Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 59
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• earlearl Member

This whole thing was a total waste of time after waiting for days they have now emailed me that they will be processing my refund.. just as well anyways, don't want an i5 that only comes with 1 ipv4.

• xsetxset Member

@earl youre not in eu I presume?

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@miguelq what happened with volume drive?

• wychwych Member

@earl said:
    This whole thing was a total waste of time after waiting for days they have now emailed me that they will be processing my refund.. just as well anyways, don't want an i5 that only comes with 1 ipv4.

I am gutted we can't get more IP's too.

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2013

@xset said:
    earl youre not in eu I presume?

No I'm in Canada, but when I made my purchase they did not have the limited to EU only clause, which they put on their website the day after I bought and paid for the server.

Just to add, it erks me that they can change the terms on a whim and when they put something wrong on the ad they won't even honor their mistake kinda like false advertising.. really losing confidence in ovh, not sure I would feel safe hosting anything important with them..

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2013

@wych said:
    I am gutted we can't get more IP's too.

Yup! I see some lucky folks got provisioned the E3's instead of the i5 but with only 1 ipv4 it would be pretty useless for me, so it works out pretty well that I'm getting a refund otherwise I'd be stuck with it for 3 months, lol..

• @earl said:
    otherwise I'd be stuck with it for 3 months, lol..

You can order 16G for 1 month (at least I did)

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2013

@vedran said:

In the initial offering you can only choose a min of 3 months prepay not sure if they changed that now to allow 1 month as the min.

--update

Just checked and it seems they have the 1 month payment as an option now.. could have sworn when I signed up they have the 3 months min term posted on the website.

• Can now order outside EU?

• earlearl Member

@ravenchad said:
    Can now order outside EU?

Nope, still limited to EU.. I don't even think they finished refunding all the servers they cancelled let alone opening up for international orders..

• tuxtux Member

@ravenchad said:
    Can now order outside EU?

If you live in Norway or Switzerland yes, otherwise not.

• 16G has had the option of 1 month contract all the time, it just defaults to 3 months, but you can change it back to 1.

• I ordered a KS 16G 3 month prior to start of EU business hours on Friday 26th.
    They asked me to confirm EU residence details around Friday lunchtime - accomplished via email. I coincidentally already had a KS 8G active for a week prior to the new offer being launched.
    The machine was delivered Friday 2nd August at 3pm - it's an E3, not an i5.

Serverbear benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/02/QFM9lljO93HZeYBo

• xsetxset Member

@michaelmistaken interesting .. they still deliver xeons, i have 2 ks16gs, one is i5 other is xeon e3

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

paypal on KS (KS only) is no longer acceptable and former BC all canceled.

• xsetxset Member

yes, resellers mucking with paypal to get through the checks of KS 3 / customer

• LexLex Member

@xset said:

paypal on KS (KS only) is no longer acceptable and former BC all canceled.

What does that mean ? I've ordered my server (ks2g) on 25/07, paid with paypal (they processed the payment, ie I'm 11 euros short on my bank account). Will they cancel my order & refund my money ? (I'm from Europe)

Thanked by 1tux
  • xsetxset Member

@matrixismyname I don't know, there is no explanation about it. I think your order was validated automatically because it was ordered 25.7. They only started refusing Paypal recently, and orders after 26.7 were put to manual review, of which only those that paid with Credit card have been validated.

• MallerMaller Member
    edited August 2013

"and former BC all canceled."

Wonder what that part means ! I'm thinking "and all orders canceled"
    Wish I paid with my credit card instead.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

BC=bitcoin ?

• @Maounique said:
    BC=bitcoin ?

Perhaps "billiing contract"/whatever is French for it (periodic payments, that is).

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

Well I wonder what they will you do if you have the paypal orders and if you order new ks2gs using credit card? Anyway they started that now! Now everybody is a reseller if you have more than 3 orders! They even cause a bigger mess now. Not a single one of the old olders have been marked as cancelled yet they announce that on a tweet in French! What a communication method that is for a international company! Time to start the disputes and chargebacks if they dont clear this mess next week! At least my patience is running out for this company! Time to call them next week again, but I bet regional offices have no clue whatsoever as before! Still they allow Paypal payments in their ordering page! They've wasted a weeks worth of time by sitting on pending orders! Holy Ovh, makers of the infamous ks2g! You sell servers that you cant deliver in given timeframes because you are missing 1 gigabit switches for minisp setups? And it takes you another week to tell that on Twitter yet you have a delivery time 24 hours on website! This is almost a scam! But I dont mind at all keep doing this to everyone as long as you deliver my servers!

• @Master_Bo BC= Bon de Commande

• Slightly worried that unpredictable OVH will decide to terminate all provisioned KS's paid by PayPal... Which means I can't really use it until this has all blown over :| (and yay! 10 days since I ordered my 2nd and I still haven't got it :D)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@LukeT said:
    Slightly worried that unpredictable OVH will decide to terminate

When I was saying they are unpredictable and only luck will decide if you keep your server, ppl booed me. Now it looks like luck decides if you get it or not in the first place.

Oh, well, there will always be lucky ppl that have great experience anywhere, I just happen not to be one of those. I always had trouble from OVH, but there are many ppl that were not singled out. What can I say, enjoy your luck, but dont attack those less lucky than you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

http://www.homerj.de/index.php?show=vods&play=3046&res=720p#

Only for Germans xD

"We lose the Wars so thats why you got revenge now.... " haha

• @isy44h112 said:
    Master_Bo BC= Bon de Commande

Thanks for clarification!

• wychwych Member

@earl said:

Guess im a lucky one ;)

• 36 pages of whining, moaning and groaning.... probably kids in Africa dying of starvation don't make this much fuss!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I don't see that kids asking me for help, so no fuss for me

Thanked by 2Lex ihatetonyy
This discussion has been closed.