Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I live in Iran. I am looking for a VPN/SSH tunnel alternative. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I live in Iran. I am looking for a VPN/SSH tunnel alternative.

Comments

• ehabehab Member

@emre said:

if i visit turkey i would love to chat with you :) maybe next summer inshallah.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited March 2017

I thought Turkey was the worst with blocking Twitter and Minecraft country-wide, I didn't know Iran also was in a similar situation.

Some countries like Australia block piracy sites but dns workarounds work on most ISPs, etc.

• @ethancedrik said:
    run OpenVPN over port 80 or 443? That's what I did to get it working on my schools wifi

Unfortunately.. OpenVPN TCP-UDP 80/53/443 port: Banned.

• NomadNomad Member

@emre said:
    @fusetea do you want a job in Turkey and live here or not ? :)

What I am offering you is some kind of miracle for you.

You got 40 hours to spend in Turkey and post a topic in some forum and a guy like me responded with an offer.

If you want to live and work in Turkey especially in Bursa, please do take my offer seriously.

We will see if I can setup necessary permits for you. Permits are my problem being your employer. But as usual at first I must see your CV and know more about you.

It's your decision to trust me or not...

@emre,

Which DC is that, care to elaborate?

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • YuraYura Member

@ethancedrik said:
    I thought Turkey was the worst with blocking Twitter and Minecraft country-wide

Oh horror!

Thanked by 2WSS dedicados
  • @fusetea said:

@ethancedrik said:
    run OpenVPN over port 80 or 443? That's what I did to get it working on my schools wifi

Unfortunately.. OpenVPN TCP-UDP 80/53/443 port: Banned.

They must be filtering specific TCP traffic then, I'm not sure of another way around, there has to be some way though

• @ethancedrik said:
    I thought Turkey was the worst with blocking Twitter and Minecraft country-wide, I didn't know Iran also was in a similar situation.

Some countries like Australia block piracy sites but dns workarounds work on most ISPs, etc.

Currently, Twitter is not banned in Turkey. It is banned in Iran.

• WSSWSS Member

@fusetea said:

@ethancedrik said:

If they're willing to ban tumblr, they may very well be onto a revolution against stupidity.

Thanked by 1raidz
  • emreemre Member, LIR

ehab said: if i visit turkey i would love to chat with you :) maybe next summer inshallah.

Hey @ehab just PM me before your visit, I will give you my office address.

@Nomad, no I am not brave enough to post my company details in public especially on LET.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • nulldevnulldev Member
    edited March 2017

@fusetea said:
    @nulldev How can I install Chisel on Ubuntu 14.04 server?

wget "https://github.com/jpillora/chisel/releases/download/1.1.4/chisel_linux_amd64.gz"

gunzip chisel_linux_amd64.gz

chmod +x chisel_linux_amd64

Run chisel with: ./chisel_linux_amd64.

You will probably need some linux experience to set up chisel.

• @WSS said:

@fusetea said:

@ethancedrik said:

If they're willing to ban tumblr, they may very well be onto a revolution against stupidity.

Currently Tumblr is not banned. (in TR.)

• Why not try more OpenVPN port? 138/137/139.

But you need to open your server's port first. Transpond 138/137 to 8080 or something.

You can try:)

• YuraYura Member

@WSS said:

@fusetea said:

@ethancedrik said:

Yeah, at least people would spend less time looking at dumb images and have chance to read more BuzzFeed and Huffington Post. It would be era of Digital Enlightenment. I can see it alright...

/packing flint and canned tuna into a backpack\

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited March 2017

Use Tor with a pluggable transport!

Is Google App Engine banned? You can try to set up a private mirrorrr web proxy (password protected) https://github.com/bslatkin/mirrorrr

• @nulldev

root@privacy:~# ./chisel_linux_amd64                        
            Usage: chisel [command] [--help]

Version: 1.1.4

Commands:
              server - runs chisel in server mode
              client - runs chisel in client mode

Read more:
              https://github.com/jpillora/chisel

root@privacy:~#

What am I going to do here?

• fusetea said: fusetea

Can you tell which purposes your VPN? Why you need force censorship?

Grom said: Move to a better country.

Can you provide some example?

• @jenkki social media, streaming etc..

• WSSWSS Member

@fustea Do you have an extended family? Is there any specific reason you haven't jumped at the opportunity @emre has offered you?

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Tried an IPv6 tunnel? This might provide some unexpected opportunities if it works.

• @Maounique said:
    Tried an IPv6 tunnel? This might provide some unexpected opportunities if it works.

How can I do it?

• @WSS said:
    @fustea Do you have an extended family? Is there any specific reason you haven't jumped at the opportunity @emre has offered you?

This. Not sure why he's not jumping. I'd give @emre a bj if I am iranian and he offered to reloc me and my fam to Turkey. LOL

• fusetea said: social media, streaming etc..

Are you journalist? Strange movements Iran-Turkey

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • @WSS said:

I have a job right now. I'm dealing with trade. I know Persian, Kurdish, English, Arabic and Turkish. (Advanced level.) @emre I can help if there is translation work.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

https://tunnelbroker.net/

It may be a bit complicated, but, while i dont know your particular conditions, I believe protocol encapsulation for IPv6 may not be a frequent issue for the DPI rules, so it may pass unnoticed for a while. Just check the relevant forums in farsi for actual level of censorship implementation on it.

• @jenkki said:

fusetea said: social media, streaming etc..

Are you journalist? Strange movements Iran-Turkey

I'm dealing with trade.

• emreemre Member, LIR

yolo_me said: @WSS said: @fustea Do you have an extended family? Is there any specific reason you haven't jumped at the opportunity @emre has offered you?

This. Not sure why he's not jumping. I'd give @emre a bj if I am iranian and he offered to reloc me and my fam to Turkey. LOL

My offer stands if anybody interested.

you don't need to be Iranian btw.

I am searching for an assistant for the last 2 3 months or so, after at least 10's of job interviews with people I am thinking If anybody ever installed some kind of linux to their computer.

My requirements are easy.

1- have a little bit knowledge about linux and how internet works. (My job application form have only one question : "what is dns ?")

2- ability to understand what you read in English a little bit.

That's all.

Thanked by 2muratai Dormeo
  • williclarkamwilliclarkam Member
    edited March 2017

Dude, how long haven't you been in Iran?

OpenVPN: NOT BANNED

SoftEther: NOT BANNED

Shadowsocks: NOT BANNED (and workes pretty good)

LT2P/IPSEC: works good, not great

SSTP, haven't tested, though I think it works.

By the way, is your name really that? :D

Thanked by 2Hassan Dormeo
  • williclarkam said: Dude, how long haven't you been in Iran?

I just always wondered, how to ban whole set of protocols on specific country by govs or special forces? That impossible to get full control with it. Just more political reason than in reality.

• @Maounique said:
    https://tunnelbroker.net/

It may be a bit complicated, but, while i dont know your particular conditions, I believe protocol encapsulation for IPv6 may not be a frequent issue for the DPI rules, so it may pass unnoticed for a while. Just check the relevant forums in farsi for actual level of censorship implementation on it.

Hurricane Electric's tunnels are based on the SIT module using encapsulation on IPv4 packets. If the user is unable to get a public IPv4 address ( which could be the case ) this is useless as well. However, he could SSH into his server over IPv6 and then SOCKS proxy over it. I do like your suggestion a lot and it is worth the try to test if encapsulated IP packets pass through, actually, it's not that unlikely that it works. Keep in mind, Encapsulation is an entirely different IP Protocol though, so if they have a default of "BLOCK ALL" and then add excludes, it won't work at all.