Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more.

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member

I can understand that some revaluation can happen when new owner checks the company and it wasn't so sweet like it was advertised, but at least send a decent e-mail with "We are sorry, we can't run business like that, here are options for you a) b) c)". Not silent takeover, generate invoice and hope that people will not notice. Holy shit, are we like 12 years old?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, I talked to Jordon on IRC, they seem to be done with LET. So do not expect a response.

I would backup the data, open a dispute to get the rest of the money back and pick a different host.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Neoon said:
    Well, I talked to Jordon on IRC, they seem to be done with LET. So do not expect a response.

I would backup the data, open a dispute to get the rest of the money back and pick a different host.

I'll interpret that as an admission of guilt.

• rocketrocket Member

@teamacc said:
    I'll tag @ishaq but don't hold your breath. He never showed up in the other thread either.

Almost 0% chance he will reply. He's scared to go anywhere near these PioHost threads because of how bad the takeover went, instead sending Jordon in (who isn't replying to this thread now).

Personally I'd never buy from BudgetNode now after seeing their response to the takeover and issues surrounding it. It's like they don't care, they just want the customers and income from the services.

If you're looking for someone in the UK to replace PioHost just go with @AnthonySmith or @Clouvider. You can't go wrong with either.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited July 2017

@Neoon said: they seem to be done with LET.

Honestly, that's good since they're both aware of this thread (judging by their last active times) and have provided no response whatsoever. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they're not doing anyone (their business nor their customers) any favors by remaining silent.

This whole takeover has been a clusterfuck and has probably cost them many customers and potential customers in the LET community. At least there are many other providers in this community that care about their customers, keep customers informed of any important changes, and provide excellent services.

• Seems pretty clear cut, charge back if they won't work it out for you. Move to a new host.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Nothing personal. Buy from shitty companies get shitty service. Pio who?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

This seems to me to outright fraud. You bought a yearly contract. It's totally legit for them to refuse to renew that after 1 year, and I think it'd be legit for them to say "we're moving it/can't support that any longer" and refund you.

But to just say "sorry, here's a bill" is not cool.

Neoon said: Well, I talked to Jordon on IRC, they seem to be done with LET. So do not expect a response.

ORLY?

Turns out LET is done with him...provider tag revoked. If @Jordan wants to appeal via the support desk, or join this thread and make a case, feel free and maybe someone else will take a different view, but we've removed the tag from people who've burned members in the past. @Jordan hasn't shown up to defend his company so I don't think we need to extend the courtesy of making new offers here.

FYI @jarland

• isn't @ishaq is an admin on LET ? or his role got revoked too ?

yokowasis said: isn't @ishaq is an admin on LET ? or his role got revoked too ?

Unrelated. See: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2277037/#Comment_2277037

• From PioHost:

We are no longer able to provide the service you have at the price point set by the previous owners as it is unsustainable.

An email is due to be sent out to all customers affected by a price change notifying them of new pricing for their services.

Apologies for the confusion.

• @thistle said:
    From PioHost:

We are no longer able to provide the service you have at the price point set by the previous owners as it is unsustainable.

An email is due to be sent out to all customers affected by a price change notifying them of new pricing for their services.

Not quite sure what that even means. I have asked for a full refund

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

thistle said: I have asked for a full refund

Doubtful they'll provide even a partial refund since according to them Bopie was supposed to handle refunds for existing customers.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • HxxxHxxx Member

rekt.

• TomTom Member

@thistle said:

@thistle said:
    From PioHost:

Not quite sure what that even means. I have asked for a full refund

They'll say to contact previous owner.

• williewillie Member

thistle said:

From PioHost:

That doesn't cut it. When you buy a company you acquire its liabilities as well as its assets. Are they also going to refuse to pay outstanding bills incurred under the old owners? Obligations to customers are similar.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

thistle said:

From PioHost:

That doesn't cut it. When you buy a company you acquire its liabilities as well as its assets. Are they also going to refuse to pay outstanding bills incurred under the old owners? Obligations to customers are similar.

The company likely didn't changed hands:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10541202/officers

• williewillie Member

Clouvider said:

That sounds like it's just defaulting on its liabilities then. I thought you have to declare bankruptcy to do that.

MasonR said: Doubtful they'll provide even a partial refund since according to them Bopie was supposed to handle refunds for existing customers.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that...you're right.

edited July 2017

@willie said:

Clouvider said:

That sounds like it's just defaulting on its liabilities then. I thought you have to declare bankruptcy to do that.

????

Send your court papers and demand the court to declare them bankrupt.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2017

Clouvider said: ????

I doubt the company really is bankrupt in the sense of being unable to fulfill its obligations from those plans. It just doesn't want to do it. It's unlikely to be worth getting in actual litigation about, but the company should certainly lose its LET provider tag.

• If they are going to screw all the piohost existing customer , why would the acquire the company in the first place ?

Thanked by 1Plioser

@willie said:

Clouvider said: ????

I doubt the company really is bankrupt in the sense of being unable to fulfill its obligations from those plans. It just doesn't want to do it. It's unlikely to be worth getting in actual litigation about, but the company should certainly lose its LET provider tag.

which company?

• PwnerPwner Member

@DigitalFyre said:

If that's who I think it is, I'm not even ashamed to identify Sasha Grey on a tech forum.

Thanked by 2Hxxx netomx
  • DigitalFyreDigitalFyre Member
    edited July 2017

Pwner said: If that's who I think it is, I'm not even ashamed to identify Sasha Grey on a tech forum.

Also it was the funniest "thank you gif" I could find on Memeful :P

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2017

@raindog308 said:
    ORLY?

Turns out LET is done with him...provider tag revoked. If @Jordan wants to appeal via the support desk, or join this thread and make a case, feel free and maybe someone else will take a different view, but we've removed the tag from people who've burned members in the past. @Jordan hasn't shown up to defend his company so I don't think we need to extend the courtesy of making new offers here.

FYI @jarland

Since the same person, is in #BudgetNode with OP, it should be legit.

Thanked by 2raindog308 willie
  • YuraYura Member

@Jordan said:
    We are done with LET

LET is done with you.

Thanked by 4Rhys saf31 ucxo netomx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Sasha Grey is a much better topic.

Thanked by 2Rhys netomx

@Jordan was last active on LET a couple hours ago...

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    @Jordan was last active on LET a couple hours ago...

Jordan - Today at 10:08 PM
    (BST)

on discord.

This discussion has been closed.