Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    I’m glad I don’t have to pay for DDoS protection I don’t need. Why should I subsidise it for all the cunts that run attack magnets.

Even people that are not attack magnets gets ddos attacks these days - piss on someone's food (literally), and you'll get an attack :|

• @Zerpy said:

@Nekki said:
    I’m glad I don’t have to pay for DDoS protection I don’t need. Why should I subsidise it for all the cunts that run attack magnets.

Even people that are not attack magnets gets ddos attacks these days - piss on someone's food (literally), and you'll get an attack :|

I can piss on as many dinners as I like, so long as I’m not dumb enough to give away clues on how to find my infrastructure.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Nah, it's not about whether it's chocking or not.
    Banks want to see a return, no more subsidising ;-).

I too predict monthly charges, or increased one off charges to line up with the market price, will follow sooner than later.

• @drivex said:
    So OVHs DDoS will cost in the future 1 euro/month for Kimsufi dedis, 2 euros/month for SoYouStart servers and 5 Euro for standard OVH servers and +10 euros for bigger pipes per month. My french isn't good enough to understand the terms and if they apply for current customers.

Online.net price ?

• dragon1993 said: Online.net price ?

€20.00/month for "advanced" & €70.00/month for "curative" ddos protection @ Online.net

Standard protection is included, though it's rather useless.

what's the curative one ? One where you can call and they'll adjust I presume ?

• Hopefully they spend some of that extra money on SUPPORT!

• @Clouvider said:
    what's the curative one ? One where you can call and they'll adjust I presume ?

The advanced one (20 eur) gets support and customization as well, the curative is just geared towards people that gets a lot of attacks, and it offers 24/7/365 for filter adjustment and SLA for the protection actually does it's job

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

matteob said: Please @Amitz @AlexJones keep my company out of that discussion, we have different services and is off topic.

Well, it is quite ironic that you created the topic and named it "Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service". Not the best thing to do if you wish to keep your scam operation business out of scope.

• @CConner said:

matteob said: Please @Amitz @AlexJones keep my company out of that discussion, we have different services and is off topic.

Well, it is quite ironic that you created the topic and named it "Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service". Not the best thing to do if you wish to keep your scam operation business out of scope.

thank you for giving your important and professional contribution to the thread. Now you can go back to play with dolls.

• Professional as always.

Thanked by 2Pwner CConner
  • @Amitz said:
    Professional as always.

If moderator allow that a tagger provider say to another one that is a scammer without any probe, why i need to give him respect?

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited October 2017

Ironically, the servers with the best mitigation (game) are excluded from the price increase.

edited October 2017

matteob said: If moderator allow that a tagger provider say to another one that is a scammer without any probe, why i need to give him respect?

If you are trying to make your company look better than XYZ company, in this case OVH, with threads like these. Then why are you returning the favor of replying to a critical comment like mine?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@AlexJones said:

edit because AlexJones edited his reply. so can be canceled

• WSSWSS Member

Well someone's got a case of the dickheads today.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @CConner said:
    If you are trying to make your company look better than XYZ company, in this case OVH, with threads like these. Then why are you returning the favor of replying to a critical comment like mine?

Man have you read the topic? I not tried anything, just reported a tweet. I not try to show that we're better, our ddos protection is not free and is costly then ovh. I understand you if i came here writing: ehy, they charge 2€, i'm free! But no, sorry, we offer different service wit them, not better....

edited October 2017

and @matteob gets his wheels spinning in the mud again, why?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@Clouvider said:

Maybe my attitude, maybe because another provider considered me a scammer because i reported the tweet :-)

edited October 2017

matteob said: Man have you read the topic? I not tried anything, just reported a tweet. I not try to show that we're better, our ddos protection is not free and is costly then ovh. I understand you if i came here writing: ehy, they charge 2€, i'm free! But no, sorry, we offer different service wit them, not better....

Oh yeah. You clearly had no intentions other than spread the news.

Choose a different title if you are going to take a stance like that.

matteob said: maybe because another provider considered me a scammer because i reported the tweet :-)

Friendly advice, that shouldn't stop you from keeping your cool and being pro ;-).

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @CConner said:

You understand that "Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service" include my company right? ...

Nah is so funny and i'm latin ;)

edited October 2017

matteob said: You understand that "Nobody can sustain a free DDoS Mitigation Service" include my company right? ...

If you seriously hadn't thought of it, it comes across in a wrong way because your own company is offering DDoS protection services as well.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2017

@CConner said:
    If you seriously hadn't thought of it, it comes accross like "Didn't I tell you that you can't offer DDoS protection for free. See why I charge for DDoS protection?"

Man everybody in the industry said this.... but my scope was to start a discussion and open eyes on people that search cheap/free and powerfull mitigation.

edited October 2017

Any way. For anybody that is interested, I got the post fully translated:

Edit: Someone else seems to have done so already. Oh well.

Thanked by 1ZweiTiger
  • @CConner said:
    Any way. For anybody that is interested, I got the post fully translated:

Edit: Someone else seems to have done so already. Oh well.

It took me ages to translate that shit

• LeeLee Veteran

Saragoldfarb said: Next price change: additional IPs will be charged monthly. Gonna be fun to watch that drama :)

What, you mean like they did a few years back? Yeah that will come.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2017

@CConner said:

matteob said: If moderator allow that a tagger provider say to another one that is a scammer without any probe, why i need to give him respect?

He stated this on general level referring to OVHs decision to charge more for their "free" anti-ddos.

Personally I dont like neither of your hosts, but I'm disgusted of providers that attack on other providers cause they feel insecure about their own operations. If SeFlow is bad, you are an absolute trash.

Besides, Connor youre really toxic anyway.. only your prices are good.. and thats probly all that matters.

Thanked by 1matteob
    edited October 2017

No one seems to be bothered by that, but... How professional of OVH to allow their Customers to learn about a price rise from the community first rather than form the company itself... First email, then blabing on social media...

Thanked by 2Waldo19 Pwner
  • WSSWSS Member

@Clouvider They wanted to get a jump on the Germans this time.