Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus Cloud (iwStack) Pricing Announced - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus Cloud (iwStack) Pricing Announced

Comments

• How about low-end iperweb KvM servers 6.90 GBP for 3 month? What will be happened with that?(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Just to make sure everyone understands because i read some tickets where people express fear we may go out of business and similar things:

1. We are not going anywhere. The fact we do not have much stock does not mean we are going out of business, we abandon LEB market, etc.
    2. All the other servers we put so far and filled (50+) will remain and stock will re-appear when there are cancellations/unpaid VPS. However, it happens rarely because there are not many cancellations (except OVerZold where we suspend a lot for abuse, mostly breaches of ToS) and we give priority to upgrades, instead of releasing stock immediately.
    3. We do not plan to add new servers for the old (non-cloud) plans as long as we did not finish the cloud (this includes successful launch but not cloudpanel launch too, that will be done in time).

However, we will be releasing KVM plans with cloud features (snapshots, multiple machines in same resources, HA, external graphical firewall, own ISO, up/downloadable templates/snapshots, hostbill panel, automatic failover, shared SAN storage, etc). I am not sure we can offer those all, but we try to, as well as a lower end tier with local storage (no failover, but higher disk speed).

So, KVM will move in the cloud with much more features and maybe slightly higher prices, while the other plans will continue to have stock when there are cancellations and people forget to pay, after upgrade requests have been serviced. After the cloud has been launched, we will add more stock for other offers (non-cloud) too. We plan to open other locations also, so, relax, we are not going anywhere, at least dont plan to.

Come on, people, use logic, if we were planning to fail, we were making offers all over, overselling everything, promising what we dont have, lowering prices and putting up annual offers to cash out. Instead we lower the speed of horizontal expansion and try to offer something new, features few people have at a price everyone can afford. This is not easy, I mean the affordable prices, everyone can throw VMWare and works out of the box, is integrated in billing panels and has own panel to control, trying to do something like CloudStack is not so easy, but there are important savings for the customer. So, while there will be a bit of wait (when many people enjoy all those features for free, by the way) and we will no longer be selling some of our popular plans for a while, I think it is worth in the longer run, everyone will benefit.

• neqsteneqste Member
    edited August 2013

Hey IperWeb, i <3 your ISP and your services what you provide.
    When i was come to your operator to buy vps for production, i was looking something very cheap. And i was want only to economy my money. For now i pay extra x3 money for 3 different servers from IperWeb, because they are very stable and very good for me, and for another people!

edited August 2013

Thanks a lot :) When you will need another VPS, just open a ticket, will try to deliver something as we do usually for almost everyone, stock is released for the public when all existing customers have been able to upgrade and got their needed servers. Others make special offers valid only for new customers, for us, the existing ones in good standing will always come first.

• Will it be possible to get more IPs for these?

If you mean more ipv4, yes.

• @Maounique said:
    If you mean more ipv4, yes.

Awesome, I will defintely get one of these when available.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@DomainBop said:

What features made you choose cloudstack over openstack?

when I started to follow them cloudstack was more "organized" while openstack was more a mix and match collection of services and API.

I also liked the fact that the project landed into the Apache umbrella.

In a week or so we hope.

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited August 2013

is the forum down? As I can't access it while I can access the main site

EDIT: site seems to be up but there seems to be some packet loss(indicated by ping)

edited August 2013

No, but i blocked a lot of /16 due to spam, you might be on one of those. I will remove the firewall as i locked new sign ups. Should be up in a few minutes.

@wcypierre said:
    EDIT: site seems to be up but there seems to be some packet loss(indicated by ping)

run mtr to see where the loss occurs. Last time I checked a packet loss case was at l3 border in US, maybe there are lots of packets trying to cross the ocean on l3 highways.

• edited August 2013

Looking forward to exploring this offering when it goes public. I've had an Overzold-brand vps for a while now, but the flexibility&value of the advance offering (particularly the private networking for multiple VPSes) really appeals to me.

We will make sure everyone on LEB/LET knows :) We havent had an offer in a very long time while working for this. Since we also managed to have some instances below 7 $ a month... it is time for a real IaaS offer for LEB/LET :)

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited August 2013

Probably that I'm in the /16 range then. btw, here's the mtr:

and I think that it'd be better to go with the pm to prevent this thread from being cluttered

@Maounique said:
    No, but i blocked a lot of /16 due to spam, you might be on one of those. I will remove the firewall as i locked new sign ups. Should be up in a few minutes.

run mtr to see where the loss occurs. Last time I checked a packet loss case was at l3 border in US, maybe there are lots of packets trying to cross the ocean on l3 highways.

Everything is ready (or at least all major tasks were done :P ). Next week existing clients will receive a coupon to buy some discounted credits and start playing with iwstack :-)

We've put some more informations here: http://iwstack.com

:)

Thanked by 1MichaelMistaken
  • @amarc said:

Sugestion: make somekind of calculator on site where you chose primary plan + primary storage + 2nd storage + XY and it calculates monthly price for you

NIce idea..

• @prometeus: Salvatore, I don't know how you can manage at these prices, but it's awesome!!

edited August 2013

@mpkossen said:
    prometeus: Salvatore, I don't know how you can manage at these prices, but it's awesome!!

I'm setting today what I espect to be prices in a couple of months. We need long term committed clients.
    we give them the usual quality at decent prices and we expect clients to stay with us for years.
    iwStack for us is not to attract people that want to fire up only instances for one hour, of course this is included and we encourage clients to advantage of this flexibility for development, testing, or react to extra load with more on demand resources... but we hope iwStack to become fundament for production scenario, where you put your different applications servers in a private lan, balance load, deploy your own templates and ready to run qcow2 images, etc. In essence a service you can use for production services.

When I and Daniela talked about the direction Prometeus had to take in this market the decision was to bring more quality, more of our corporate experience, not cutting here and there to float around getting those damn $7 in a way or another....

:-)

• @prometeus
    How about CPU Ghz power of this plans?
    How much Basic 384, 512, 1G have CPU Ghz (not cores, i mean core speed)

edited August 2013

The Basic computing offering will use the fair cpu sharing we are using for the current KVM offer, it works well and allow for better peak management for users. Later we may introduce a Biz computing offering with dedicated cpu slices on a dedicated cluster....

• I will waiting for that to make cpu benchmark, on my application main is CPU power (it's use only 2Ghz in peak times (few hours per week)

• Oh, I see there is a google checkout payment method.... cooooool, I will give it a try soon

• First LET tries to kill the VPS market (I read it on WHT so it must be true) and now Prometeus is trying to kill the enterprise cloud market with low pricing. Boycott! (just kidding). :P

Very low prices compared to the competition.

edited August 2013

@DomainBop said:
    First LET tries to kill the VPS market (I read it on WHT so it must be true) and now Prometeus is trying to kill the enterprise cloud market with low pricing. Boycott! (just kidding). :P

>

I'd be worried if we had that power :-)
    We are too small to be even noticed, so hopefully the market is safe!

Very low prices compared to the competition.

We are investing more or less €100K to start this new venture with the hope to gain a decent reputation into the cloud market. If we fail then we can live with it, hardware is mostly already paid and can be used for different services... OVerZloud sound good... :P

However, if service will be good and people will follow and sustain us, then the price is right.... ;-)

• If all things will be good & design will be beauty, you will remember my words in 2014-2015, you will have around 100k+ users on cloud servers.

(digital ocean is good & cheap, but one of the main features why people choising something, it's "design"... People think if the label is beautiful, it is tasty and filling too.

@neqste said:
    & design will be beauty

I hope it will be better once we deploy the new control panel, at launch we will use the cloudstack UI :-)

• TravTrav Member
    edited August 2013

I love this 'pay by the hour' pricing model, can't wait to try this out! There's by times where I just need a VPS for a few hours or so and this will be the perfect fit!

May even transfer some of my other VPSs over to them as for more longer term use, as well. Prometeus is the best in the business.

• If you offer SSD I'm sold.

@kontam said:
    If you offer SSD I'm sold.

not at this stage :-)