non-renewable energy resources into long strings of random digits and a lot of waste heat. :-(

• @Clouvider said:

noaman said: If i could buy hashing power of 10 USD and generate bitcoins around 9 usd that would be worth it

Why would someone sell the hashing power if they could make 10% more by mining themselves? Makes no sense. This is a gamble. You buy hashing power to mine coin at immediate 'loss' hoping the coin will continue rising in value at which point you might have a profit.

You misunderstood me

Iwas talking about 10%
    loss not profit

Please read the statement carefully again

• @Clouvider said:

Welcome back, amigo. You're on LET, a community whose content gets better by the day!

Thanked by 2Clouvider WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@Clouvider said:

That's why I haven't bothered coming back to this thread. Figured I'd give a shout out to my "No Sliding-Scale Moralities" homies. #ns-sm

Thanked by 2AuroraZ Clouvider
  • @noaman said:

@rahoolm said:
    Wow !! It felt like I am on twitter!! Just like the Hindu Muslim communal war happening on twitter where people are trolling each other for some govt. rule like BanOnDiwaliCrackers or someone saying "Diwali Mubarak"

Well thats out of context

And please dont make this religious

If i was a moderator i would have removed your comment right away :-(

Don't be stupid, there is nothing religious here. I was just talking about trolling which happens on twitter nowadays and was your side when people talking shit instead of an actual answer to your queries. And I don't know what religion you belong to and also not interested to know. I am not a religious man out here to preach someone.

• Let me help you out.
    Yes, it will be profitable. You can make $200k in the first day!