Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I live in Iran. I am looking for a VPN/SSH tunnel alternative. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I live in Iran. I am looking for a VPN/SSH tunnel alternative.

124»

Comments

• Maounique said: Not sure if trolling...

Hah.. tell your arguments instead decision.

• @xddxdd said:
    I can't believe that Shadowsocks is banned. It's not possible.
    Shadowsocks is designed specifically against DPI.
    I have to ask if you have actually tried it in Iran.

This is the first thing that came to my mind. It works in china. It's hard to believe that Iran's off the shelf DPI is blocking something that GFW can't.

• Could you send a tutorial link? Etc for OpenVPN over HTTP(S) proxy.. I will not be here in a few hours anymore.

• @fusetea said:
    Could you send a tutorial link? Etc for OpenVPN over HTTP(S) proxy.. I will not be here in a few hours anymore.

Why don't you just go with stunnel and openvpn? It's fairly easy to setup.

• @stefeman said:

@fusetea said:
    Could you send a tutorial link? Etc for OpenVPN over HTTP(S) proxy.. I will not be here in a few hours anymore.

Could you send a tutorial link? Suitable for Android?

• @fusetea said:

@stefeman said:

@fusetea said:

Could you send a tutorial link? Suitable for Android?

stunnel is desktop application. So no.

• @stefeman How is 'HTTP Proxy over OpenVPN' set up?

• @fusetea said:
    @stefeman How is 'HTTP Proxy over OpenVPN' set up?

Will not work with android either.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

Smartphones support all kinds of VPN protocols nowdays, but if you require something to fool DPI system on your smartphone, then it will limit your options even more.

As far as I know, if your platform is a smartphone, the only way to get past DPI would be editing OpenVPN android source and compiling it to .apk as the current one does not offer such capabilities. Another being already existing apps for commercial VPN's.. I only know that VyperVPN's "Chameleon" and Torguard's "Stealth VPN" protocols are coded into their android apps, so you might want to try those if you are limited to phones. VPN.ac and Proxy.sh might also have their "XOR patch" in their VPN apps..

If you are using desktop/laptop, then you have more options as said before in this thread.

• @fusetea said:
    Shadowsocks: lately it's not working stable.

I find it hard to believe that SS is not working. But if it really doesn't work, you could try the improved obfuscation methods in SSR.

• Try govpn from ru cypherpunks.

Thanked by 1deadbeef