Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS acquires 123systems

ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
edited July 2014 in Providers

Reference: https://vpsboard.com/topic/4878-chicagovps-acquires-123systems/

Received the notice a few minutes ago:

New Wave NetConnect Acquires 123Systems

We are very pleased and excited to announce that New Wave NetConnect LLC., the company behind market leader ChicagoVPS, has acquired 123Systems. We are currently conducting a thorough review of all aspects of 123Systems and intend on immediately implementing numerous changes to improve service quality. No aspect of your current service at 123Systems will change, as we will be operating it as a separate division, but with the advantage of our buying power and 24/7 support department. Please continue logging into your customer management system and paying for your services as normal to the existing PayPal account at this time.

We are acutely aware that the services provided by 123Systems over the past year have not been adequate. We want to work with you personally to resolve any outstanding issues and rebuild your trust in 123Systems. I invite you to submit a ticket or email me directly ([email protected]) and I will work with you directly.

< Coupon removed as this is not an offer >

Thank you for your time,

Chris Fabozzi

Owner, New Wave NetConnect

Comments

• blackblack Member

Hopefully CVPS can make 123systems better. Why buy a host with a bad reputation though? I'm just curious.

Thanked by 2netomx Asim
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Old news. Chris and Andrew are just finally coming out of the closet.

• what? ChicagoVPS is kind of garbage pool?

• blackblack Member

@webflier said:
    what? ChicagoVPS is kind of garbage pool?

From what I've noticed, CVPS have much better stability than 123systems. I have a VM with them and it's running fine.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2014

@raindog308 said:
    Old news. Chris and Andrew are just finally coming out of the closet.

Had to try and beat the other forum publicly outing this one too I suppose. Hoping it doesn't go over as bad as UGVPS this time around maybe? ^_^

Step 1: Buy a few VPS brands

Step 2: Get featured as individual brands on LEB technically breaking the rules for LEB adverts for companies

Step 3: Publicly announce before getting outed otherwise.

Step 4: No longer get the companies featured regularly on LEB due to rules

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

lol

• blackblack Member
    edited July 2014

@CVPS_Chris - Restock https://123systems.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=149 and let me use the coupon code please.

black said: From what I've noticed, CVPS have much better stability than 123systems.

Talk about damning with faint praise...

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

We are excited to improve the customer experience at 123Systems. My team and I are ready to take on this task and will work hard to make it better.

@black what product is that? I cannot tell

• blackblack Member

@CVPS_Chris said:
    black what product is that? I cannot tell

@CVPS_Chris Listed on http://list.lowendserv.net/ With coupon code it should be $2/year :P

CVPS_Chris said: We are excited to improve the customer experience at 123Systems. My team and I are ready to take on this task and will work hard to make it better.

You announced it today, but when did you acquire 123?

@raindog308, Andrew took another position near the beginning of the month. So middle of July.

• Will the disk IO finally reach acceptable levels now?

I cancelled my server in DFW (before they cozied up more to CC and moved) when I became convinced their hard drives were really just card catalogs.

raindog308 said: Chris and Andrew are just finally coming out of the closet.

10/10 phrasing

• Oh, well this is interesting...

@ihatetonyy, yes disk I/O will be much better. We are getting rid of the slabbing. All migrations should be complete in the coming weeks.

• @CVPS_Chris Not instant provision?

• blackblack Member

OVZ 256 MB Ram + 256 MB Burst, 10 GB HDD + 500 GB/month traffic for $3.60/yr. Nice.

• 1 GB KVM, 50Gb HDD for $10/yr ...

• @upfreak said:
    1 GB KVM, 50Gb HDD for $10/yr ...

Yeah. Good deal...just waiting for provisioning now...

• samblingsambling Member
    edited July 2014

/#summerhost - the discount appears to apply to their "VPS Node" offer too.

Intel E3 (VPS Node) (2 Available)
    Intel E3 1240 V3
    4x 1TB Hard Drive
    Hardware RAID w/ BBU
    32GB DDR3 RAM
    10TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps port
    /25 (128 Usable)
    Delivery time: 1-24 Hours.

for $70/mo :O

Edit: Purchased a 512mb OpenVZ for $5.6/yr.

• http://lowendbox.com/blog/123systems-5month-2gb-5year-128mb-and-more-openvz-vps-in-multiple-us-locations/

They started selling 5$ a year VPS in March, so I recon they had an idea to be acquired back then, that's why they were growing their customers base.

We've seen this pattern before :-)

• @vpnarea said:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/123systems-5month-2gb-5year-128mb-and-more-openvz-vps-in-multiple-us-locations/

They started selling 5$ a year VPS in March, so I recon they had an idea to be acquired back then, that's why they were growing their customers base.

We've seen this pattern before :-)

$5 for a 128MB box isn't that rare actually. Many hosts have done this.

• For the past 1 year I think I've seen only RIJX(on their launch), URPad and 123systems doing that, who else?

• Can't boot the box for an hour ,and got the only reply as follow
    "This is a system notification to inform you that our technician team is aware of the outage on the node you are currently located on and should have service restored within the next 15-30 minutes.

If your service is not restored at that point then please re-open this ticket so our team can investigate further. "

• socialssocials Member
    edited July 2014

@vpnarea

BandwagonHost (a pretty reputable host) has a 96MB plan for $4.99 and a 128MB for $5.99. Also, BlueVM used to have a $5.6 128MB special. And, well.. I'm pretty sure GVH also has something like this.

Edit: Hell, even INIZ had a $7 special. Sure, it's not $5 but still dirt cheap.

Thanked by 1vpnarea
  • I want to refund,and got refunds from this guys?

• yywudiyywudi Member

@yernsun said:
    Can't boot the box for an hour ,and got the only reply as follow
    "This is a system notification to inform you that our technician team is aware of the outage on the node you are currently located on and should have service restored within the next 15-30 minutes.

If your service is not restored at that point then please re-open this ticket so our team can investigate further. "

same here.
    waste another $7. stop smoke for 2 days for self punishment :-(

• yywudi said: punishment

I nerver smoke,but a member of chop hand party