Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-2E Promotion - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-2E Promotion

Comments

• williewillie Member

Finally out of stock...

• XeiXei Member

I opted out. Rather get a dedibox whenever they go on sale

• williewillie Member

Yep, me too, though my dedibox chances might not be so good. I got one last time though. Maybe that's enuf.

• lionlion Member

Why prefer online.net over ovh?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lion said:

Probably more bandwidth for the price.

• @MikeA said:

@lion said:

(not necessarily faster though)

• @doghouch said:

@MikeA said:

@lion said:

I don't have much trouble pulling 200Mb/s from my Online.net server.

• @Detruire said:

@doghouch said:

@MikeA said:

@lion said:

Consistently?

• i can pull 900mbps from online.net just with XC 2015. for OVH i can't get more than 250mbps for their E3 series.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@hawkjohn7 said:
    i can pull 900mbps from online.net just with XC 2015. for OVH i can't get more than 250mbps for their E3 series.

Well ya, they're limited to 250Mbps.

@doghouch said:
    Consistently?

Online network is pretty good, I remember being able to max out my connection to them multiple times and it's basically across the world. Don't have a server though.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

@hawkjohn7 said:
    i can pull 900mbps from online.net just with XC 2015. for OVH i can't get more than 250mbps for their E3 series.

Well ya, they're limited to 250Mbps.

@doghouch said:
    Consistently?

Online network is pretty good, I remember being able to max out my connection to them multiple times and it's basically across the world. Don't have a server though.

I use online for storage, ST12 there pushing 100MB/s at times to fuel the media server.

• @doghouch said:

@Detruire said:

@doghouch said:

@MikeA said:

@lion said:

Consistently?

On average. Large transfers fluctuate somewhat, but average approximately 200Mb/s.

• XeiXei Member

@lion said:

Bandwidth. If you don't need more than 100mbit KS are perfect.

• @Detruire said:

@doghouch said:

@MikeA said:

@lion said:

@Neoon said:
    https://billing.c38.host/cart.php?gid=7

LMAO some shit host reselling Kimsufi...

• layfonlayfon Member

mikewazar said:

LMAO some shit host reselling Kimsufi...

About $2 more than original... not that bad

• How do I order this server? It is showing € 14.99 ex. VAT for me?

• @forumsuk said:
    How do I order this server? It is showing € 14.99 ex. VAT for me?

The party has ended.

• srvssrvs Member

Hi, sorry, I know has ended, but is the price always recurring for Kimsufi promotions like this, or only for the first month ?

• XenosXenos Member

@srvs said:
    Hi, sorry, I know has ended, but is the price always recurring for Kimsufi promotions like this, or only for the first month ?

Recurring

Thanked by 1srvs
  • edited June 2017

@nullnothere said:
    The one thing that I do like (and don't mind paying for) about these 2Es are that they're pretty reliable (I don't mean in terms of disk or hardware but in terms of longer term reliability as a hosting provider). It's a (solid) dedi, with a reliable and proven provider and there's some confidence that your data on it is going to be there barring your own stupidity and the disk crashing (or something else going bad with the machine). When you think of a large chunk of data like ~2TB or thereabouts, even if the network is slow, I'm happy to know that the machine is going to be there as long as I pay for it (and of course I can always cancel at most with one month advance). Plus I've noticed that the disk subsystem [iops] (even on the slow-as-hell Atoms) for one user is fantastic as compared to a shared environment like a VPS and when you have a lot of (live) backups with many (millions?) files/inodes in use - it's much more consistent than a (typical) VPS performance wise and I don't have to worry about any abusive scenarios.

Yes - having AES and a faster processor is nice but those sales don't come too often and it's hard enough to get a machine (let alone at a preferred location).

If 1TB was enough, the online.net Atoms are probably better (better CPU+AES+network speed though network quality at OVH/KS is better/more consistent) as are probably some of the other Storage VPSs around.
    @nullnothere said:
    The one thing that I do like (and don't mind paying for) about these 2Es are that they're pretty reliable (I don't mean in terms of disk or hardware but in terms of longer term reliability as a hosting provider). It's a (solid) dedi, with a reliable and proven provider and there's some confidence that your data on it is going to be there barring your own stupidity and the disk crashing (or something else going bad with the machine). When you think of a large chunk of data like ~2TB or thereabouts, even if the network is slow, I'm happy to know that the machine is going to be there as long as I pay for it (and of course I can always cancel at most with one month advance). Plus I've noticed that the disk subsystem [iops] (even on the slow-as-hell Atoms) for one user is fantastic as compared to a shared environment like a VPS and when you have a lot of (live) backups with many (millions?) files/inodes in use - it's much more consistent than a (typical) VPS performance wise and I don't have to worry about any abusive scenarios.

Yes - having AES and a faster processor is nice but those sales don't come too often and it's hard enough to get a machine (let alone at a preferred location).

If 1TB was enough, the online.net Atoms are probably better (better CPU+AES+network speed though network quality at OVH/KS is better/more consistent) as are probably some of the other Storage VPSs around.

Isn't KS-2E Atom too?
    How does AES help?
    Could you provide a link to the online.net atoms you were referring to?
    Thanks!

• @greattomeetyou said: How does AES help? Could you provide a link to the online.net atoms you were referring to? Thanks!

AES is mainly useful for (disk) encryption like LUKS.

See: https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#anchor-perso for the online.net Atom C2350 version (which is better than the KS-2E N2800) with a 1Gbit connection and a 1TB disk.

• @nullnothere said:
    See: https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server#anchor-perso for the online.net Atom C2350 version (which is better than the KS-2E N2800) with a 1Gbit connection and a 1TB disk.

KS-2E has 2TB, plus setup fee is lesser (I was one of the lucky people who didn't have to pay it in this promotion).

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2017

greattomeetyou said: I'm happy to know that the machine is going to be there as long as I pay for it

It won't surprise me if they eventually EOL it. I just figure to just use mine while it lasts. It's a good deal but not a fantastic one. You can get almost as good $/TB storage from the Hetzner auction anytime, with no setup fees. For around 3.5x the price it's true you get only 3x the storage, but you also get >10x the cpu, 4x the ram, 10x the network port, and far more responsive support.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

My Server died died, network seems to be dead, anyone also affected?

• @Neoon said:

where your location?

BHS2 still fine

@hawkjohn7 said:

@Neoon said:

where your location?

BHS2 still fine

Gravelands.

• layfonlayfon Member

@Neoon said:

hawkjohn7 said:

Neoon said:

where your location?

BHS2 still fine

Gravelands.

Both my KS-2E (GRA) are operational. Hope your server can be online without contacting kimsufi's support.

@layfon said:

@Neoon said:

hawkjohn7 said:

Neoon said:

where your location?

BHS2 still fine

Gravelands.

Both my KS-2E (GRA) are operational. Hope your server can be online without contacting kimsufi's support.

Motherboard died died, already replaced after about 2 hours.

• with paypal, vcc still added up ''setup fee'' i guess the best way bypass it just get it from the reseller ..https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/102081/ovh-resellers and https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/50715/any-ovh-vps-reseller u may find the all list of the resellers ..by the way their fraud detection system also annoying :(