Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more. - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more.

1234568»

Comments

• ucxoucxo Member

@jarland said:

Alright, will take up the @Piohost issue by ticket.

ucxo said: please drop the act about Ishaq being such a valuable ex team member that you religiously avoid putting any blame on

Don't tell me what to do. I know Ishaq better than you do and I'll talk about him as I damn well please.

Your call to make, of course. I'm trying to choose my words carefully here... Don't you think you're becoming complicit in any further damage that Ishaq does to people that you could have warned about him?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

ucxo said: Don't you think you're becoming complicit in any further damage that Ishaq does to people that you could have warned about him?

If the damage we're talking about is sending out invoices too early and then apologizing for it, I think I'll sleep alright.

You could say that about any provider here who has ever done anything unpopular or that didn't sit well with people. But at the end of the day I've said this repeatedly, the provider tag is not an endorsement. You, the buyer, are responsible for choosing a host that best fits your needs and provides decent service. When someone scams you out of money then you come and talk to me, that's when I'm going to intervene.

• ucxoucxo Member

@jarland said: If the damage we're talking about is sending out invoices too early and then apologizing for it, I think I'll sleep alright.

I'm talking about forcing people to pay $100 to get a chance to have their LEB offer published.
    Not going to happen again in this form of course, now that he has been demoted, but I live on the assumption that he who has broken the law (against fraud and bribery) once, will break the law again.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited July 2017

@jarland said: Don't tell me what to do. I know Ishaq better than you do and I'll talk about him as I damn well please.

Have always admired your unbiased view points. I don't care who gets to keep the provider tag or not. But I do feel you are little soft about the actions of your ex-admin colleague in this overall episode. This isn't the first time Ishaq has been deceitful nor will it be last. Even as admin he had misused his powers to remove critical comments about his own companies as he deemed fit. You might be knowing him better than all of the LET but please Jarland, don't let your affiliations with the chap hurt your own spotless repute.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2017

ucxo said: I'm talking about forcing people to pay $100 to get a chance to have their LEB offer published

So to be clear, you want me to be "fair" by holding Piohost accountable for things totally unrelated to Piohost, and that's somehow being more impartial on the issue? Can you tell me why we're talking about that in this thread at all? First, that's not a correct assessment of what happened. Second, I think it was a rude thing for you to bring up here. That was an internal matter handled internally, and that's where it should have died. Instead you've given into gossip fueled by a teenager and dragged it here in a thread about something entirely different. So thank you for that. I, however, will not be discussing it further. If Ishaq wants to discuss it with you, that is his call.

dynamo said: But I do feel you are little soft about the actions of your ex-admin colleague in this overall episode

I don't know how many ways or to how many people I have to say "I don't care how you feel" in this thread, so I'm closing it. It's not that I don't care THAT you feel, it's that I am not the enforcer of your emotions. In this thread I am two things: admin of LET, and friend of Ishaq. Both roles have been separated entirely, and both roles have made appearances here. If you go back and read this thread post by post you will see both roles in action.

I have repeatedly, throughout my entire time as admin on LET, expressed to members that we do not police quality and we do not revoke provider tags to satisfy people's feelings. If a provider is selling services and following the rules, and the provider is not scamming anyone, then we do not have grounds for removing their provider tag. The moment that we take it further, we are taking it upon ourselves to be two things:

1. Curators of quality (something we cannot be at any reasonable scale or without being constantly accused of being unfair).
    2. Enforcers of mob rule in which members are able to annoy/harass us to the stage of removing providers.

These are not good qualities for our staff to have.

If people can't stop directing their emotions at me and expecting me to take action on them, then I guess I have to click the button that makes it stop, and that's why the thread is now closed. I have done here as I would do to any provider, and if you feel that I am mistaken then I would question your ability to be impartial on the subject. If you feel that a wrong decision has been made in regards to the admin/mod role in this issue, please do one of the following:

1. Open a ticket at support.lowend.io to discuss with our staff.
    2. Open a new thread to discuss the action.
    3. Post in the "cest pit" thread for more informal discussion. Think of it as talking over a beer.

dynamo said: You might be knowing him better than all of the LET but please Jarland, don't let your personal affiliations with the chap hurt your own spotless repute

You, and everyone who keeps saying this same thing, are the ones letting your personal feelings cloud your vision. I am doing as I would do with anyone. If you want to be butt hurt that I shared my opinion in this thread, as a person and not as an admin speaking about actions taken, then you are welcome to. My actions, however, have been squarely in line with how they always are. I will not tolerate the derailing of this thread in order to attempt to emotionally manipulate me into taking an action against Piohost that I would not have taken against another provider. Keeping up with notifications is difficult enough, but being tagged so that I can come in here and explain this same thing on every new page is exhausting.

You and everyone who feels the way that you do need to remove your emotional attachments to the "provider" tag and recognize it as a useless construct that merely means a provider has not yet (that we know of) scammed someone out of money and that they have met the requirements to post offers. Check your emotions at the door. It is a little word under their name. It is not a big deal.

This discussion has been closed.