Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus Cloud (iwStack) Pricing Announced - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus Cloud (iwStack) Pricing Announced

Comments

• @Maounique said:
    Yes, at least for OVZ will continue with Solus since CS does not support OVZ. The others (KVM and Xen) we plan to slowly migrate to the cloud, after we are done with the panel. It adds some options such as snapshots (ending up in something similar with what DO can offer) and we will be able to offer SSD too. The pricing will be different.

So, this means price upgrade?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No, will likely continue our old "cloud" offer, meaning you get the resources and can create VMs out of them, but with local storage, some kind of a solus reseller account. It will obviously not have fail-over, but HA is possible.

• I've got to be honest, this service is mint. I've got an OverZold for RDP, but frankly I use it for a few hours a month and it's idle the rest of the time, and I never come close to using the disk or B/W. Now I can spin up a VPS when I need it, get my work done and spin it down again. Absolutely brilliant.

Now anyone wants to do this in the UK or NY, I'll be your bitch.

• nocomnocom Member
    edited September 2013

With IWStack one week, excellent service, panel and network, couple times reloaded different OS, different web servers, Percona, MySQL, EHCP, two complete websites ~ 6k PHP files.Works like a Charm. 1+ for Prometeus iwStack brand.
    i/o

///// omg save draft not working, preview too - can you just leave coding as is and pay someone who know how to sort-out coding mess jbiloh ///

back to iwStack

BTW paypal accept cc only from selected country list (190 of them)

• @prometeus Can you make the starting funds amount smaller than €30 because I want to try the service or even make it pay as you go by charging credit card (as DigitalOcean do)

edited September 2013

Thanks for the good words :)

@Rami said:
    prometeus Can you make the starting funds amount smaller than €30 because I want to try the service or even make it pay as you go by charging credit card (as DigitalOcean do)

Charging the card is a tricky issue. If the account is hacked or the user has no idea what is doing and keep starting instances without deleting the old, the bill might be big and we do not want to go that way, many people are afraid of that model as shown in the LEB listing.

We also have only paypal for now.

As for the lower starting fee, it is only 15 for existing customers, we need to reduce abuse because if the IPs become dirty will be very hard to control and remove the ones affected by abusers. Also, with the promo, it is further lowered to 10.5 Eur and the 30 Eur for new customers is actually only 21, so, not such a mountain of money.

• @Rami, Their services are good, infact I jst love it. Your credits would not go waste.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:
    Any plans for others? I really want to move my development operations over to iwStack asap :) I will use PayPal if there are no 1-2 month plans for some other processors?

if you're in EU you can do a bank transfer... :-)

As a personal enemy of paypal's ways, I am sorry to force anyone to open an account, however, business is business and has nothing to do with one's preferences past some point.
    We were trying a few in the past month, but it did not turn out well, at least not yet. Since we will be extremely busy with iwstack as well as some other plans (secret for now), it is unlikely we will be able to take care of the payment processors problem too.

@Zen said:
    np, publicly available info?

bank transfer is available on checkout, IBAN/bank info are on the invoice, of course it require the time of the transfer for the setup (I suggest to open a ticket after 24H with a stamp of the receipt from the bank so Daniela know she have to check and it speedup the manual payment logging)

• The only negative with this is that I'm gonna have to cancel stuff from other good providers (and prometeus non-cloud as well :)

Fantastic stuff this.

@bobby said:
    The only negative with this is that I'm gonna have to cancel stuff from other good providers (and prometeus non-cloud as well :)

We were counting on it. This is one reason why we didnt put more servers of the other type of VPSes. Soon there will be another reason for cancellations and we will finally start having stock.

• @Maounique said:
    We were counting on it. This is one reason why we didnt put more servers of the other type of VPSes. Soon there will be another reason for cancellations and we will finally start having stock.

Well, that's the problem with interesting new offers. Personally, I prefer long-term relationship, but when really interesting and reliable new offer appears, it's simply, at times, impossible to resist.

Well, almost impossible. My personal experience with iwStack is strictly Positive. Looks like Italy becomes one of countries I definitely admire for its providers, as well.

Honestly, not having stock is a problem in itself. Every day there are people opening tickets in iperweb.com asking if we are not going away by any chance or telling us there is a problem with the site and the offers are not displaying in browser x or y.
    So, being able to have stock due to people migrating to iwstack or another reason soon, will be solving a problem. This migration was totally expected, if you remember this offer encourages current customers especially to migrate, it is some kind of taking the service to a new level where the entry bar for new customers is higher, however, they will soon be able to get LEBs again and build a history.

I promised some benchmark if nobody puts them in LEB and forgot about that:

root@u1304-32:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  1999.999 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 369 MB
    Total amount of swap : 509 MB
    System uptime :   17:49,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 82.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.68MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.72MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.47MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 28.2MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 52.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 68.9KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.85MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.19MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 9.67MB/s
    I/O speed :  437 MB/s

This is for the lowest instance.

• @Maounique said:
    I promised some benchmark if nobody puts them in LEB and forgot about that:

> Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 68.9KB/s
    > I/O speed :  437 MB/s
    > 

Very slow speed for asia. But your KVM can give around 3Mbps... any thing wrong with the route for the cloud.

Well, it depends which asia, tokyo is within the norm, about 3-4 MB is usual, about singapore, I dont know, at times SJ gives that low result, must be some softlayer weirdness.

• This is one of my benchmark running in the 512MB iwstack

• only paypal ? bad.

• Hm i have seen high downtime in the last evenings, my nagios reported entire connectivity loss, known issue?

@William said:
    Hm i have seen high downtime in the last evenings, my nagios reported entire connectivity loss, known issue?

this evening for 15 minutes there was some weird routing of one of our subnet with level3, other than this I'm not aware of any loss (at least none of our external monitoring noticed it)...

edited October 2013

My ping monitoring the same, last night, it might have been a route failure some place, but I checked when it was supposed to be down, and it was working, at least to a few places.

• yea i could login as well from UPC Austria (AS6830) but my server from EDIS (AS57169) had connectivity issues

• Is the discount for existing customers still there? I never got any coupon

There is no discount per existing customer, never was. The discount applied to everyone, the only difference was that existing customers benefited from a lower minimum deposit as it was unlikely they will start abusing out of a sudden.
    You can open a ticket for a discount :) It is now on a case by case basis.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2013

The discount is expired it seems from their offer email:

As introductory promotion you can use the coupon IWSTACKINTRO to get a 30% discount until September 8th

Yes,the introductory one, however, we still have another IWSTACK20 until the end of this month.