Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is your Top 3? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is your Top 3?

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

a2razor said: It's so so true. Every provider has their "John", "Francisco", etc.

I've dealt with several providers that definitely didn't have a @Francisco

In fact, I've dealt with some that had to call BuyVM's @Francisco because they were so deep in their own shit.

• @JoeMerit said:
    OVH, VULTR, DIGITALOCEAN

why bother with small providers when the GIANTS are cheap.

staph stealing my go-to provider list

• Leaseweb, Linode, OVH.

• what happened to ramnode monopoly?

• @sandro said:
    what happened to ramnode monopoly?

They left the LE* behind and moved onto bigger and better things.

• FredQc said: @Jesus What's your top 3 ?

Dad, Mom & the holy Ghost. But they are not into hosting, so I thought nobody would be interested.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy FredQc
  • @Nekki said:

@sandro said:

Plans look exactly the same as when they were active here.

• @sandro said:

@Nekki said:

@sandro said:

You’re very observant.

• @sandro said:

@Nekki said:

@sandro said:

A number of plans have changed over the past few years, for example, one of their original SSD series is no longer offered. The normal pricing of RamNode was/is at the higher end of LET, but a few years ago they often had good coupons. Those days are gone. They probably still have a number of LET customers, but they no longer seem to actively cater to LET people.

• I wonder if they're still amazing as before (or at least from what I read, never tried them)

• @sandro said:
    I wonder if they're still amazing as before (or at least from what I read, never tried them)

If you mean RamNode, nothing that I've read would suggest otherwise. (I had a VPS with them a few years ago but I'm no longer with them.)

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I think there's not as much love around here as before for Ramnode because the plans are pretty set and they don't run a lot of promos.

Still one of my top providers for quality, think I've got over 1100 days uptime for one of my 128MB VPS's I have with them.

• I believe RamNode did pop in with a BF deal last year, and they still lurk around here. Been with them for years, no complaints, it just works.

• For me it would be these in no particular order:

BuyVM, RamNode, and Linode.

I have stuff running on all of them for stuff that I need stability and reliability.

However, I use oneprovider a lot for development and also for gathering, processing, and curating large amounts of data. If online would allow me to pay via paypal ASAP instead of waiting 3 months, then I would have gone with them but currently oneprovider is not that bad as @WSS makes it seem like. Having 3 little servers right now running a few things, that would have costed me a few hundred if I would have bought individual VMs.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • OVH, Online.net, Hetzner

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    However, I use oneprovider a lot for development and also for gathering, processing, and curating large amounts of data. If online would allow me to pay via paypal ASAP instead of waiting 3 months, then I would have gone with them but currently oneprovider is not that bad as @WSS makes it seem like. Having 3 little servers right now running a few things, that would have costed me a few hundred if I would have bought individual VMs.

You're allowed to have your own opinion. This isn't Soviet Russia (they've got more freedom these days). Opinions are allowed to be wrong, after all.

I'd never use them again. That's just me. I'm waiting for HungryVM to come back because it worked pretty well for like three weeks, which is more than I ever got from op.

• WSS said: they've got more freedom these days

Except in church.

Thanked by 2WSS MikeA
  • DO, HostUS and BuyVM......have too much hosted on these three :D

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • RamNode, VPSDime, SSD Nodes.

• sandrosandro Member
    edited September 2017

ssd nodes developers needs to learn how to make responsive designs...

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

WSS said: Is it like... common for people in LETdom to fuck up their machines and just restart from scratch?

We resell them and need to wipe them when a customer leaves because of customer data protection. That's why, you lovely human <3

• @CConner said:

WSS said: Is it like... common for people in LETdom to fuck up their machines and just restart from scratch?

We resell them and need to wipe them when a customer leaves because of customer data protection. That's why, you lovely human <3

That's just common.

@CConner said:

@Amitz said:

a2razor said: [unless you ask something overly complicated that requires John]

I think John is a bit sick of me calling him about one of our dedicated servers needing a reinstall :P

Nowhere in this statement does it say this was a wipe reinstall.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

WSS said: Nowhere in this statement does it say this was a wipe reinstall.

l o l

• @CConner said:

l o l

You know precisely what I meant, OS killa.

• It makes no sense because there are supposedly excellent providers I simply have no experience with ( @Clouvider comes to mind ) but also because each of us has his own needs profile. What A finds great might be a poor choice for B.

That said ...

• @Prometeus - Just good. Since years.
    • @hostsolutions - cares, customer-driven, rel. large, flexible, good pricing
    • @alphavps - excellent support, customer-driven, just all around good in our segment

Honourable mentioning: @nodion. I'm very happy with my 2 vps there and, man, are they fast. Unfortunately, though, they got profoundly virtkick fucked and seem to be in some kind of hibernation.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • a2razora2razor Member
    edited September 2017

Actually it's worse, I constantly was asking for John with endless requests of routing-shunts. This is back in the glory days (gaming days) before I knew better, back when I put an immense faith in Internap's routing.

--Contrary to most normal people (non picky people, heh), Internap has always been terrible for both myself and players on my servers. I say terrible, yet I mean no better than any cheap bandwidth mixture.

Ultimately it was easier to just buy up budget VPS's to use as proxies for people who had connection issues.

(eg, NAT + GRE tunnel to multiple locations and give players alternatives to choose in connecting to)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Oh my god I remember InterNAP.

• OVH, Online.net, ihor (Russia)

• lusirhelusirhe Member
    edited September 2017

Online.net, OVH, Leaseweb