Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company.

Comments

• Ian_Ian_ Member

Can we all hug now?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • ftpit said: He is from canada and speaks English

As a first language? "Luc" could easily be French Canada.

• MunMun Member

@Ian_ said:
    Can we all hug now?

Hugs @Ian_

Thanked by 1Ian_
  • alexhalexh Member

@ftpit said:
    He is from canada and speaks English

He is likely French-Canadian. Anglophones are a minority in Quebec, so it's possible he doesn't speak much English at all.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Voyance Most companies in the VPS space have yet to find a way to keep bad people out of their nodes. So if you are looking for something completely stable, stop looking to a VPS. A single shitty neighbour can ruin your experience with a VPS. I'm not saying CVPS couldn't have handled this issue better, but if I was on a VPS I would expect these kinds of things. Especially a budget VPS provider.

• Ian_Ian_ Member

@mun thanks! ;)

Thanked by 1Mun
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Voyance I have a dedi on ChicagoVPS and I can throw you a VM on it with any resources and you can see for yourself. The only neighbour you would have would be me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • blackblack Member
    edited April 2014

Voyance said: At no point in time was there any communication made that anything was being done about it until I brought it up every single time. It took multiple replies to tell me that my node was being hammered by a DDoS attack.

It took 2 replies before they told you it was a DDoS. One was investigating, which is a standard response, the 2nd one said the VPS was online. It wasn't being hammered or else your node wouldn't have been online. I guess you can claim multiple, but it would've been singular if they didn't say your node was online, or "we're looking into it".

The first response was them looking into it for you. The response that first told you about the DDoS said they were working on it. This contracts your statement of "At no point in time was there any communication made that anything was being done about it"
    but I guess that makes sense when consider "We're working on it means nothing to me."

Voyance said: If they had said that outright and gave an estimation until resolution

You can't really give a good estimate on when a DDoS attack stops.

Thanked by 2Ian_ mpkossen
  • support123support123 Member
    edited April 2014

AThomasHowe said: As a first language? "Luc" could easily be French Canada.

Yes,both true

• @black said:

I don't expect a solid answer on when an attack would stop, I except to know that something is being done to filter it, other than "we're working on it", having it come back up again and then going back down right afterward.

• alexhalexh Member

@Ian_ said:
    What your smoking crack now. You berated where was your level of respect my bad you didn't have any my bad. Sorry but u threw the low blows and he has any right to reply back to your statements. We are humans.

You are attempting to take away the OP's freedom of speech. He didn't throw any "low blows," but rather posted his story. Yes, we are human, but as I stated before, as a human who works in customer service, it is generally agreeable that replying to customers like that is unacceptable.

I fail to see how you can genuinely believe that customer service representatives should treat customers that poorly. The situations here are not comparable, given that many customers often get angry at CS reps, but the opposite rarely holds true.

• alexh said: given that many customers often get angry at CS reps, but the opposite rarely holds true.

Ah yes, the low end hosting market, well known for level headed staff who keep their cool at all times. Lol, c'mon.

ftpit said: Yes,both true

That may be true, I can't really say for sure without talking to Luc. In the end though spelling is probably the least of all CVPSs evils.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Ah yes, the low end hosting market, well known for level headed staff who keep their cool at all times. Lol, c'mon.

It doesn't matter if you're the lowest of the low, that's not how you ever do business and expect to succeed or grow. It's downright ridiculous.

• Voyance said: It doesn't matter if you're the lowest of the low, that's not how you ever do business and expect to succeed or grow. It's downright ridiculous.

I didn't say it was excusable, I pointed out it was laughable to imply that providers and customer service reps never fly off the handle in this industry.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mun said:
    Laughing as always

Right there with you.

Thanked by 1Mun
  • People can sit here and "laugh as always", but you're all the community that ultimately guides a new customer to a purchase and to sweep this by the wayside as bullshit will only serve to hurt "this industry". The fact of the matter is that I posted my experience with CVPS and am ultimately extremely dissatisfied with the way they do business and treat their customers.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • MunMun Member

@Voyance said:
    People can sit here and "laugh as always", but you're all the community that ultimately guides a new customer to a purchase and to sweep this by the wayside as bullshit will only serve to hurt "this industry". The fact of the matter is that I posted my experience with CVPS and am ultimately extremely dissatisfied with the way they do business and treat their customers.

Ugh, you do realize I posted this like ummm 12 months ago... right?

http://www.lowendhelp.com/chicagovps-last-chance-email/

I mean, its not like http://www.google.com/search?q=chicagovps+review&surl=1&safe=active this results a ton of bad reviews or anything...

In other words we are laughing at the simple fact people continue to use a service that many of us have said was shit in the past.

Enjoy your angry rant, while we all laugh.

Mun

• alexhalexh Member

Mun said: Also I think there is two messages. "You saw this coming, so suck it up and move on." and two "Do you have proof cc/cvps is bad, No so shut the hell up"

CVPS and CC remain great companies with above-average customer service, superior network performance, brand new hardware, and the best up-time in the industry.

Since dishonesty is so welcomed here, there is some more.

• Which users told you to go with Chicago VPS? The majority of (loud) voices here would tell you to run and never look back. Your experience is not new and your experience is not unique. Countless people have warned of CVPS before. You chose to filter out the noise in return for a lower price or whatever reason you went with CVPS (come on, it's price).

• MunMun Member

@alexh said:
    Since dishonesty is so welcomed here, there is some more.

Im curious on which part of my statment was dishonest, or maybe I am reading to much into this...

• alexhalexh Member

@Mun said:
    Im curious on which part of my statment was dishonest, or maybe I am reading to much into this...

My apologies; I wasn't actually targeting that at you.

No matter how much proof is found, ethical compromise cannot be proven due to the confusion people have between morals and ethics. Many have their own ideas of morals, and many of these ideas unfortunately are not made to seem like they would impact the running of a successful business, or be impactful to you as a customer.

In essence, there is no point in continuing this discussion. People's minds are already made up, and it's like playing sides now. I've realized that posting your opinion at all on this specific forum will forever remain a mistake, as nobody will ever correctly interpret it.

• MunMun Member
    edited April 2014

@alexh, I wouldn't say never, but there is a lot of people here with different viewpoints and successes with providers.

I am starting to find it worthless to post on this forum or vpsboard actually. To much hate... :(

Edit: also, no apology needed just wasn't sure if I was having a finger pointed at me.

• Ian_Ian_ Member

@alexh Maybe I failing to see what is in writing. The level of respect was crossed is all that I was saying. Its a 2 way street when the OP crossed the line the person just addressed his statements. How ever bold it was. That just my opinion. But continuing to rant and rave wont solve anything. I personally would of told him how i felt and that would be the end of it. But i wouldn't kiss his toes afterwards either. Sorry but WHEN YOU start feeling belittled or whatever you have the right to address the issue at hand. But there is a proffessional way of doing so. Just my opinion on that matter.

• VoyanceVoyance Member
    edited April 2014

@Mun said: Ugh, you do realize I posted this like ummm 12 months ago... right?

http://www.lowendhelp.com/chicagovps-last-chance-email/

I mean, its not like http://www.google.com/search?q=chicagovps+review&surl=1&safe=active this results a ton of bad reviews or anything...

In other words we are laughing at the simple fact people continue to use a service that many of us have said was shit in the past.

enjoy your angry rant, while we all laugh.

Mun

I stumbled upon CVPS with a Black Friday deal and purchased the service without doing research before that, this was a new area for me then. What I needed didn't require a service that broke the bank and this seemed to fit the bill.

Because you already posted this 12 months ago, that makes it okay to attempt to derail someone else's bad experience thread? No, that makes you toxic, and you're undoing the effort you attempted to convey 12 months ago.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited April 2014

@Voyance said:
    Because you already posted this 12 months ago, that makes it okay to attempt to derail someone else's bad experience thread? No, that makes you toxic, and you're undoing the effort you attempted to convey 12 months ago.

I understand your frustration, and myself / Mun have probably been the only people to look past your acceptable response which was becoming frustrated at CVPS support.

I can see how this situation would occur, though. Many people in life remain in relationships with abusive individuals because of the perpetual thought that: things will improve; they have already done so many good things, it's just a bad point; or they care about the other individual.

These thoughts motivate the abused person to continue service, as moving data can often be a large process, just as destroying and making new relationships also is.

Edit: Conflicting opinions do not help this effect. This is why my previous comments were made. It's like your mother saying, "she is bad for you, get away!" and your best friend saying, "you won't be happy without her man!"

• MunMun Member

@Voyance said:

Not at all, nor am I derailing your thread. I am laughing at the fact that CVPS is still relevant. How many bad reviews are needed before people will open there eyes? How many times will it take for people to say don't use CVPS before someone takes a look at weather they should buy something. Frankly you bought a service that we all knew wouldn't perform as good as others. Sometimes you just need to look around.

Anyways, Im done here.

• ummmmmmm.....this company has been accused of using NULLED SolusVM software and as of today will still not REFUT these accusations!! Either defend your company and prove us wrong or GTFO!!!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Toadyus said:
    ummmmmmm.....this company has been accused of using NULLED SolusVM software and as of today will still not REFUT these accusations!! Either defend your company and prove us wrong or GTFO!!!

Top posting; rich, insightful comment. Good work.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

Don't forget this corker

can see how this situation would occur, though. Many people in life remain in relationships with abusive individuals because of the perpetual thought that: things will improve; they have already done so many good things, it's just a bad point; or they care about the other individual.

These thoughts motivate the abused person to continue service, as moving data can often be a large process, just as destroying and making new relationships also is.

lol, you poor customers. maybe RamNode or Prometeus need to set up a refuge home for abused hostees.

At this point Godwins Law is imminent. I may swell start it off... @CVPS_Chris is * and @jbiloh is * ;)

• I agree based on reading the tickets that CVPS was not professional in this situation and did not take care of this customer. They should have done better and they should remember that the customer comes first.

This discussion has been closed.