Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End VPS Offer Posting Rules (Update 2012) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End VPS Offer Posting Rules (Update 2012)

Comments

• Urgh all these international laws -- how can we keep up with all of those?! But yeah, hosting industry is a bit like wild west at the moment especially with new niches like cheap VPS hosting.

• LEB is definitely a good place. People here are good at making services better and better.

• mountspot said: LEB is definitely a good place. People here are good at making services better and better.

And I think our best brains should polish even more the mandatory information any offer should provide, and - why not - what should not appear .... Am I dreaming? :-)

• LowEndAdmin said: hosting industry is a bit like wild west at the moment especially with new niches like cheap VPS hosting.

just remind me about openssh shirt.. "Secure Login Across The Wild Wild Web" :P

• Nice, thanks LEB admin!

• Maybe obvious bumping should be considered a nono as well.

• I'm just being pedantic but I kinda dislike blatantly false advertising like a certain member's sig with "We`re the best, in budget VPS" when they're clearly not

• Maybe obvious bumping should be considered a nono as well

Maybe I should force all the offers to "sink" by default (i.e. new comments won't bump up the thread). Let me see whether it is doable on Vanilla...

• LowEndAdmin said: Maybe I should force all the offers to "sink" by default (i.e. new comments won't bump up the thread). Let me see whether it is doable on Vanilla...

What is for sure available is a way for each of us to sink this kind of thread! And that would be nice, really!

• @LowEndAdmin

Maybe I should force all the offers to "sink" by default

Nah, I think we should just whack them. Ditto for promoting out of the acceptable price range. Delete on sight at least.

• drmike said: Ditto for promoting out of the acceptable price range.

Then members are free to flag those posts so I can come around and purge them.

• Offer Removed: [UK] Quality Servers - Xen Blowout!

Reason: Only 13 days since previous offer.

• @LowEndAdmin

Which time zone are you in?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

He's in Aus but it's still only 14 days in that case @jtodd

Francisco

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2011

@Francisco

Maximum 1 post per provider per 14 days. More frequent than that would be regarded as spams and posts will be removed.

• Should have displayed the actual time of the old posts... However if in doubt, try not to post on the 14 day boundary :)

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2011

@LowEndAdmin
    No worries. I'll wait until later.

• Just a quick mention that I know I would like to see the name of the provider in the title of the thread. We have a couple currently that don't have them. Also closing of the previous thread with a link to the updated offer would be a plus. Right now we appear to have a provider running two separate threads. (Not pointing fingers. Just saying so.)

Also reviews should include the name of the provider. I think that's occurring now but would be a plus to state that as so.

thanks

• hello,

Maximum 1 post per provider per 14 days. Oh it too long time, we every week have special offers :(

OK rules are rules, we must keep it.

Thanks in advance for information

• @balticservers You are a SPAMMER

• @balticservers: still posting here? why didn't answer to your spam threads?

• well @nordicvps got away with 2 offers within that time period.

• Hello,

please explaint that, about what you are talking. If i review all post like that, here find a lot of spammers. Do you know what are spam?

• @balticservers i just replied in one of your other threads. If you run a hosting company like you answer questions here in the forums, I feel very sorry for your clients.

(I seem to recall already having this conversation with you. I guess it didn't do any good.)

• I assist hosting company and if i disscusing about hosting problems or searching partners where is a problem? Whats exactly i doing wrong, show this in that project rules.

Thanks in advance.

• @balticservers please remove the affiliate link in your profile.

• Oh, ok renewed. Thanks for information

• i renewed. please review

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

I guess we have problems with the English right?

Well, drmike is referring to your comment in the page of your profile, about a COUPON and so.