Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon S3 down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• https://status.github.com/

"We are investigating issues serving web hooks as well as assets on GitHub.com."

• Nope whole S3 is down AWS is still showing green but

definitely down and

AWS_IS_SCAM

• @yomero said:
    https://status.github.com/

"We are investigating issues serving web hooks as well as assets on GitHub.com."

Is it S3 that's causing this problem, or Github itself?

• @sanvit said:

@yomero said:

S3.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited February 2017

@simonindia said:
    Nope whole S3 is down AWS is still showing green but

definitely down and

AWS_IS_SCAM

@Yoda said:

@sanvit said:

@yomero said:

S3.

Yeah,,, Other s3 buckets are also not responding... Even s3.amazonaws.com itself...

• I just love to see my cheif's face now he is the one believed much AWS services will not fail and i know its will start some thing more but for now#AWS_s3_is_down

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

how it can be a cloud? as it seems to me everything is stored on one node - misleading and mis-sale and not as described the service.

• @doughmanes said:
    AWS deadpooled. Any refugee offers?

Backblaze's B2 is offering free 10GB storage and 1GB download a day. Give it a try!

@simonindia said:
    I just love to see my cheif's face now he is the one believed much AWS services will not fail and i know its will start some thing more but for now#AWS_s3_is_down

I also thought AWS will not fail...

@WebProject said:
    how it can be a cloud? as it seems to me everything is stored on one node - misleading and mis-sale and not as described the service.

Well, maybe the whole DC is down or just a software error...?

Thanked by 2yomero arda
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

sanvit said: Well, maybe the whole DC is down

globally every amazon DC is down? I don't think so.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Only East Us region is down

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

Only US-EAST-1*, all AZs. Only S3 affected, global replicated is still online.

This also affects Elastic Beanstalk and RDS restores etc. that are based on S3 partly.

Services are coming back now - EFS (both HA and cheap) was not affected seemingly.

Major issues for many companies (eg. Treasuedata, Github and Hashicorp things as Terraform), LA/SV is nightmare status right now...

As usual AWS rather useless, also for premium support customers. We'll see for the RCA then later.

• And yet

Note to self : Don't rely on AWS's status page.

status.aws.amazon.com

• Services restoring...

LA/SV gods coming down now to raise over their underlings, many management meetings now everywhere... will be interesting day.

• Had a notification sent out clients but most of them thought there is some error on theirs than suspecting on AWS

what-a-world-we-live-in

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WebProject said: how it can be a cloud? as it seems to me everything is stored on one node - misleading and mis-sale and not as described the service.

There are many reasons things could be down - e.g., DNS, network, HTTPS certs, API, etc. That doesn't mean that Amazon is not storing things as they claim.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @boernd said:

Still not working for me...

• simonindia said: Had a notification sent out clients but most of them thought there is some error on theirs than suspecting on AWS

Actually, like for me, it was 100% clear it is an S3 issue - what else should it be if your S3 connections time out....

But yea, as usual Amazon communication policies are questionable.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2017

@William said:

simonindia said: Had a notification sent out clients but most of them thought there is some error on theirs than suspecting on AWS

Actually, like for me, it was 100% clear it is an S3 issue - what else should it be if your S3 connections time out....

But yea, as usual Amazon communication policies are questionable.

Their status panel is shit and for good or bad some clients want to move and require us to give options within 24 hours

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

simonindia said: bad some clients want to move and require us to give options within 24 hours

They are not large then and probably simple to move, because no one large would set that as in any way realistic goal for planning.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2017

@William said:

simonindia said: bad some clients want to move and require us to give options within 24 hours

They are not large then and probably simple to move, because no one large would set that as in any way realistic goal for planning.

Yep but they are some what large in the neighbor hood of 50 to 60 K USD monthly large they host their whole infra there but want option in less than 24 hours

• Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard.

Great, they fixed the status page ...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Next ETA will be when the kettle is boiled

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well that explains why SES is dead.

Francisco

• Well, that's just the kick I needed to move to Backblaze. It's cheaper too.

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited February 2017

@Francisco said:
    Well that explains why SES is dead.

Francisco

Here's a bigger list

The issues appear to be affecting Buffer, Business Insider, Chef, Citrix, Codecademy, Coursera, Docker, Expedia, Expensify, Giphy, Heroku, Home Chef, iFixit, IFTTT, isitdownrightnow.com, Lonely Planet, Mailchimp, Medium, Microsoft’s HockeyApp, News Corp, Quora, Razer, Slack, Travis CI, Trello, Twilio, Unbounce, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and Zendesk, among other services. Airbnb, Down Detector, Freshdesk, Pinterest, SendGrid, Snapchat’s Bitmoji, and Time Inc. are currently working slowly. Parts of Amazon itself also seems to be facing technical problems at the moment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AWS health dashboard shows 25 affected services in us-east-1

• @sanvit said:

@boernd said:

Still not working for me...

It's alternate working.

Thanked by 2netomx Amitz
  • Can we mount s3 storage on VPS these days like actual storage?

• Sunny day for Amazon's cloud, eh.