Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox Possibly Closing - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox Possibly Closing

1235»

Comments

• The cat's out of the bag!

• I think his Capslock is having seizures <_<

• @Naruto said: I just want you all to know that I will be doing my best as the new owner of LET and LEB and I hope you all give me a chance.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited January 2012

let's bring back the very old (ancient, pre-historic, hyperbolic) topic. HERE

Thanked by 2maxexcloo tux
  • I vote Francisco for the new Lowendbox/Lowendtalk maintainer. I guess he is the right guy, and because it seems that BuyVM don't want new customers (because theres no stock TROLOLOL), he won't start spamvertising his own company.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I think its a done deal already, the comments on LEB says it will be official in the next few days.

• Francisco for sure :)

• You kids are so naive :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I can confirm i'm not the new owner :P LEA did send me an email hoping I'd keep the pony strong in the community though.

Francisco

Thanked by 2djvdorp Coastercraze
  • Fran, Y U NO NEW LEA? :P (Sorry guys for spamming)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited January 2012

@HerrMaulwurf said: Fran, Y U NO NEW LEA? :P

Too many people would be butthurt about it and leave. And despite the sometimes downer attitudes, they do contribute to the community.

(edit: aside from the obvious ethical reasons, that is)

• Just sell it, it will never be the same. At least get paid before it burns to the ground.
    Every candidate that I can think of also has big negative point attached to them.

You could outsource the position to a well educated Indian guy (or girl, but who are we kidding here :D), and still make a little money every month while still increasing the value of LEB. But that would still require LEA to spend some hours a month to check everything.

• The simple solution is that the new LEA keep up the tradition of the old LEA and keep more or less 100% anonymous.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited January 2012

@ztec said: Just sell it, it will never be the same. At least get paid before it burns to the ground.

Every candidate that I can think of also has big negative point attached to them.
    You could outsource the position to a well educated Indian guy (or girl, but who are we kidding here :D), and still make a little money every month while still increasing the value of LEB. But that would still require LEA to spend some hours a month to check everything.

In one active forum that I used to follow until it was sold, what happened is:

After long disappearance, the owner sold website and forums silently.
    v
    New admins took control over the forums & site
    v
    The site didn't receive updates anymore
    v
    Forum moderators and super moderator (who doesn't have admin powers) kept forum up for sometime. However bots, spam and problems kept coming without control by old moderators. The supposed new admins doesn't respond to anything.
    v
    Only thing the new admins did was increasing ads, but they didn't care for anything else.
    v
    Gradually only bots and spam is what was left in forum. Website is outdated (it wasn't a blog)

So it might take more than finding a buyer

• @cleonard said: The simple solution is that the new LEA keep up the tradition of the old LEA and keep more or less 100% anonymous.

"more or less 100%"? Ummm, I think "anonymous" is like pregnant, either you are or you aren't ;)

• @sleddog said: pregnant, either you are or you aren't

{dry humour} I know a flight of stairs that might disagree... {/dry humour}

• @Aldryic said: I know a flight of stairs that might disagree...

I'm really struggling with this one... please another hint ;)

• @sleddog said: I'm really struggling with this one... please another hint ;)

He implied you can have an abortion by "accidentally" falling down a flight of stairs.

• @Francisco said: I can confirm i'm not the new owner :P LEA did send me an email hoping I'd keep the pony strong in the community though.

Francisco

Keep it strong? Hah! Needs more ponies.

• I feel the need to clarify as well but I'm not the new LEA either. At least I've not heard anything stating such. I just got a PM congratulating me on the new position.

@Go59954 said: Gradually only bots and spam is what was left in forum.

You see all of that a lot in the domain business as well. People will buy out old domains that have either lapsed or are going to lapse. They're betting on the google PR hanging around long enough for them to make a buck.

@Francisco said: LEA did send me an email

Must be nice....

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@drmike said: Must be nice....

Hey i've sent you direct DM's on twitter before, don't get all uppity with me doc' :P

Francisco

• What... the Doc wont be running the show. That scares me a little, any ETA on when we actually find out from LEA yet?

• @Francisco said: Hey i've sent you direct DM's on twitter before

Really? Could have sworn I had those turned off as all I get over there is spam and "Please buy my hosting company!" bs. Been months since I've been over there....

Anyway, my comment wasn't directed towards you.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited January 2012

No offense to the new owner, I just wish more thought was put into this, seems really rushed by IMHO. But I guess it is what it is. I wish you the best old LEA, thanks again for 4 great years. And to you too new LEA, good luck taking over.

• I also feel it may be a bit rushed, I just hope the new owner will continue to run the site as it is, and not quickly give up and sell up.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

LEA announced at the 20th that someone in the community was selected and accepted the challenge, its now been 6 days and no information on who this is ... sorry for being impatient but I want to know.... NOW !!! :)

• @VMPort said: What... the Doc wont be running the show. That scares me a little, any ETA on when we actually find out from LEA yet?

Should be soon (within the next few weeks I'd think)...

@MikHo said: LEA announced at the 20th that someone in the community was selected and accepted the challenge, its now been 6 days and no information on who this is ... sorry for being impatient but I want to know.... NOW !!! :)

These things take time to plan and execute :P

• Using my time travel machine, I have discovered that ColoCrossing owns LEB. This is such a big discovery. Oh, and nice necro...