Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

westplainshosting is BIG Liar!Never buy it! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

westplainshosting is BIG Liar!Never buy it!

124»

Comments

• @burtli said:

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I don't understand why WestPlain(s)Hosting aren't refunding clients if they're canceling orders and deleting accounts...

Has anyone received the cost of their VPS to their account balance at least? (Providing your account is not deleted obviously)

I use this account to login to display this information

Did you open a dispute via PayPal before they deleted your account?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

Well if you ordered the addons after seeing for free off some forum due to a error then YOU dont deserve to get your money back. Then the situation above where the user order one with free addons and no addons you kinda fucked yourself on that one. You were trying to be dishonest so you reap what you sow. If the provider would just provide a refund to all dishonest fucks minus paypal fees then it would a good jesture. Plus it is on the host to check these things but things do slip by.

EDIT: BLAH im a cunt.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Well if you ordered the addons after seeing for free off some forum due to a error then YOU dont deserve to get your money back. Then the situation above where the user order one with free addons and no addons you kinda fucked yourself on that one. You were trying to be dishonest so you reap what you sow. If the provider would just provide a refund to all dishonest fucks minus paypal fees then it would a good jesture. Plus it is on the host to check these things but things do slip by.

Well, they did technically steal money. They did not refund users the amount they paid before the free add-ons, and they deleted other services (paid for completely) on the account.

WestPlainsHosting really needs to re-evaluate their policies and the way the handle problems. I've never seen a company react like this when they've made a mistake. (ex. Lenovo, who made a pricing mistake years ago, offered a $100 rebate and a full refund.)

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

doghouch said: WestPlainsHosting really needs to re-evaluate their policies and the way the handle problems. I've never seen a company react like this when they've made a mistake. (ex. Lenovo, who made a pricing mistake years ago, offered a $100 rebate and a full refund.)

Imagine if they'd sent an email to the orders they couldn't honor like this: "you got us, dude. so did lots of people. we're just a small company so we can't honor the orders due to the misconfig - it would put us out of business - but we do want to reward your enthusiasm. Here's a special WE_SCREWED_UP promo code for a discount on any add-ons. Click here..."

• hzrhzr Member

raindog308 said: Imagine if they'd sent an email to the orders they couldn't honor like this: "you got us, dude. so did lots of people. we're just a small company so we can't honor the orders due to the misconfig - it would put us out of business - but we do want to reward your enthusiasm. Here's a special WE_SCREWED_UP promo code for a discount on any add-ons. Click here..."

Considering hostloc's user base I'm not entirely sure that would result in anything but "scam chargeback" and profanity and ddos

• AmitzAmitz Member

So hostloc and LET share their userbase?

• burtliburtli Member

@IThinkUFailed said:

@burtli said:

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I don't understand why WestPlain(s)Hosting aren't refunding clients if they're canceling orders and deleting accounts...

Has anyone received the cost of their VPS to their account balance at least? (Providing your account is not deleted obviously)

Of course, I have to paypal dispute, my account and the host have been deleted, without any notice,This is not respect for the customer's behavior, and i can not contact them, they are not providing services, but still charges.

• burtliburtli Member
    edited May 2017

@doghouch said:

@PieNotEvenEaten said:

Well, they did technically steal money. They did not refund users the amount they paid before the free add-ons, and they deleted other services (paid for completely) on the account.

WestPlainsHosting really needs to re-evaluate their policies and the way the handle problems. I've never seen a company react like this when they've made a mistake. (ex. Lenovo, who made a pricing mistake years ago, offered a $100 rebate and a full refund.)

right
    Users should not pay for your mistakes.
    Can not provide services to refund, which is the most basic business ethics.

• burtliburtli Member

@raindog308 said:

doghouch said: WestPlainsHosting really needs to re-evaluate their policies and the way the handle problems. I've never seen a company react like this when they've made a mistake. (ex. Lenovo, who made a pricing mistake years ago, offered a $100 rebate and a full refund.)

Imagine if they'd sent an email to the orders they couldn't honor like this: "you got us, dude. so did lots of people. we're just a small company so we can't honor the orders due to the misconfig - it would put us out of business - but we do want to reward your enthusiasm. Here's a special WE_SCREWED_UP promo code for a discount on any add-ons. Click here..."

They should at least be polite to inform the user can not provide the reasons for the service should not be deleted after the account and the host without any feedback, the customer will feel hurt, resulting in the user to take fierce means, do not respect the user's company is difficult to make money

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2017

raindog nailed it. customer's shouldn't be surprised at the revocation of the mistaken stuff, owner cant assume simply cancelling the free add-ons is suffice... the path of least resistance would simply be to cancel and refund the orders, apologise and ask customers to purchase again if they would without the mistaken extras.

deleting and no-refunds is daft.

• burtliburtli Member

@ricardo said:
    raindog nailed it. customer's shouldn't be surprised at the revocation of the mistaken stuff, owner cant assume simply cancelling the free add-ons is suffice... the path of least resistance would simply be to cancel and refund the orders, apologise and ask customers to purchase again if they would without the mistaken extras.

deleting and no-refunds is daft.

Right,I think very simple things to the extent of the development is now a very unnecessary thing, because it is their original company's mistakes, to the customer Road apology, tell the customer why can not provide such services, and then a quick refund, no Any controversy.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

burtli said: right Users should not pay for your mistakes. Can not provide services to refund, which is the most basic business ethics.

Really if the user(s) knew it was a mistake I would accept that and was a ONE time thing. But there when you click on the link in the forum knowing it was a MISTAKE and exploiting the system to get free items is not acceptable. Maybe WPS took the literal meaning eye for an eye. You are trying to scam me in turn I am going to take your money. I agree the host should refund the money no matter what. But refunding all those orders actually takes time and money out the host's pocket. So refund them minus the fee's associated with those transactions.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • burtliburtli Member

@PieNotEvenEaten said:

burtli said: right Users should not pay for your mistakes. Can not provide services to refund, which is the most basic business ethics.

Really if the user(s) knew it was a mistake I would accept that and was a ONE time thing. But there when you click on the link in the forum knowing it was a MISTAKE and exploiting the system to get free items is not acceptable. Maybe WPS took the literal meaning eye for an eye. You are trying to scam me in turn I am going to take your money. I agree the host should refund the money no matter what. But refunding all those orders actually takes time and money out the host's pocket. So refund them minus the fee's associated with those transactions.

We are not cheating, a member found that your additional configuration does not charge and then share the forum, we try to buy your service, your system to receive orders, we thought it was a special offer, and you manually open the service processing orders Do not you re-check the order configuration? You should accept the order, it is signed on behalf of the contract, it should have a spirit of contract, if you can not fulfill the contract should request the customer to cancel the order, to solve the problem, and should not notify the customer unilaterally delete orders and services.
    again, the customer is paying for the purchase service, not deceiving you, At a preferential price to buy a good service is the desire of most users,We can not judge your operating costs, there is no such obligation,we just pay to buy the service only.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2017

Can't believe people are standing up for scum. WPH was at fault and did the wrong thing by deleting accounts, removing the service and keeping the money. Wrong thing period. It's not the customers fault a host can't setup a cart and service ordering properly.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

We thought it was a special order.... yeah right hahahahahaha

• @burtli said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@burtli said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Of course, I have to paypal dispute, my account and the host have been deleted, without any notice,This is not respect for the customer's behavior, and i can not contact them, they are not providing services, but still charges.

That doesn't answer the question. Did you open a dispute after your order was canceled? Or was your account immediately closed and services canceled and then you opened a dispute?

• rokokrokok Member

Open or not open dispute (after&before), services + account deleted. And he kept the money... scam cunt

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Guys, @westplainshosting is now a dead horse as far as LET is concerned. No need to keep hitting the dead horse.

The only way now for @westplainshosting to save face would be to repent and to issue refunds, like @ContraWeb did. Otherwise, it's all over as far as LET is concerned.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@angstrom for mod!

I agree, this thread is played out. If someone has new experiences with West Plains (or West Plain as they are sometimes known), feel free to open a new thread.

Thanked by 1angstrom
This discussion has been closed.