Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

€2.99/month dedicated - what's going to happen in the industry? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

€2.99/month dedicated - what's going to happen in the industry?

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2013

@serverian HDD cache/buffer (64MB).
    @black bullshit :) IDE is dead.

• @serverian said:
    How is this even possible on a single SATA disk? This ioping is just a bullshit software.

It's just the Toshiba 1TB drive. Buy 1 and see. The newer drives are a lot faster than the older Seagate 1st gen Seagate enterprise drives.

• @concerto49 said:
    It's just the Toshiba 1TB drive. Buy 1 and see. The newer drives are a lot faster than the older Seagate 1st gen Seagate enterprise drives.

It's not physically possible to have 10K iops on a SATA disk. As @rds100 said, it should be the cache.

• @Maounique said:
    EDIT: I hope this one addresses both issues ?

I for my part wish that you had expressed your opinion in a detailed manner from the beginning, especially you, @Prometeus. If I had known this French company discriminates against individuals on the basis of their country of origin (for whatever reason), I might have held off paying them, and having the money held up at their account.

I'll give it a week, and then lodge a Payment dispute and a chargeback (I paid by different modes). I don't care how large a company is. They have the responsibility of replying to their ticket system, when they have taken money from a person.

• @severian well yeah that's ioping for you.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@joelgm said:
    I for my part wish that you had expressed your opinion in a detailed manner from the beginning

I did, in the past. But put yourself in my position:

1. I am warning people: I am butthurt they will go to OVH and leave me die of hunger;

2. I am not warning them: Tens of threads OVH stole my money, fail to deliver, discriminate, terminate without a reason, etc ! And I cant say I told you so :(

3. I am pointing out a few problems and make some predictions that come true: I am butthurt AND I wasnt clear enough from the beginning...

It aint easy being Maounique, I tell you, whether I am right or wrong, or even inbetween, is the same, @maounique is guilty of something, either for holding back info that could potentially avoid ppl peoblems or for being too forthcoming with opinions about other providers (tho I maintain that OVH is not a competitor for Prometeus) which means our services suck and we are afraid of competition.

Heck, even when I Was NOT affiliated with a host, I was still banned for showing up shortcomings in others.

Sucks to be me :(

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@joelgm said:
    I for my part wish that you had expressed your opinion in a detailed manner from the beginning, especially you, @Prometeus.

I shared my experience after I saw they were doing it something similar again. In my case I received a 5 days termination notice after the services was running and another quarter was paid.

• @Maounique said:
    Sucks to be me :(

LOL'd.

• @prometeus said:
    I shared my experience after I saw they were doing it something similar again. In my case I received a 5 days termination notice after the services was running and another quarter was paid.

Did your refund get processed automatically? Or did you have to bring it to their notice?

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited July 2013

@black

So, you call this IDE?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149380

In fact, I don't think they even make motherboards with IDE headers anymore (at least not for the Atom).

edited July 2013

@Maounique said:
    And I cant say I told you so :(

This reminded me a joke.

A rabi was very fond of golf. He couldnt play all week because was raining non-stop but in the saturday it cleared up and was a superb day. He was itching to go, but was not allowed... In the end he prayed for forgiveness and went to the golf course.

An angel comes to God and tells Him: look that rabi, is going to break your Law...

-i saw, says God, I will punish him.

The rabi swings and delivers directly to the hole...

-Dear God, says the angel, that was the punishment ? That incredible shot ?

-Indeed, he wont be able to tell anyone...

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@xset said:
    nekki how do you know if you have a server or two attached to your orders?

My order progress says that installation to Western European Datacentre is completed, and I'm just waiting on the OS install and 'setup fee', whatever that means.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@joelgm said:
    Did your refund get processed automatically? Or did you have to bring it to their notice?

I'm sure I requested it with a ticket, I have my email. But I cannot access the ticket online (I suppose they changed tts system) so I don't have the replies.

I can suppose they refunded my money.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

@Nekki said:
    My order progress says that installation to Western European Datacentre is completed, and I'm just waiting on the OS install and 'setup fee', whatever that means.

That's an automated notice that is shown to everyone, even those who subsequently had their orders cancelled.

'setup fee'

Thought setup was free.. Now it has a fee?

• @joelgm said:
    Thought setup was free.. Now it has a fee?

It says setup fee but it is 0 euros.

• Oles just said the new KS range netted them 6500 orders, 76% from new clients.

Hum, those are all or just the approved customers ? I mean the cancelled orders are included too ?

• le petit stock de 1000 est parti en 1H. la prod devrait livrer courant de la semaine les sd suivants à GRA.

Nice :)

(From his Twitter: https://twitter.com/olesovhcom)

• xsetxset Member

@gsrdgrdghd does that mean they had only 1000 in stock which were sold out in 1h? but theyre getting more and installing more next week?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    gsrdgrdghd does that mean they had only 1000 in stock which were sold out in 1h?

I think so, looks like they underestimated the demand by 700%.

It might also mean though that they'll have a stock of 1000 in one hour, my french is mauvais

• xsetxset Member

damn, i should check let every minute to be able to get on the offers. Still I think even 1 core atom with 500gb disk is cheap.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    my french is mauvais

It is not your fault, his french is mauvais...

• skaska Member

@Maounique said:
    It is not your fault, his french is mauvais...

So even if that could be the case. How does that matter? Right now the content from this thread I take is "Some guy working for @prometeus is butthurt and throwing all he has at another company in another country because of their regional offer". I guess this is rather bad PR.

Promote what you love, don't blame what you hate!

• @ska said:

I like your sig.

@ska said:
    bla-bla

Welcome to the club of Maounique haters ! They have cookies :)

• skaska Member

@Maounique said:
    Welcome to the club of Maounique haters ! They have cookies :)

You might want to re-read my statement. Maybe have an ice cold icetea. :-)

• xsetxset Member

@ska apple cider the best money can buy!

• @Maounique, maybe you need to cool off a bit. Go out, get some beers and forget about OVH for a few hours.

• blackblack Member

@NateN34

I'm just showing you what they advertise.