Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon S3 down? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon S3 down?

1235»

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

You guys are aware of a place called "Cest Pit"?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bsdguy said: As for corp and large corp, I might be wrong but my understanding is that "corp" per se implies at least mid-size company. Joe's bakery isn't a corp neither is Jane hosting service with 5 or even 15 people.

Actually not true in the US - most small businesses and many single-person shops are corps for various reasons. But of course, a 2-man corporation is very different than a 100,000-man one.

bsdguy said: And cloudfail is by no means a singular case. The list of fails of us of a corps is a long one.

...but so is every other nation's, so...?

bsdguy said: And there are reasons for that. ultra-capitalism for example or a lousy education system; there are regions where about 3/4 of people can't properly read and write and do math after high-school.

I'd like to know which region has 75% illiteracy because I've been to every major CONUS city and I don't remember it. Regardless, US IT companies are staffed by the educated elite.

bsdguy said: But from what I see the main culprit is the ultra-capitalist system where sheer profit greed is the driving force. And that's certainly not just my lone "us of a hater" view. I've read and heard it countless times from us of a developers themselves: Rather than being allowed to fix at least bad errors they are pushed for a new version with new features.

Me, too. The difference is that I've heard that from all over the world. You seem to think the US is different in that regard, but that has not been my experience. I suppose if you want to only buy from Norwegian or North Korean IT companies or something, go for it, but I don't think your theory that capitalism = outages is going to stand up to empirical scrutiny.