Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net special restocked
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net special restocked

As the title says they restocked some of the specials starting from €16.99 /month

https://www.online.net/en/winter-2017/sales

Have fun

Comments

• Looks like they heard about the c series atoms.

Thanked by 1d1m4s
  • @DrFallen said:
    Looks like they heard about the c series atoms.

It does yes aha however they are still selling them under their family range

• @piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

Yeah and they will still be available via scaleway too. Wouldn't of minded picking up a 1tb but I already have a 500gb vps that's $4 so didn't bother.

Not sure what the difference is between their 39.99 E3 and 59.99 one both seem to have 2 x 2TB and some proc/ram. Not that I need another picked up a 20 euro one before.

• @DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

Yeah and they will still be available via scaleway too. Wouldn't of minded picking up a 1tb but I already have a 500gb VPS that's $4 so didn't bother.

Not sure what the difference is between their 39.99 E3 and 59.99 one both seem to have 2 x 2TB and some proc/ram. Not that I need another picked up a 20 euro one before.

I had the same one except I got 2x2tb instead of 2x1tb and i get a better CPU :)

• thanks

• Wow, nice. Looks like NONE of them (even the pro range) come with 1gbps internal network without buying the business support package. But there's some really good deals there, like WOPR DEALS 1701.1, 2x E5-2670 with 256GB Ram and 3x 120GB SSD for 114.99 euro. I want to graduate to something like that when I get some money. There's some great stuff further down too, plus the Start range is restocked. Would have liked an XC with gigabit RPN. Maybe they are onto us.

• @piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

Yeah and they will still be available via scaleway too. Wouldn't of minded picking up a 1tb but I already have a 500gb VPS that's $4 so didn't bother.

I had the same one except I got 2x2tb instead of 2x1tb and i get a better CPU :)

Yeah I heard some people got better cpus can't complain with what I got even if it feels like hitting myself with a blunt instrument talking to support. Super tempted by their E5 1650 but I know if you try to setup raid other than their install options it's not going to happen.

• @DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

Yeah I heard some people got better cpus can't complain with what I got even if it feels like hitting myself with a blunt instrument talking to support. Super tempted by their E5 1650 but I know if you try to setup raid other than their install options it's not going to happen.

Iv done ok, i had to setup raid via idrac though and then while installing windows i had to make my own iso with dell's raid drivers ....

• @piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

@piohost said:

@DrFallen said:

Iv done ok, i had to setup raid via idrac though and then while installing windows i had to make my own iso with dell's raid drivers ....

Yeah I pretty much got to that exact point had it all setup under Raid 1 and I had hoped they would have an iso on their virtualmedia but nope and I talked to support and they said "It's the sofware RAID sir you don't manage it." Is it similar to hetzner where you have to use samba transfer for iso? I got one of the Dell R220.

• Thinking of ordering one or two Start servers to play disk drive roulette, but I guess I don't care that much at this point. Actually think of backing off my 20 euro 32gb server for the 17 euro 16gb one to save 3 euro, but meh, if I can't afford the 3 euro I'm in even worse trouble than I thought. Hmm.

• @willie said:
    Thinking of ordering one or two Start servers to play disk drive roulette, but I guess I don't care that much at this point. Actually think of backing off my 20 euro 32gb server for the 17 euro 16gb one to save 3 euro, but meh, if I can't afford the 3 euro I'm in even worse trouble than I thought. Hmm.

You certainly wouldn't find 16GB ram for 3 euros anywhere xD Anything wrong with the disks you have now?

• I have 2x1TB as advertised, but I know some people ordered the same server and got 2x2TB.

I don't really need the extra 16GB of ram since I have a 32GB server at Hetzner. The 20 euro, 32gb, 2x1TB server at Online is a little bit marginal because a comparable server at Hetzner with 2x 3TB is around 30 euro, so 4TB more disk space for 10 euro, hard to resist. Online is nicer than Hetzner in some ways though, and their network to the US seems to be better.

I notice the MD servers claim to be "customizeable" but I don't see any customization options in the order form. Any idea what that's about?

Thanked by 1layfon
  • @willie said:
    I have 2x1TB as advertised, but I know some people ordered the same server and got 2x2TB.

I don't really need the extra 16GB of ram since I have a 32GB server at Hetzner. The 20 euro, 32gb, 2x1TB server at Online is a little bit marginal because a comparable server at Hetzner with 2x 3TB is around 30 euro, so 4TB more disk space for 10 euro, hard to resist. Online is nicer than Hetzner in some ways though, and their network to the US seems to be better.

I notice the MD servers claim to be "customizeable" but I don't see any customization options in the order form. Any idea what that's about?

I think that was when they offered usb external drives I think it's now their nas drives?? Not 100% on that but that's what I remember

• Most of servers must've been dropped because of some reason. Probably people bought like 10 of them, kept the ones with fresh HDDs/bonuses like 2TB extra and dropped the rest.

Still good deal though.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Maybe it's something you can only set up after buying. I'm not about to buy in order to find out though. Interesting that one of the features with business level support with those MD servers is data center access. Makes me think you can swap HD's around and stuff like that, maybe. Too bad I'm not in France.

Man, a few of those 17 euro servers and I'd have a decent compute farm, but gotta save the cash for now. Can always add a Hetzner if I need more oomph, I guess.

• I dropped my LT DEALS 1701.3 because it has really slow and old hdd. I feel pity for the unlucky person who get the server I've dropped.

• I'm tempted to pick up a second 20EUR one, but the lack of guaranteed bandwidth puts me off. I don't want an email in a couple of months telling me that pushing 100Mb/s is too much.

• I get much more than 100Mb/s but I don't use a huge amount of total transfer. Just a large one now and then.

• not late to the party, yay!

• @Detruire said:
    I'm tempted to pick up a second 20EUR one, but the lack of guaranteed bandwidth puts me off. I don't want an email in a couple of months telling me that pushing 100Mb/s is too much.

According to Andy10gbit (seedbox tuner and reseller), online's specials are locked to 250mbits if you push 1Gbit too much

Thanked by 1willie
  • cpu seems powerful 9000 some cpubenc score..

• @Detruire said:
    I'm tempted to pick up a second 20EUR one, but the lack of guaranteed bandwidth puts me off. I don't want an email in a couple of months telling me that pushing 100Mb/s is too much.

Think you'd be safe with that think it's more those who push close to the port capacity constantly. I can certainly use 980 D/U but use about 2% of it most of the time.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Meh.

• didtav said: I dropped my LT DEALS 1701.3

was it sd-56667 ? :)

• I don't see how you can use up the bw of a 20 eur server and not think you've gotten your money's worth ;).

• @willie said:
    I don't see how you can use up the bw of a 20 eur server and not think you've gotten your money's worth ;).

Fair point :D

• Still, believe the last month deal was better :) XC Deals.

• Got mine 1701.1 - disks with 18k hours, but remember guys that's nothing for enterprise grade hardware. Someone probably dropped it, because didn't get 2x2TB.

Thanks @piohost

• @racksx said:
    Still, believe the last month deal was better :) XC Deals.

What when it burns out in under 18 months xD

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I wanted a cheaper one