Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesaleinternet.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesaleinternet.net

Do these guys come here?

After 6 months of hosting, perfect hosting I might add. My visa changed and when I put in the new info they flagged it and wont allow my invoice to be paid till they get photos of my ID and passport. HAHA. Thats not standard practice in america.

Their billing person said its like when your asked for your ID when giving visa at a store.
Bull Sh*t. I dotn give my id at a store either. It's the whole point of having visa as a payment source.

And you'd think being a client for this many months and all I did was add the same card number with a different exp date and CVV that they would look and say sorry and fix the issue and approve my card.

And they wont take phone calls. Pretty dang stupid.

Comments

• Or does anyone have a dedicated server I'm happy to jump providers if this is how they are going to be.

16Gb Ram
    2x L5420 @ 2.50GHz (8C/8T)
    2TB HDD
    1Gbit Port: 33TB Transfer

• You dont trust the with your ID why should they trust you on their network?

• hzrhzr Member

GenjiSwitchPls said: You dont trust the with your ID why should they trust you on their network?

Presumably because he's an existing customer that has had service on their network for half a year without incident or abuse reports?

• Pehaos because i been a client for 6 months with no issue. Oh yea thanks hzr. Most indeed. And i try to call but they say they provide nobhelp by phone. Looks like i need a new provider by end of tomorrow. Ill be happy to give my money to someone else.

And alsogenji. Just because someone says something is policy doesnt make it right or legal. Its actually aginst visa policy for them to request id. Go to visa read yourself.

Only people who see my id are cops. And people serving me booze.

Thanked by 1asf
  • WickedWicked Member

What are you hiding?

• @Wicked said:
    What are you hiding?

Ego?

• princeshoko said: Or does anyone have a dedicated server I'm happy to jump providers if this is how they are going to be.

16Gb Ram 2x L5420 @ 2.50GHz (8C/8T) 2TB HDD 1Gbit Port: 33TB Transfer

And your budget is...?

• Im paying $20 but ill pay more if needed. Will be transfering all data from them to new.

• princeshoko said: Im paying $20 but ill pay more if needed. Will be transfering all data from them to new.

I genuinely wish you good luck finding something at this budget. But hey, this is LET... It is likely you will find a provider here that can offer you a server at this budget.

IF you ever want to pay big bucks ($150~$160) for a Single E5-26xx / 33 TB / w/ DDoS mitigation, hit me up :)

• @hzr said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: You dont trust the with your ID why should they trust you on their network?

Presumably because he's an existing customer that has had service on their network for half a year without incident or abuse reports?

And? Any provider can ask for ID when they like no matter how far in. Changing Credit card details is perfectly fine for asking for ID.

I am more concerned that this guy runs a hosting company himself. He does very little to protect himself if he disagrees with WSI's actions.

@princeshoko said:
    Pehaos because i been a client for 6 months with no issue. Oh yea thanks hzr. Most indeed. And i try to call but they say they provide nobhelp by phone. Looks like i need a new provider by end of tomorrow. Ill be happy to give my money to someone else.

And alsogenji. Just because someone says something is policy doesnt make it right or legal. Its actually aginst visa policy for them to request id. Go to visa read yourself.

Only people who see my id are cops. And people serving me booze.

From my knowledge is it not illegal to ASK to see you ID. You are not legally obliged to show them but they aren't legally obliged to provide you services.

Trust goes both ways. Remember that in LET, remember that in server hosting and remember that in life.

• hzrhzr Member

GenjiSwitchPls said: Trust goes both ways. Remember that in LET, remember that in server hosting and remember that in life.

Admittedly maybe it's just me, but I would be personally very annoyed if I had to update an expiring card or something and have been a customer for a while - there are some places I've used for 5+ years without a single abuse report.

It would piss me off to have to waste time moving all of my stuff off on short notice, finding service elsewhere, and all of that.

It would piss me off even more if they asked for it to be submitted as an unencrypted attachment or something as opposed to using a service like Jumio.

• @hzr said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: Trust goes both ways. Remember that in LET, remember that in server hosting and remember that in life.

Admittedly maybe it's just me, but I would be personally very annoyed if I had to update an expiring card or something and have been a customer for a while - there are some places I've used for 5+ years without a single abuse report.

It would piss me off to have to waste time moving all of my stuff off on short notice, finding service elsewhere, and all of that.

It would piss me off even more if they asked for it to be submitted as an unencrypted attachment or something as opposed to using a service like Jumio.

You don't have to show the full ID. You can block parts out like the numbers etc.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

princeshoko said: Its actually aginst visa policy for them to request id.

Actually no - Visa allows merchants to ask for I.D., though it normally can't be a condition of acceptance. However, Visa makes an exception if a payment is flagged for being unusual or suspicious during authorization.

BUT - these are effectively just guidelines that Visa tries to portray as hard rules because they don't care about merchant's chargeback liability and want customers to have the best experience.

Anyways, due to chargeback risk, it's very common practice for hosts to request I.D. Normally you can obfuscate sensitive details (e.g., ID number, DOB, etc.) but it's not illegal and they won't lose their ability to accept Visa over it.

WholeSaleInternet support probably can't see your card details because it's held by Stripe or some other payment processor - so they probably can't verify you just updated the expiration date.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited May 2017

Found this gem in OP's company TOS:

Adult content The determination of what is "adult content" and prohibited shall be solely made by Purple Penguin. Also we will charge $200 PER nipple, anus, penis, or graphic body part.

• @jiggawattz said:

princeshoko said: Its actually aginst visa policy for them to request id.

Actually no - Visa allows merchants to ask for I.D., though it normally can't be a condition of acceptance. However, Visa makes an exception if a payment is flagged for being unusual or suspicious during authorization.

BUT - these are effectively just guidelines that Visa tries to portray as hard rules because they don't care about merchant's chargeback liability and want customers to have the best experience.

Anyways, due to chargeback risk, it's very common practice for hosts to request I.D. Normally you can obfuscate sensitive details (e.g., ID number, DOB, etc.) but it's not illegal and they won't lose their ability to accept Visa over it.

WholeSaleInternet support probably can't see your card details because it's held by Stripe or some other payment processor - so they probably can't verify you just updated the expiration date.

WSI store card details themselves

• That doesn't mean their support staff can see the details, though. Hopefully not.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • LeeLee Veteran

Was it an expired card or a new card provider? If it was an expired card just being updated I would tell them to do one if they asked for ID, especially if I was a customer 6+ months.

If it is a new card then perhaps I might be more perceptive due to fraud issues.

But overall, nope, if a provider does not trust me after that amount of time to update my payment method to ensure they keep getting paid I would not stay.

Of course each situation is different, I have never had the issue.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MasonR said:
    Found this gem in OP's company TOS:

Adult content The determination of what is "adult content" and prohibited shall be solely made by Purple Penguin. Also we will charge $200 PER nipple, anus, penis, or graphic body part.

So a single anal reverse cowgirl pic is setting me back $800? HARD PASS

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

MasonR said: The determination of what is "adult content" and prohibited shall be solely made by Purple Penguin.

First thing that came into my mind: "Who the fuck is 'Purple Penguin'?"

...you should google it. It's fun!

• hzrhzr Member

Nekki said: So a single anal reverse cowgirl pic is setting me back $800? HARD PASS

Are you assuming their gender/number of body parts/transplants?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hzr said: Are you assuming their gender/number of body parts/transplants?

You've got me thinking about hot shemales again, you bastard.

• Genji. Yup they have a right to refuee service to anyone

jigga and lee. wholesale in one of their responces shiws they can see my card. Its the same card number only the exp date and 3digit code changed and they want to be doiches and say im trying to comit fraud.

Its all good. Just the trouble of new server and moving files. Ill also report them to visa about what they are asking.

Perhaps ill gonto my bank with my copys of their emails and let them know i been doing buisness here for 6 months and they should put a hold on and a chargeback on all my payments to them for the past half year and investigate my payments because wholesale says they suspect it to be fraud.

• @princeshoko said:

>

Its all good. Just the trouble of new server and moving files. Ill also report them to visa about what they are asking.

Perhaps ill gonto my bank with my copys of their emails and let them know i been doing buisness here for 6 months and they should put a hold on and a chargeback on all my payments to them for the past half year and investigate my payments because wholesale says they suspect it to be fraud.

WOAH FUCK OFF RIGHT THERE PAL

I was 50/50 on you for a bit but you can go and fuck off. Why charge back 6 months of service THAT THEY PROVIDED. Why?

You are scum and need to fuck off. That is down right shocking. People work hard here and they give you the service, new card added and they want ID proof to link the card to you account and you don't like it and wanna chargeback 6 months? You sir are pure scum.
    That is coming from someone in the north of england. Pure scum.

• hzrhzr Member

princeshoko said: Perhaps ill gonto my bank with my copys of their emails and let them know i been doing buisness here for 6 months and they should put a hold on and a chargeback on all my payments to them for the past half year and investigate my payments because wholesale says they suspect it to be fraud.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

princeshoko said: chargeback on all my payments to them for the past half year

Hold your horses there. You're getting into chargeback fraud territory.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    WOAH FUCK OFF RIGHT THERE PAL

And now I love you again.

• No i didnt say i was gonna chargeback. I said i was going to have it held and investigated for chargeback for fraud on their words. They said it was fraud. So lets find out.

When there is no fraud found they keep their money.

They have great service, amazing in fact couldnt say anything more happy i am as a client of the service.

But horrid customer service. They wanted a ohoto so I sent them one. They wont like it.
    Im done with them.

• princeshoko said: Perhaps ill gonto my bank with my copys of their emails and let them know i been doing buisness here for 6 months and they should put a hold on and a chargeback on all my payments to them for the past half year and investigate my payments because wholesale says they suspect it to be fraud.

Don't bother signing up for my host - I'll cancel/refund the order without warning and report you to FraudRecord if I see you in my system.

Thanked by 2GenjiSwitchPls Pwner
  • @princeshoko said:
    No i didnt say i was gonna chargeback. I said i was going to have it held and investigated for chargeback for fraud on their words. They said it was fraud. So lets find out.

When there is no fraud found they keep their money.

They have great service, amazing in fact couldnt say anything more happy i am as a client of the service.

But horrid customer service. They wanted a ohoto so I sent them one. They wont like it.
    Im done with them.

Please provide proof where the called it fraud? It is fraud PREVENTION measures. Card changes to old accounts regardless of if its an expire update do need to be checked in my opinion.

Their practise was standard and fine. You do not need to go ahead do anything but either send ID or fuck off.

What wrongdoing have they committed? They are well in their right to ASK for ID. You do NOT HAVE to give them it.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • ElliotJElliotJ Member

princeshoko said: They wanted a ohoto so I sent them one. They wont like it.

$200 please.