Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service

1235»

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Zerpy said:

@Secured said:
    I can sustain a free DDoS mitigation service at 1 Kbps.

Sounds prem - where do I sign up?

Clean traffic or attack traffic ?

• @Clouvider said:

@Zerpy said:

@Secured said:
    I can sustain a free DDoS mitigation service at 1 Kbps.

Sounds prem - where do I sign up?

Clean traffic or attack traffic ?

Good Lord, are you picky. Who cares a fuck with that kind of traffic! Those fine details are only relevant with cheap 10 Gb or 50 Gb services.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

In the last decade I've read about Matteo's ramblings on various sources, including Italian ones (I oftentimes have to deploy in Italy) and while it's true that the internet is filled with wailing walls and abusive users crying out loud, Matteo somehow constantly misses good chances to appear professional leaving the overall impression that he's "spinning those wheels in the mud" (cit). Even in many cases where his company actually behaved well he succeeds in going in the wrong or in "appearing" wrong. OTOH the "happy users" are never "happy enough" to leave "happy reviews" in amounts comparable to, say, prometeus

It's nice to see that he strives to be sympathetic but if I were in Matteo I'd never attempt any public or private "ticket handling" and I'd leave the PR job to someone posting less, more efficiently and fluent in English

• But isn't that the whole point of running your own business? Being free on how you spend your time & communicate?

Kudos @matteob : you've got a rock'n'roll way to run a business.

Thanked by 1matteob
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@datanoise said:
    Kudos @matteob : you've got a rock'n'roll way to run a business.

Yeah, like my life!

It's nice to see that he strives to be sympathetic but if I were in Matteo I'd never attempt any public or private "ticket handling" and I'd leave the PR job to someone posting less, more efficiently and fluent in English

Maybe yes and maybe no. Do you know that we just won the contract for DDoS Protection of one of major sud america network and my customer said "ehy Matteo, we choosed your company because you not sent us sales but techs (and little sales) guys. They damn know what do and proposed changes on fly without saying (ok i will ask internaly).

This is seflow, like me, no good words and loss of time, we offer solutions not posters. Someone love it, and someone not, buy ehy even marilyn monroe had haters.

cheers

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

Laughing my ass off. Take the advise for granted. You are doing /fine/ - if you weren't spinning those wheels, you'd probably do a lot better.

You have driven countless people away from your business, including me - all because of the childish way in which you interact with people.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@CConner said:
    You have driven countless people away from your business, including me

Not all customers are good customers :-) (like my company can't be good for all customers need)

Sometime some branches need to be cut off to guarantee high level service.

(All companies do this)

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

@matteob said:

@CConner said:
    You have driven countless people away from your business, including me

Not all customers are good customers :-) (like my company can't be good for all customers need)

Sometime some branches need to be cut off to guarantee high level service.

(All companies do this)

"I don't want your money because I don't like you".

That's a just a shit excuse and you know it.

• @CConner said:

Man, nothing personal, i not know who you are.

In every business there are good customer and bad customer (like companies).

Sometime customer's are too high for what he can pay. Sometime it takes too much time for the staff for what he pay and so on.

it's normal business management

• @matteob said:

@CConner said:

Man, nothing personal, i not know who you are.

In every business there are good customer and bad customer (like companies).

Sometime customer's are too high for what he can pay. Sometime it takes too much time for the staff for what he pay and so on.

it's normal business management

You shouldn't make the sale if you aren't willing to provide the product then xd

• WSSWSS Member

I'm available for PR work..

Thanked by 3Zerpy Amitz netomx
  • Just received this email:

Hey John Doe,

ClouDNS is always trying to meet the needs of our customers. During the last few years we were asked multiple times to offer dedicated or virtualized resources in our DDoS Protected Network and finally we can do so!

In the last year we have expanded our infrastructure in Germany in order to be able to offer VPS servers in our DDoS Protected Network. Our new brand is called CloudPrima and the pricing can be seen here:
    https://www.cloudprima.com/pricing/

Would you like to discuss some custom server resources matching your needs?

Thank you for being loyal ClouDNS customer!
    Boyan Peychev
    CEO @ Cloud DNS Ltd
    www.cloudns.net

DDoS protection is not cheap at all here ;)

• @FredQc said:
    Just received this email:

ClouDNS ... expanded our infrastructure in Germany ... offer VPS servers in our DDoS Protected Network. Our new brand is called CloudPrima and the pricing can be seen here:
    https://www.cloudprima.com/pricing/

Just looked. Saw only bla bla.

Maybe their high prices are justified but unfortunately they offer no tangible technical info, not on their servers nor on their network nor on their DDOS-protection.

• @bsdguy said

Maybe their high prices are justified but unfortunately they offer no tangible technical info, not on their servers nor on their network nor on their DDOS-protection.

they use the ddos-protection of kms-hosting.com/combahton.net

• @Butters said:

@bsdguy said

Well, then: Case closed, why would anyone buy very expensive from CloudPrima, riding on kms-hostings back when kms-hosting itself offers kvm VPS ("Root server") themselves, and much cheaper at that?

A word of warning, though: While I trust that kms-hostings DDOS-protection per se is working well, their protection for http seems to be poor (1.5 Mpps) is what some modern web servers handle in totally normal usage. But for everything else they seem to do pretty well and at very attractive prices at that.

• @bsdguy said:

@Butters said:

@bsdguy said

Well, then: Case closed, why would anyone buy very expensive from CloudPrima, riding on kms-hostings back when kms-hosting itself offers kvm VPS ("Root server") themselves, and much cheaper at that?

A word of warning, though: While I trust that kms-hostings DDOS-protection per se is working well, their protection for http seems to be poor (1.5 Mpps) is what some modern web servers handle in totally normal usage. But for everything else they seem to do pretty well and at very attractive prices at that.

Perhaps people want better support? KMS Hosting has TERRIBLE English skills and is usually 1 word replies calling you a cunt for making them do something.

• @6ixth said:
    Perhaps people want better support? KMS Hosting has TERRIBLE English skills and is usually 1 word replies calling you a cunt for making them do something.

OK, if that is really the case I understand if people avoid kms-host.

But still: Why doesn't someone (probably preferably a german speaker) rent a couple of dedis at kms-hosting, plasters KVM VPS on them and offers some of the most attractive DDOS-protected VPS all around for half the price of CloudPrima, still making a very handsome profit?
    I don't know if kms-hosting wants resellers but if they do even that were a nice income source if that reseller offered a good support layer on top of kms-hostings nice offers.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@bsdguy said:
    A word of warning, though: While I trust that kms-hostings DDOS-protection per se is working well, their protection for http seems to be poor (1.5 Mpps) is what some modern web servers handle in totally normal usage.

HTTP Requests are normally measured in Requestes per second, not Packets per second ;) - We advertise up to 1,5 Million Requests per Second - I'm sure thats something for what you need a few racks full of webservers in order to handle the workload with todays typical webapps. Also I'm pretty sure your network stack of a single server will die under 1,5mpps of http requests without using Kernel Offloading tricks, even with using a optimized *BSD kernel.

Did you mind that kms-hosting.com customers dont pay for 24/7 support and other cool stuff which dedicated customers may receive by contractual definition? ;-)

Thanked by 2MikeA graphic
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited October 2017

@Kabeldamagement

For a start I didn't say at all that kms-hosting is somehow bad, quite the contrary. I have no practical experience with them but from what I see, they seem to do a good job at quite reasonable prices.

As for anti-ddos, I used packets per second because that is what's relevant for such a system. You are right insofar as certainly most apps nowadays do not even come close to half or even just a quarter of 1.5Mpps; hell with all the php junk out there, 1.5mpps are far, far beyond what those servers could handle and hence that seems to be plenty good enough.

"Seems" being the core word, because we are talking about the total current a-ddos system capacity and I'm quite confident that there is more than a handful of http servers at kms-hosting.

Now, looking at the first D in DDOS we'll quickly notice that generating 1.5 Mpps (or requests if you like) isn't something, even some evil youngsters couldn't do.
    For comparison: I'm occasionally involved in designing and building servers (usually not http but that's irrelevant here) and I can tell you that handling hundreds of thousands of req/s on a modern async. server is maybe not common but neither utterly exotic.

I happen to know what I'm talking about because I've(and still do) worked on multiple projects where some DDOS mitigation layer is used. The idea behind it is to a) design protocols in a way to not support but make hard diverse attacks (e.g. reflection) and to b) deal with a very bad ratio of legitimate vs illegitimate requests. Well noted, those are, of course, not a-ddos systems per se but rather, say (contrived example) vpn servers which are massively more sturdy than traditional systems. As most (D)DOS attacks are not massive such an "on board mitigation" can go a pretty long way and can take a lot of burden from a dedicated a-ddos system.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@6ixth said:

As you might know, we are Germans - not native English speakers, German language from a non native speaker might sound terrible too - well, thanks for your tolerance, I appreciate it ;)

A wise man once said as you call into the forest, it echoes back. Most of our customers are happy of course - otherwise we would go bankrupt. But yeah, it looks like you have in general problems with multiple service providers due to your friendly attitude - you should may think about it and stop telling people non refuted horror stories :)

• lionlion Member
    edited October 2017

KMSs Protection never worked well for me, after an attack a lot of legitimate users were nullrouted for half a day.

• matteob said: DDoS mitigation service can cost a lot and we today had confirmation that nobody can do it for free

CloudFlare even makes loss on it, yet grows.

You do not need to make profit nowadays to get to an extremely large size and get bought out or change business model (or, in case of CF as well cause global transit pricing to lower).

Large companies, prime example Google Cloud and Amazon's AWS, can also cross-finance the mitigation costs or have it already in place on the edge (eg. on AWS for S3).

Thanked by 2hostdare Francisco
  • BoyanPeychevBoyanPeychev Member
    edited November 2017

Hello guys,

Thanks for sharing CloudPrima in the forum.
    Yes, combahton is our only one upstream right now (https://bgp.he.net/AS205787#_peers). However, we are managing our own network and infrastructure and we already work on our expansion.

Here are the details about the hardware we are offering right now:
    https://www.cloudprima.com/wiki/article/3/

About the DDoS protection, we already use combahton as one of our main data centers in Europe for ClouDNS, and it is working without any issues. The company and the staff are very friendly. They have applied some of our kernel developments into their DDoS protection, which makes their protection for DNS one of the best on the market.

Currently the most small ddos protection vps hosting companies offers VPS services on third party dedicated servers bought from other companies like ksm-host, OVH or whatever, but they do not have any control over the network, hardware and so on. Our goal is not to offer a cheap vps solution, but something better. Do not expect us on the $5 market :-)

Enjoy the service you like and you are paying for :-)
    Thanks again for mentioning CloudPrima here.