Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net special restocked - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net special restocked

Comments

• @Cdoe said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Another answer from they:

"Hello,

Yes I confirm, there was an error if it is, carefull on the forum because all person don't understand the raid :-(

But I confirm we will replace by the same 2Tb.

There is not guaranteed bandwidth on speciel offers and we allow until 200mbps on this offer.

Regards

Vincent R."

To be honest, support's english is way better, so I say fake as f00ck

Are you saying that this is fake?

• mtsbatalha said: Are you saying that this is fake?

He did so yes

Thanked by 1netomx
  • they capped the connection to only 200Mbps?

• I definitely have gotten close to 1gbps inbound transfer on my Online promo server. Haven't tried any substantial outbound transfers yet.

• 200Mbps doesnt make sense:

Convert
    = 200 Mbps = 25 MB/s = 23.8 MiB/s
    = 1.5 GB/min = 1.4 GiB/min
    = 90 GB/hr = 83.8 GiB/hr
    = 2.16 TB/day = 1.96 TiB/day

so like 64.8TB/Month..

wouldnt that be a transfer limit?

"Transfer is unlimited. There is no transfer limit but there is no guaranteed bandwidth either."

• I'm getting well over 90MB/s outbound from Online to Hetzner. Have gotten around the same speed in the other direction earlier. I suspect Online's connectivity with Hetzner is unusually good, though.

• @Cdoe said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Another answer from they:

"Hello,

Yes I confirm, there was an error if it is, carefull on the forum because all person don't understand the raid :-(

But I confirm we will replace by the same 2Tb.

There is not guaranteed bandwidth on speciel offers and we allow until 200mbps on this offer.

Regards

Vincent R."

To be honest, support's english is way better, so I say fake as f00ck

Here's the fake proof:

Thanked by 1Cdoe
  • well, yeah..you can burst to the 1 gbit. it's been in the past that if you are consistently over the "guaranteed limit" that they will make you throttle the server or suspend you.

Thats why the statement on no transfer limit and no guaranteed bandwidth is odd. If they say its 200mb/s and you should not go over that then you obviously have a transfer limit. It's contradictory.

If you think like a normal person would say the guaranteed limit just means I should get at least that value or higher than that value then the statement from online.net makes sense..ala it could run 200mb/s(using the above value)-1gb/s..we're not going to complain as long as you don't but you can transfer as much as you want given that the bandwidth will vary on you.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

RXWatcher said: 200Mbps doesnt make sense:

Convert = 200 Mbps = 25 MB/s = 23.8 MiB/s = 1.5 GB/min = 1.4 GiB/min = 90 GB/hr = 83.8 GiB/hr = 2.16 TB/day = 1.96 TiB/day

so like 64.8TB/Month..

wouldnt that be a transfer limit?

"Transfer is unlimited. There is no transfer limit but there is no guaranteed bandwidth either."

I wonder what's your calculation is supposed to prove. So 1 Gbps is 325 TB/month, "WOW isn't that a transfer limit?"

Thanked by 3willie GZS netomx
  • I guess I shouldnt have spoken. My point was just that the offer says transfer is unlimited yet isnt unlimited if you put a cap on the bandwidth..obviously there is a physical limit. I just think the wording of that statement is misleading.

• @rm_ said:
    I wonder what's your calculation is supposed to prove. So 1 Gbps is 325 TB/month, "WOW isn't that a transfer limit?"

650TB if you count full-duplex :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @mtsbatalha said:
    Here's the fake proof:

Damn, sorry. Seems like online.net got their special offer on support members.

• So maybe I should keep my LeaseWeb server E31230 / 16GB RAM / 4x2TB HDD / 1Gbps Full Duplex @ 100TB/month - 39 USD/month???

• mtsbatalha said:

So maybe I should keep my LeaseWeb server E31230 / 16GB RAM / 4x2TB HDD / 1Gbps Full Duplex @ 100TB/month - 39 USD/month???

That's excellent, I'd keep it.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @mtsbatalha said:
    So maybe I should keep my LeaseWeb server E31230 / 16GB RAM / 4x2TB HDD / 1Gbps Full Duplex @ 100TB/month - 39 USD/month???

If you ever decide to let it go please let me know ;-)

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Junkless
  • @mtsbatalha said:

Excellent deal!

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • Detruire said: Anyone with a 2x2TB LT DEALS 1701.1 should hope their drives don't fail. I didn't have any issues getting a replacement for the drive with 668 reallocated sectors (it had failed the long SMART test), but it was replace with a 1TB disk.

After saying that the drives didn't match, and waiting for almost two days, I now have two matching drives.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • A couple of MD DEALS 1701.2 are in stock right now.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Wait, there were 2 when I posted further up, and there's 3 now. So servers are dribbling back onto that page. Interested parties might want to keep watching it. I'm going to try to stop, lest I be tempted ;).

• Is there really 2x120 GB inside or 2x160 GB ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • layfonlayfon Member
    edited February 2017

edit:
    never mind. saw the wrong page

• they restock again, but not too much

• ENT DEALS 1701.4 is the one I really want (can't justify $85/month for it though) and there's a couple them in stock now!

• @willie said:
    ENT DEALS 1701.4 is the one I really want (can't justify $85/month for it though) and there's a couple them in stock now!

You mean 85 euros which is about 30 bucks if you're quick enough about it xD - the other 40 ish afterwards. I wouldn't mind one of the e5-1650s but I found that my server I have now actually came with a hardware card when it shouldn't of done.

• DrFallen said: You mean 85 euros which is about 30 bucks if you're quick enough about it xD - the other 40 ish afterwards.

Heh. I think it would be around 45 now and another 85 at the end of the month, covering all of next month. If I could pay a couple bucks to play with it for half a day, I would, but don't really feel like I'd get anything out of having it for weeks. I have some longer term projects that might want it someday and it's a real cool machine, but I'm ok with my two HDD servers. Also I can get a Scaleway with 120GB ram for around 8 bucks a day if I temporarily need that much ram for something. But most obvious stuff other than big caches wanting 120gb can be done with a 32gb machine and several passes over the data.

• i just want this deal LT DEALS 1701.3

• @willie said:

DrFallen said: You mean 85 euros which is about 30 bucks if you're quick enough about it xD - the other 40 ish afterwards.

Heh. I think it would be around 45 now and another 85 at the end of the month, covering all of next month. If I could pay a couple bucks to play with it for half a day, I would, but don't really feel like I'd get anything out of having it for weeks. I have some longer term projects that might want it someday and it's a real cool machine, but I'm ok with my two HDD servers. Also I can get a Scaleway with 120GB ram for around 8 bucks a day if I temporarily need that much ram for something. But most obvious stuff other than big caches wanting 120gb can be done with a 32gb machine and several passes over the data.

True true. I wouldn't mind one of the 2 x 2tb as I'll try and use esxi even though I have to use opera neon for self signed sites apparently.

@hawkjohn7 said:
    i just want this deal LT DEALS 1701.3

The H/W raid 2x1TB?

• Yep, those went very fast :).

• @DrFallen said:

@willie said:

Yes, they come with e3 1240v2

I have one