Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Piohost have cropped my year long contract to 4 months and are charging way more.

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

PioHost said: Correct, however it's now owned by a different company and we are re-evaluating pricing

The company entity is remain the same. It does not matter who the owner is, a firm has it's own entity. So, this argument you keep saying is bullshit. Please, ask a lawyer (but I think you really have to rise the price to all of your companies to afford one...)

• rocketrocket Member

The PioHost account needs to have the provider tag taken away too, if Jordon and Ishaq no longer have it on their own account it shouldn't be on the shared account either.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @Aidan said: it's PioHost Ltd who sold this service.

Correct. The brand and this account are no longer associated with PioHost Ltd.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

PioHost said: PioHost Ltd sold the plans. The brand is no longer operating under that company.

Same logo, same website. No notice that PioHost LTD would be dissolved and all contracts nullified. No recognition of the new entity on the website. Your terms of service is also now null and void because:

This Web Hosting Agreement is between PioHost LTD and the person/persons who use our website hosting and domain service

This is extremely shady and dishonest, and you know it. Your only protection right now is that this is/was not big enough to warrant legal action by anyone. If it were, if anyone cared enough about this, I can't think of a country that is fully outfitted with electricity that has laws that would protect you.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2017

PioHost said: PioHost LTD reserves the right to change prices at any time

You have the right to change prices, not to change prices to a paid service. It is Law Study 101. Even the malls write this in their flyers, but it stands for services not have been sold already, just advertised. (sigh)

edited July 2017

PioHost said: Yes, this was in the terms which can be verified by website cache services:

And then you quote:

PioHost said: PioHost LTD reserves the right to change prices at any time, unless other terms have been agreed upon.

After saying:

PioHost said: PioHost Ltd sold the plans. The brand is no longer operating under that company.

Not enough facepalms in the world. PioHost LTD reserves the right, therefore you do, but you retain none of the obligations of PioHost LTD? You either retain their rights and their obligations or neither.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • PioHost said: Yes, this was in the terms which can be verified by website cache services:
    PioHost LTD reserves the right to change prices at any time, unless other terms have been agreed upon.

Nowhere near explicit enough legally IMO. IANAL of course :) By your reckoning you could've invoiced everyone tomorrow for £1000.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2017

@jarland if it was another situation, I would propose you to ban those guys. But in this case, they should be unbanned to come and answer (if they dare) showing their real face...

Thanked by 1jar
  • rocketrocket Member

@jvnadr said:
    @jarland if it was another situation, I would propose you to ban those guys. But in this case, they should be unbanned to come ans answer (if they dare) showing their real face...

I'd say just remove the provider tags, I doubt that many members would be that willing to purchase from them in the future anyway after this mess.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

rocket said: I'd say just remove the provider tags, I doubt that many members would be that willing to purchase from them in the future anyway after this mess.

I doubt they will come here again in the near future to sell services. I am just sad for @Ishaq, because he was a really good mod here and a very helpful guy on work (BlueVM and pageclick)...

I've always liked and spoken highly of @Ishaq, but he clearly got himself roped into some shit here. Best thing he could do right now is bow out of it and live to fight another day.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I hope @ishaq paid them in gum because this is a gong show.

Relevant:

Francisco

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • @Francisco said:
    I hope @ishaq paid them in gum because this is a gong show.

Relevant:

Francisco

I hope Trident owners also paid the advertisement company who made that ad with gums.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @jarland said:
    I've always liked and spoken highly of @Ishaq, but he clearly got himself roped into some shit here. Best thing he could do right now is bow out of it and live to fight another day.

Same here. I'm sad to see things go this way however it has been the trust and reputation he gained in here which brought me to buy services from him and I'm sure the same goes for a lot of clients. All the more it feels like a slap in the face when you see him/his company treating their business and clients so poorly.

• I think @ishaq is a crook, don't ever buy anything from this jerk.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • bsdguybsdguy Member

Lovely.

I'm not sure though which one ishaq would need more urgently, a good PR firm or a good lawyer ...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

This is just sick. Kids should never be put in charge of any company ever. I hope that each and every customer does a chargeback for services not provided and puts this "company" (if you can even call it that) out of business.

A pizzeria wouldn't sell a full pizza for $10 and then after you ate two slices they take the rest of the pizza back and say "we no longer sell a full pizza for $10". I don't care what you sell it for now, all I care about it what you sold it to me for. What you charge for something tomorrow should not have any impact on what I bought yesterday.

This infuriates me because it makes it that much harder for legitimate providers to gain any sort of trust with consumers when kids get a hold of a PayPal account and want to play hosting provider until they get bored.

And before anybody brings age into the discussion, it doesn't matter how old they are if they act like they're 12 years old and have the same level of professionalism and maturity as a box of crayons.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

KuJoe said: you ate two slices

Leave slices out of this :(

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Then the damn slices better stay the same size! Even if you give me a 10" 'za, I still want 8 slices. If you cut it into 6, you'll find yourself in kangaroo court so quickly your calzone will spin mister!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I tried really hard to think of a better analogy but pizza was the only thing I could think of that is sold both whole and in pieces. :( I really want to order a pizza now.

Thanked by 2Francisco cassa
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited July 2017

On the one hand, offering pro-rated refunds (in cash, not credit) to say goodbye to a customer (presumably with appropriate notice) is certainly a ton better than we've seen from many hosts. Would you all have the same attitude if @piohost offered to refund the entire contract price to the affected customers?

After all, it's a small number of affected customers, right?

But what is this bullshit we're piohost we're not piohost stuff...

That's shitty because you're essentially saying to these unfortunate customers "we don't care about you guys because you're prepaid, we don't want you to renew, we're not making as much money as we thought, so good riddance..."

And while @bsdguy and I previously discussed the extent of technical due diligence in the context of the piohost acquisition and how--

OK, but regardless to the extent to which the new owners should have checked systems and security, etc., they should have definitely should have been aware the income vs. expense of the products they're taking on. What is that, 5 minutes with a Google docs spreadsheet? A calculator with an M+ key?

So they must have known the revenue and the costs and the systems...I mean, who would buy without that info? That doesn't even rise to the level of due diligence, it's so basic. That's like kids trading from their lunchbox level of understanding the deal. To take those guys on and terminate now must have been the plan all along...

Next we'll be back to who said what in the deal, and how the new owners are not the ones customers should look to for refunds and that finger-pointing nonsense.

Part of me is disappointed...I mean, if even the Solomonic @jarland is busting your chops, well...

If I was a customer I'd be mad...

...but as a LETizen, well, I've been watching the behind-the-scenes drama-fueled batteries that power LET and we're up to a full charge now thanks to this thread!

Oh! and since I accidentally saw this so you have to also:

• IshaqIshaq Member

This was no doubt handled very badly. I've stepped forward and reverted the decision to change due dates and instead change the recurring prices and inform clients via email, which is our normal policy and should have been done in the first place.

I want to explain (and not excuse ourselves) that the reason such measures were taken initially was because certain plans were very unsustainable and it made sense for us to just partially refund instead. We understand it is in the client's best interest to continue receiving services that they paid for without having to renew early or receive a partial refund.

• I can confirm that existing contracts will be honoured and we have made a bad judgement call in this case. No due date changes will be made, any that have already been made will be reverted and associated invoices cancelled.

• I would also like to apologize on behalf of anyone that has represented the company for causing confusion or inconvenience.

• I would like to take full responsibility for not addressing this early on. I should have been more personally involved with decisions made on some of the recent issues surrounding PioHost after the acquisition, and also communicated from a personal level using this account rather than let others handle it.

It will take time to repair trust with this community but we are ready to do so and will begin by respecting and fulfilling the contracts we have in place with existing customers no matter what it costs the company.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks everyone.

• Ishaq said: I can confirm that existing contracts will be honoured

glad to hear that.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • tenperatenpera Member
    edited July 2017

@Ishaq is no longer a crook.

Perfectly acceptable resolution and apology IMO. Mistakes happen, bad choices are made. Recovering from them means this is no longer something LET staff should want to intervene on, so provider tags are restored.

• All is redeemed

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • zedzed Member

until the next episode

Thanked by 3imok dwtbf MichaelCee
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited July 2017

@Ishaq said:
    I've stepped forward and reverted the decision to change due dates and instead change the recurring prices and inform clients via email, which is our normal policy and should have been done in the first place.

Who made that bad decision? Who is responsible?

Aren't you the managing director? If so, how is it "stepping forward" when a managing director simply does his job?

• I can confirm that existing contracts will be honoured and we have made a bad judgement call in this case.

"we"? Who is "we"? And why is it "we" and not "I, the managing director"?

• I would also like to apologize on behalf of anyone that has represented the company for causing confusion or inconvenience.

Why did "anyone" represent the company? Why did "anyone" create confusion? Why didn't you handle or at least coordinate and direct all communication?

• I would like to take full responsibility for not addressing this early on.

You would "like to"? How about "Full responsibility is with you anyway and whether you like it or not"?

I should have been more personally involved with decisions made on some of the recent issues surrounding PioHost after the acquisition, and also communicated from a personal level using this account rather than let others handle it.

What exactly kept you from doing that? And who made the bad decisions you did not make?
    What is your understanding of the role and obligations of a managing director?

It will take time to repair trust with this community but we are ready to do so ...

... and will begin by respecting and fulfilling the contracts we have in place with existing customers no matter what it costs the company.

Does that mean that you have finally fully understood and accepted the meaning and binding nature of contracts?

From what I see interacting with any company related to you equates to playing lottery where the boss only in the worst of circumstances is willing to act in a reasonable and legally acceptable manner.
    You word it as if it was messiah finally arriving, but that's what it comes down to: ishaq declares his willingness to act in what is but the normal way that is required by laws anyway.

We'll see. I think this is far beyond the point where nice words are enough. We'll need to see and to see not just for a short period.

Btw, I don't know the irish law well but from what I know you could prematurely end the worst contracts (the ones that cost you way more than they pay) if you refunded the customers pro rata. Not cancelling them tomorrow morning but leaving them a month or so to save their data and to find a replacement would be a certainly valued sign of good will from your part. Maybe that could be a compromise with which both sides could live.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • saf31saf31 Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks @Ishaq, wish you all the best. I hope existing customers and contracts will be respected. Whenever someone says "done with LET", it hurts our feelings.

This discussion has been closed.