Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is your Top 3? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is your Top 3?

Comments

• GamerGamer Member
    edited September 2017
    1. @vmhaus - https://vmhaus.com <-- These guy's are solid, awesome Support/Network/Hardware
    2. @exception0x876 - https://wishosting.com
    3. @VirMach - https://virmach.com
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    1. Clouvider.. although the box of chocolates I'm eating through now totally hasn't influenced that :P

2. GoMach5

3. ExtraVM

Thanked by 2GM5 Clouvider
  • hetzner, netcup, ovh

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Anyone who votes for scaleway or online.net ?

• onepound nodion serversnv

• Hetzner, hetzner , hetzner

Thanked by 2Ympker pike
  • Me, myself and i

Thanked by 3yomero sandro miu
  • OVH... and then any VPS/shared provider that has low latency and loadz of uptime are all second. I do most my work on dedis with OVH, and mostly automated stuff on all the rest.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017
    1. @cociu He loves sisters.

2. @francisco Always got a slice.

3. @clouvider Where my chocolates?

• Virmach, host solutions and vultr

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • No particular order: prometeus, speedykvm, inception

• Nekki said: Julia Ann
    AJ Applegate
    Rebecca More

I only have 2, but kinda old...

paz vega
    rachel weisz

• Never get lucky was on here, always get bad experience i don't know.

• virmach, vultr, still waiting for no. 3

• wishosting, zxhost, digitalocean

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @d2itsme said:
    Never get lucky was on here, always get bad experience i don't know.

Nothing to do with luck. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WSS said:
    @Nekki, @AuroraZ, and @MikePT.

Oh. OH!

@VirMach, @AnthonySmith, OVH.

Thank you!

Here's a coupon code for you "lickmewhileimstillwet"

<3

• @Nekki said:

@d2itsme said:

yeah, pay peanuts then my vps got bottleneck, what's my installed just standard program , Just Lamp wordpress on it , but in every afternoon i got disappoint in connection.

• Leaseweb, Do, Vultr

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MikePT said: Here's a coupon code for you "lickmewhileimstillwet"

tried it, expired!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • OVH, Hetzner, Digitalocean

• @d2itsme said:

@Nekki said:

@d2itsme said:

yeah, pay peanuts then my vps got bottleneck, what's my installed just standard program , Just Lamp wordpress on it , but in every afternoon i got disappoint in connection.

So pay more and get something decent then.

• @Nekki said:

@d2itsme said:

@Nekki said:

@d2itsme said:

So pay more and get something decent then.

I try, but i don't know who has to choose, every providers has own perspective ,management and capacity.
    Take look an example dedistation price was good, but when i used it on always show white blank site, in that time, so i have always to restart for database manually inside of it.

Firstly i judged my template web for causing it, but then i found that server was on trouble couple months ago. And until now billed $4 always send to my email like a spam.

• Who is your Top 3 favorite providers?

Top 3 ... damn that's hard. If this was a top 6, I'd have 6 to list. Hell, you could ask for a top 10 and I'd have entries to put in there. There's alot of great providers around.

I guess I'll have to do this with refined criteria first:

Most recent purchases:

SSDBlaze (bulk of web-hosting), BuyVM (DDoS filtered GRE tunnels), DigitalOcean (playing with their new storage offerings)

• SSDBlaze and BuyVM reps have the patience of a saint, seriously. I am a "one of those special customers" who always seem to be writing the complicated requests in setting up services.

To list some more:

Linode (I use them to host a custom Internet bonder [mptcp based] )

• asked them for an IP which geolocates nearby to avoid payment-processor issues, streaming / DNS issues -- (among many other very-specific requests), and they delivered.

NFO-Servers (have had many servers with them: game servers, backup storage, and web hosting)

• not an LET provider, yet service is consistently great and response times are frequently less than 10 minutes. [unless you ask something overly complicated that requires John]

Corgitech -- unfortunately the Dallas location was moved to Psychz. Fantastic provider though, also one of the few who use VMWare at the price level. -- Junaid is one of those ultra patient people too.

TragicServers -- Only provider I've used who's had promotions in the 10$ a year budget that I've kept. As in, remained non-oversold, and stayed usable on grandfathered, dirt-cheap plans. (they work well enough that I keep finding purposes for these VPS's)

CatalystHost -- Bit more costly than TragicServers, yet another low-low end plan provider that I've kept over the years. (20$ a year range) Very good WA routing, high port speed.

Berry Servers -- (Epidrive) Another good ultra-low-end host. Sadly routing wasn't good for me out of Arizona. (specific needs)

IPX core -- The "only" relatively cheap provider I've been able to find who has routing to CenturyLink in Arizona that does not bounce back through LA first.

SpeedyKVM -- If you want SSD storage and dedicated resources, pretty hard to beat them in price for what you get. (make for a great ownCloud picture server)

• Like NFO, packages are sold in bundled units though, so if you need something "specific" it might be an issue. Still, very good provider.
    Thanked by 2SSDBlaze Francisco
  • AnthonySmith said: tried it, expired!

he is dry, atm...

Thanked by 2MikePT Waldo19
  • perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited September 2017

@fransisco never heard bad things about him.
    Nor have any vps problems.

@vpslices im an happy volunteer there.

@ssdblaze am an happy friend for a year now.

• OneProvider, Online.net, GVH

• Dediserve, @francisco, Ramnode

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited September 2017

OVH, VULTR, DIGITALOCEAN

why bother with small providers when the GIANTS are cheap.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

MikePT said: Here's a coupon code for you "lickmewhileimstillwet"

tried it, expired!

Too late!