Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

€2.99/month dedicated - what's going to happen in the industry? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

€2.99/month dedicated - what's going to happen in the industry?

Comments

• sc754sc754 Member

@asterisk14 said:
    I for one agree with him on some points. I think it will hit some of the backup LEB providers, some of the >$4-7 and above VPS providers, but the ultra LEB providers <$3/month should be mostly OK. I guess the one that are at risk of being hit will have to make the services compete in other areas to get the business like support. Although that will be a tough area for most LEB providers as providing good support is high cost.

I'm surprised providers are so shocked by this, I mean surely most providers are aware that ARM servers will eventually come in and take away most VPS providers customers...

• Can't control to place order even I got tons of Dedicated & VPS right now =)

• rds100rds100 Member

@sc754 ARM servers will have a lot of problems when they come, software incompatibility, etc. The mass server world right now is x86 centric.

• Just called up OVH, if you had signed up when it was 2 cores, you get 2 cores, end of discussion.

@Ruchirablog Well played.

Apparently OVH's dedicateds are better than Maounique's servers..

• bobbybobby Member

Ordered my quota, but not gonna cancel vps' from my favourite providers. However, backup vps' and some others might get axed :(

• @bobby why keep your VPSs?

• Every single hosting forum is talking about them, this is one of the best and cheapest PR stunt they have done on years. It makes perfect sense.

• bobbybobby Member

@chauffer said:
    bobby why keep your VPSs?

Location/network and performance (databases on ssd for example).

• Looks like nothing is gonna happen, seeing that OVH has started cancelling orders. It was too good to be true.

• @joelgm not for Europeans?

• IshaqIshaq Member

My order still seems to be ok.

• bobbybobby Member

Mine seem ok too

• okay here too

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

My order still seems to be ok.

Mine seem ok too
    okay here too

Tell where you are from, [dammit], it's just useless information without that!!!

Because the suspicion is, they are cancelling only all non-EU orders.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Maybe they are canceling all non-EU orders made from sites you shouldn't... They canceled me the UK order and sent me to ovh.es

• bobbybobby Member
    • Not cancelled from eu
  • bobbybobby Member

@Ruchirablog said:

Tried it in real use? My biz hasn't had a single issue for 14-15 months now, and performs great (prometeus brand, though, current wasn't up yet, but same). No way kimsufi can replace prometeus/iperweb and a few other hosts for me.

• @netomx said:
    Maybe they are canceling all non-EU orders made from sites you shouldn't... They canceled me the UK order and sent me to ovh.es

The cancellations are probably from 3 continents: Asia, Africa, Australia. Orders from the EU, North America (if placed through ovh.ie) and South America/Central America (if placed through ovh.es) should be OK unless you placed an order for over 3 Kimsufi products.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hey! I'm in North America :p

• tortautortau Member

I'm located in Canada but have an OVH.fr account which I used to order the Kimsufi 2G. This is an existing account with existing Kimsufi orders and no vat applied.

Got the payment validated email when I ordered yesterday but it wasn't provisioned. Now it says "canceled" beside the product name. No notices yet so maybe what they meant was that it was canceled in the their products catalog and that got reflected in the invoices?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Leaving aside the order cancellations from outside EU and everything, was there ANY order provisioned ?

It seems that you do not need to wait a few months to see how this pans out, at least in some aspects, I was saying they deny service, so far seems to be true.

Naturally, it is too early to see the random cancellations for imagined reasons since i dont think there were too many provisioned, but you will see them, perhaps not everyone, perhaps not in the same time so will be some time until x or y here gets hit, but you will see them.

@rm_, you started to mix prometeus into this, i was telling what happened to me and ppl I know in relation with OVH, you dont believe it, fine, but why would you have to bring prometeus into it ? Because you go the jarland route, you dont have arguments, try to hurt the business so Maounique will lose the job ? It aint gonna work, quit trying, and even if it does, you will have to ban me so you wont be seeing my opinions here. Aldryic managed in the past, you might manage too.

@Ruchirablog please post your kimsufi 3 Eur benchmark. I will do some too, in reply to that.

As for the sustainability of such an offer, you will also see it in the long(er) term.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2013

@Maounique said:
    Leaving aside the order cancellations from outside EU and everything, was there ANY order provisioned ?

It seems that you do not need to wait a few months to see how this pans out, at least in some aspects, I was saying they deny service, so far seems to be true.

Joodle's had his, I think a few other early birds might have theirs too.

I'm not sure anyone's had anything formally cancelled yet, I wouldn't put too much stead in what appears in the OVH manager because most of it seems to be nonsense speak.

EDIT: Customers outside of Europe appear to be having orders cancelled, OVH are now stating on their website the offer is for European customers only.

edited July 2013

OK, we can have a few benchmarks then. Keep them coming.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jack said:
    I ordered when the setup time was 24 hrs.. I ordered at 00:29 so it's coming up pretty shortly...

You ordered about 3 hours after me and I still don't have one, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• @Nekki said:

I ordered 1.5 hour before you and still didn't received anything :/

edited July 2013

So far, as predicted by me:

1. deny service to random people and change of the site to place restrictions, as well as changing specs and delivery times.

2. the offer is no longer unlimited, it is only subject to availability now, therefore "it will not last" part in my prediction is also true.

3. the support (even for billing issues they are guilty for) is barely there.

4. Cancellations happen without notification, etc.

I predicted this offer is not to stay because it is making a loss and all the good pr they got will vanish when they will not deliver. So far it is true.

Anyone else besides rm_ and chauffer to call me names because i work with a provider even tho these predictions are based on my personal experience with them ?

• //enter trolling mode with evil grin on face

@Maounique please post your ....benchmark. I will do some too, in reply to that.
    OK, we can have a few benchmarks then. Keep them coming.

If you want I could post my EG Hybrid benchmark and we can compare. My hybrid will kick your VPS's ass anyday. :P

//exit trolling mode wiping evil grin from face

• @Maounique I'd like to see you handle the kind of load and numbers OVH is dealing with right now.

Oh right, you can't, and never will.

Thanked by 1chauffer
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Maounique You should really step down from all the hate you throw at them, it leaves me with the feeling that there are only unprofessional guys at prometeus/iperweb.

Thanked by 2chauffer Ruchirablog

We got a couple of hundred orders in some 10 hours when we got the OVerZold line put up in LEB. They were all delivered within a few hours including 2 new nodes installed and we are just 2 people while OVH has hundreds.

I am sure uncle will never want to do that again, though, so, a few tens a day are cool and now we are sold out, he works on the IaaS only.